Autopsy Round 21, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s going to be a fine line for him I think because he knows he genuinely stronger than most. And often he will initiate contact to free others. It works more often than not.

Rowell was not the guy to try and take on, though- that guy is a literal tank.

I am sure we are coaching him through those scenarios, though, so he learns through it because he is going to have to get used to tackles like he got tonight as teams are going to work on him.
He looked to handball off a lot quicker tonight than he did early season, I noticed.

It’s going to be a fine line for him I think because he knows he genuinely stronger than most. And often he will initiate contact to free others. It works more often than not.

Rowell was not the guy to try and take on, though- that guy is a literal tank.

I am sure we are coaching him through those scenarios, though, so he learns through it because he is going to have to get used to tackles like he got tonight as teams are going to work on him.
A decent ruckman will make a difference. Can you imagine Witt's rucking to Yeo reid Kelly and Duggan tonite!

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Absolutely loved the physicality and pressure in the last.

All legal too but we hurt them.
Was so good. They clearly lifted in the last, a massive contrast to the meek displays we've seen the past couple of years.

When you see efforts like tonight you get your hopes up for 2025 with the addition of a couple of good trades and picks.

It's only positive.

Tonight's efforts need to be the new baseline really.

No Melbourne at the MCG first qtr efforts

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was so good. They clearly lifted in the last, a massive contrast to the meek displays we've seen the past couple of years.
Yeah we were waiting for the fade out/fatigue but we actually just got hungrier for it which was just awesome, 4 quarters of giving it all is what we want to see.

Not sold on Schoey but that physical brand of footy is so good to watch. Not sustainable with a young side with aging gun seniors but when it all clicks its so good. Not all our kids have a future but there’s enough green shoots that there thats gives the side hope going forward. In a way Jack Williams had come out of the clouds. Looking strong and agile and he’s just gonna get stronger in years to come. I seriously think in a few years time he’ll be the next best Eagle after Harley. Think he’s got great footy smarts and work rate that once he moves forward permanently he’ll be like an Oscar Allen

We have learnt a lot about the list over the last few weeks. Hedwards looks like he may be a decent defender after all, JWilliams gets better every week, guys like Dewar, Trew, Johnston, and Hall can contribute in a win and should be considered first in line for available spots over guys like Culley and Ledwards.

Very happy that Schofield got this win. Don't really know why, but I like him a lot and want him to do well. I doubt he's going to get the senior job so I'm very happy to see him get a great win like this as senior coach. You can definitely feel over the last few weeks he's added a different flavour to the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Duggans performance sums up his year to a tee. Been a frustrating year where we question his as not only a capatain but as a player but in reality he’s actually been quite decent. His ball use and decision making has really let him down in regard to him having a great year. Tonight was the same but he stood up when the game needed to be won.

Also on Jack Graham. As a free agent I don’t mind him. i reckon he’s of the right age and someone that would suit this physical style of play and you can plug him into the middle to play that defensive midfield role. It would also free Yeo to play more of an attacking brand of footy.

+ I legit think Jilliams performed better in the ruck against Witt's than Bailey did. Despite being even more undersized. Really nullified the big man. Can't sing Jacks praises enough.

+ Happy for Darlz. Really wish he could've kicked that goal to cap off his evening, the crowd was showing him the love and it would've been a moment.

+ Ginbey off the HBF is fire. He looks a totally different player this last fortnight. More aggression, less timid, hunts the ball, wants to receive it after giving it. Totally different to the midfield version

+ Another huge game from Waterman. Spewing he couldn't have put an exclamation mark on it with a 5th goal.

- Reid's tackle is going to earn him another week IMO, maybe 2. I'll add in his 7FA's as well. I get he's a real BSD, but him looking for Rowell and then trying to run over him was just dumb.

- Witherden was very gimp worthy.

- Hedwards dead, once again.

- Pick 1/2 and any potential priority picks are now goneski. Ahh well.

Harvey Johnston seems like a ripper fella and love the passion from Jarrad Schofield here too.

Reid has mastered the old Hawks tactic of starting a wrestle after you give away a free. Holds up the opposition and never gets penalised.
He also looked like he pretended to fumble the ball at the end so that it went over the boundary for a throw in, rather than try and take possession and risk turning the ball over.

Might have just imagined it, but seemed to be what he was thinking. Smart player, ridiculous footy IQ, just needs to learn when to dish off quicker in stoppages and he’ll be complete.

He also looked like he pretended to fumble the ball at the end so that it went over the boundary for a throw in, rather than try and take possession and risk turning the ball over.

Might have just imagined it, but seemed to be what he was thinking. Smart player, ridiculous footy IQ, just needs to learn when to dish off quicker in stoppages and he’ll be complete.
Yeah noticed that too and thought the same

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 21, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back