Autopsy Round 21, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Biggest positive -

I love this board and this club, even if I get frustrated and negative sometimes. This is a good place to be and you're good people, even when we disagree or get snarky. Proud of the boys and everyone here for sticking fat.

Thanks all. :hearts: :rainbow::fire:
Ok fess up. Who slipped an eccy into CCs cuppa?

Ginbey playing that quarterback role has just unlocked him as a player. Gives him purpose and direction. He was just immense.

J. Williams and Maric are fast turning into my favourite players. Always clean and making the right decisions with ball in hand.

Suddenly there are a few kids we can put their magnet on the team board and it'll gather dust over the next ten years.

Ginbey finding a role is such a big win for us. Changes how we look at prior drafting and the state of our list.

Schofield's coaching. Team selection was good, Ginbey settilng in behind the ball (instead of being created into something he isn't), the way he managed Allen, Darling and Waterman, Ryan back then forward when it counted. Reid getting a license to take it on and not reign in his temper. We've been crying out for this for years.

Matt Rowell had 11 clearances and didn't miss a West Coast jumper all night. Elite.

P:
  • some of the senior players like Darling played out of their skins
  • Ginbey in the backline is far more effective than when he's mid (IIRC his junior years were as a backman and only thrown in as a mid much later on?).
  • the tackling
  • the pressure
  • games in Dewar, Trew, etc is a good thing.
  • a full 4 quarters of effort

N:
Still lack some polish at times i guess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

-'s Umpires are an embarrassment to the game.

+'s
Nxp8eDa.gif

Biggest positive -

I love this board and this club, even if I get frustrated and negative sometimes. This is a good place to be and you're good people, even when we disagree or get snarky. Proud of the boys and everyone here for sticking fat.

Thanks all. :hearts: :rainbow::fire:

We’re a bunch of unique individuals - The West Coast Board.

We’re gonna engage with our minds and our hearts. We’re gonna exchange ideas, thoughts and even our energy. And to speak from your heart you need to have courage. You need to be honest and authentic.

We’re not always gonna get it right. And sometimes, you’re not going to agree with us. But that’s okay, because just like you we care.

Just like you, we’re passionate about the game. So if you want to come along for the ride, join us on 24/7, because we just love the footy.

Schofield's coaching. Team selection was good, Ginbey settilng in behind the ball instead of being created into something he isn't, the way he managed Allen, Darling and Waterman, Ryan back then forward when it counted. Reid getting a licensed to take it on and not reign in his temper. We've been crying out for this for years.
Yes, it hasnt really been discussed yet but we went in with an underdone rusty Gov and Hedwards who was subbed out just after quarter time as our only Key backs. Against a rampaging Mac Andrew who kicked 3 goals in the first 40 min and the bloke sitting 3rd in the Coleman. To tidy that up and make the backline work without sending Allen back was an impressive bit of coaching.

We’re a bunch of unique individuals - The West Coast Board.

We’re gonna engage with our minds and our hearts. We’re gonna exchange ideas, thoughts and even our energy. And to speak from your heart you need to have courage. You need to be honest and authentic.

We’re not always gonna get it right. And sometimes, you’re not going to agree with us. But that’s okay, because just like you we care.

Just like you, we’re passionate about the game. So if you want to come along for the ride, join us on 24/7, because we just love the footy.

1722605964742.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 21, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back