Autopsy Round 21, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

So the half back role we had for Reid at the start of the year should've been Ginbey's role all along...I never would've had that on the 2024 bingo card.

And I didn't really notice this until now (since we haven't won many games obviously) but we no longer do that stupid North Melbourne style intro to our song after a win that we used to do in like 18 and 19, thank God.

He is getting into a habit of holding on to it too long though. So many htbs trying to bulldoze through. Actually cost us a couple of goals tonight.
He’s turning into a player opposition supporters hate with a passion

Been some time since weve had that.

Jack Crisp is very much the blueprint for Ginbey I reckon. So similar in many ways. Let him cook in defence for a couple of years.

Those 3 I mentioned have been just ok in the WAFL, they havent been beating the door down or anything.

Theyve made the most of their moments so good for them
Do you watch the wafl each week? Be honest?

If you did you would know Dewar / Harvey have been pretty good all year. They dont have to be 'beating the door down' when players in the team are absolutely terrible. Its also pretty hard for a small forward / wing to dominate in a terrible wafl team.

[Gold Coast] looked well placed to end that horror run early in the third quarter when they broke away to a 23-point lead, but Eagles forward Jake Waterman emerged in the second half to kick three of his four goals and spearhead his team's win.

Can we ban a certain Waterman-hating kent for a week?

Positives
Won the game despite Bwilliams rucking
Jwilliams was so much better than Bwilliams against witts
Darling was really good tonight
The young guys were good.
Dewar is better as a forward than Brockman.
Johnston used the ball very good tonight.
Hall looked composed
Old heads were super especially the last quarter
We were a lot more tidy in the last quarter
We wont win the spoon.

Negatives
So many players botched kicks going forward that cost us scoring opportunities.
Bwilliams. Lets hope we do get Tim English.Has a better well rounded game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good is Jack Williams? Competes hard and follows up so well too. Now that he’s filled into his body he’s able to compete with the big boys like Witts and have an impact.

Darling incredible game. Turned the clock back.

Reid had a better game than the stats sheet says, so clean.

Love Schofield’s brand of tough footy playing on the edge. We smashed them hard in that second half and brought some real intensity to the ball carrier.

Waterman delivers again - superstar.
JWills second efforts remind me of guys like Rowan Marshall/Briggs where they somehow manage to get a clearance/kick away even if they lose the hit out.

Hes fantastic around the ground, so agile, smart, and polished as a footballer. When hes in the ruck, hes almost a second midfielder. Even contributes to ground ball gets.

Behind Harley, and despite Ginbeys awesome game tonight, JWill looks like a future star prospect here. I cant wait to see him in 2-3 years time.

Last edited:
I thought Harvey Johnston was awesome tonight. Only got it 14 times but he used the ball well under pressure with hand & foot & just looked clean.

Hall only got it 5 times but he looked agile, fast & clean in traffic. His kicking looked fine but it’s only a small sample size so far.

Dewar just looks lively & kicked 2 important goals.

Ginbey was awesome & Maric also did some good things.

Ginbey in particular just ended Rothams
Career at the club if it wasn’t already. Just shown he can do the same job & offer a lot offensively.

I thought Harvey Johnston was awesome tonight. Only got it 14 times but he used the ball well under pressure with hand & foot & just looked clean.

Hall only got it 5 times but he looked agile, fast & clean in traffic. His kicking looked fine but it’s only a small sample size so far.

Dewar just looks lively & kicked 2 important goals.
They have a good chance of staying in the team for the last 3 games with Schofield at the helm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 21, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back