Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Fell over the line against a middle of the road Geelong side without Gaz and Selwood, at home.

Hope you guys make finals. Reckon a finals win is a pass mark for your list.

Allen looks a decent prospect.
Thanks for the feedback. You should go tell the Carlton board your thoughts on their game next.

Fell over the line against a middle of the road Geelong side without Gaz and Selwood, at home.

Hope you guys make finals. Reckon a finals win is a pass mark for your list.

Allen looks a decent prospect.
Something I've been working on recently is troll likes. Like non-troll likes but with a sarcy twist so the receiver (usually a troll, but also sometimes my SFA nemesis omgfridge) can really feel it. You're welcome. ;)

In the last 2 minutes ball was kicked to JK one on one. He was in a position to go for the mark, BUT, post the 1 on 1 contest, their was 3 Geelong players about to hit the contest for the crumb. Instead he simply one handed the ball to the boundary line. Got players to the bounce down, Sheed got the ball to Cripps, Cripps kicked to JK who took the grab

That bit of play IMO says everything about him. He has football smarts like no other. 99 out of 100 players try to take the grab in that spot but he had the awareness to realise any losing of the contest would see the ball riccochet back into Geelongs forward line as they had numbers everwhere. He took the safest and smartest option first and got the reward for it

No doubt in my mind that post playing days he transitions to a coach. His reading of the play is unlike any other FF in the game
I loved that play, so clever to think of that in the moment.

Watching the endless loops of his goal off NN's tap and I realised he sneakily used the umpire to block Taylor, without making contact.

As awesome to watch as that play was, that was horrible defending by Geelong. They handed us a goal on a platter
Blicavs totally shit himself

What does it say about our small mids when players practise crumbing off ruckman in forward line using a key forward?

That Josh Kennedy can do whatever the hell he wants? If JK feels like he's due a stint at CERN in Switzerland splitting atoms, because he feels he's a sneaky chance for a Nobel Prize, then I'll drive him to the airport.

Positives
+ I love being an eagles supporter. Not just the success, but the football we play.
+ NN is huge.
+ Kennedy proving me wrong. I thought he was cooked, now he's leading the Coleman
+ Our midfield clicking
+ Cripps finding some form
+ Our ability to respond when behind is very similar to 2018.

Negatives
- Edwards injury
- Ainsworth doing nothing to change my mind that he's not up to it.
- Cameron's return seems a bit premature. Probably needs a few games in the ressies to get his touch back.
- Ah Chee needs to be contributing over 4 quarters, not just a quarter or a couple of plays (as he did yesterday).

Blicavs totally sh*t himself

Harsh. He was very very good and unlike some before him, just ran and jumped into NicNat at every single bounce down. Quite a few take the easy way out and stay down to impact his tap direction

That 1 second of play for me wouldnt outweight just how brave he was for the game. He was fantastic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If youre going to be knocked out by anyone on your debut, it’s quite the honour for it, be by Shep.

something for Harry to tell his grandkids one day.
Ratagulia pushed in the back Edwards thats why he hit Sheps hip . I reckon he should get weeks for that.

Which aspects of the umpiring?
The consistency was shocking.

To be specific, I am confused last night on what constitutes interference in a marking contest and holding the man holding the ball.

I do not believe we were screwed over by the decisions, I am just confused on the interpretations.

Like most weeks, 🪒 Ray ends up making it about him by wanting to prove himself. Most of his decisions are ok and then both ways had some shockers

Just shows you how cushy they have it over there and proves the point of increased confidence in consistent surroundings + lack of travel on older bodies (that all Victorian fans vigorously deny is a big factor, I think our home stand is about to open some eyes over east).

Strongly believe if we were based in Melbourne and/or Richmond had this 22 + gameplan it would’ve won a threepeat at some point (taking it even further, if we had Geelongs fixture we’d be lucky to lose 5 games a year). We may not be the mentally strongest team going around at some points but you don’t necessarily need to be with the armchair ride the Vics get.

Days like today make me a feel so lucky and proud to be an Eagles fan: and so angry when we don't play well because you know what the team and players are capable of: sh-t like today.
Unreal match.. I felt like I just watched a finals match.

+'s
Probably one of the most intense games I've watched in a loooong time (excluding GF)
Midfield so good for the most part
Kennedy was a beast just when we needed him the most
Duggan's monster hip? !
Cameron's tackling skills (I'll keep saying it)

~ Told my wife that the game was better than sex (I think she probably agreed)

-'s
I yelled horrible obscene creative sh*t at the TV about the umps today: truly awful and it cost us actual legit goals
Is there a little sign before the umps leave their quarters that says "if Kennedy is being held, pay it no mind"
Predictability connecting to forward line (Kennedy every time..?)
Their talls up forward nailed us - which we'd discussed pregame
Cameron & Ainsworth choices/unable to handle pressure
Their rebound through the middle was elite and we had real trouble shutting it down

Jesus, next weekend is going to be so f-king dull.

We play Sunday buddy!

3pm on the 9th.

Yes we got a bye in round 10 but round 11 starts Sat. :cool: :thumbsu: ;)

The consistency was shocking.

To be specific, I am confused last night on what constitutes interference in a marking contest and holding the man holding the ball.

I do not believe we were screwed over by the decisions, I am just confused on the interpretations.

Like most weeks, 🪒 Ray ends up making it about him by wanting to prove himself. Most of his decisions are ok and then both ways had some shockers
Totally agree.

But I’m just curious what, if any, specific aspects prompted a complaint. Inconsistency and nonsensical interpretations is hardly new, especially this season.

Oh yeah, the song.

That will be a negative every win until...who knows when.

Can someone more proactive than me get a #returnthewings-esque campaign going? It's so so dreadful.
Those around us in the crowd were belting out “Kings of the big game!” After the “We’re the Eagles” line. Sounded good, and took back some control as a supporter 😂

200.gif

Not bad for someone who can't football anymore:

View attachment 925177

This is only the second time in his career that Kennedy has kicked 4+ goals in three consecutive matches - the previous being in Round 7, 2013.

The current total of 15 goals over three successive matches is Kennedy's highest since Round 23, 2014 and is only exceeded once over his entire career.

Round 2, 2017 is the last time Kennedy kicked 3 goals during a final quarter.

Coming home and not travelling appears to have completely revitalised him.

Its also revitalised the players kicking it to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back