Analysis Pies by 14 pts over the doggies - Round 4, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Travis Cloke used to be the most overrated player at our club.
Now it's Grundy.
58 hit outs. And exactly how did it benefit us?
After being told by so many people last week that my criticism of him was wrong I made a point of observing his game, especially his ruck work closely today. It wasn't special!
Good game, yes, but all this circle jerk work over him is over the top.
I swear people just look at ranking points these days and use that to determine who was best.
Tom Phillips was our second highest ranking player by the way. Go figure.

Good to get the 4 points but that was the performance of a team who will be fighting it out for a spot in the 8. Our season so far is not very promising.

Ok

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Now it's Grundy.
After being told by so many people last week that my criticism of him was wrong I made a point of observing his game, especially his ruck work closely today. It wasn't special!
I swear people just look at ranking points these days and use that to determine who was best.

Good to get the 4 points but that was the performance of a team who will be fighting it out for a spot in the 8. Our season so far is not very promising.

Lol, you didn't need to look at stats or ranking points to see Grundy was absolutely dominant tonight

This stuff looks awfully like that "wannabe a silky transition" team look of 16 & 17. We did the similar thing last week - win by possession, cept last week it was almost a necessity because wc masterfully had the space well guarded and we couldn't get through with run and flair like in the last quarter this game.

We need to get back to the "swarm and spread" of last year, next week is a very difficult proposition and can't to play less than 4 qtrs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Treloar seems to have lost the ability to burst out of congestion and break the game open-lots of dinky handpasses and little sideways chip kicks. DeGoey's kicking is another concern. I thought the nightmare Cloke days were behind us, but his kicking for goal just fell apart tonight.

Not sure what game you were watching then!
A game where he was rucking against a kid yet we only just barely won the clearances.
But of course that is not Grundy's fault. He is beyond criticism. The chosen one.
Go do you're circle jerk with all the others. Or, watch the game again and pay a bit of attention to his ruck work.

Now it's Grundy.

Might be close to the worst post I have seen in a long time.

Treloar seems to have lost the ability to burst out of congestion and break the game open-lots of dinky handpasses and little sideways chip kicks. DeGoey's kicking is another concern. I thought the nightmare Cloke days were behind us, but his kicking for goal just fell apart tonight.
His handballs in close kill us. I'd play him as a pure wingman.

Grundy’s dominance, moving DeGoey into the guts late in the 3rd and Cox’s last qtr was the difference.

A win’s a win and we now move on to Brisbane

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yup. Thought the De Goey move into the centre was pretty important. Forced Stevo deep forward where he made a difference, as he had done not much out on the wing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Pies by 14 pts over the doggies - Round 4, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Back