Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine coming at an Eagles fan and telling them Nic Nat’s stats, as though I ******* care mate.

Watch the game you braindead pleb. His taps counting the same as any other bloke’s is criminal.

Another 10 coaches votes coming up for a 10 disposal game, if you don’t like that you don’t like proper football.
Imma marry this post and then give it a rogering of a lifetime to consummate the marriage

Ainsworth surely wont play next week, has no redeeming features and shits the bed when he gets it, not a huge hutchings fan but he would have atleast brought the pressure.
Cameron just seems out of touch and doesn't have the breakaway pace since groin injury.
Hurn has really lost confidence.

Otherwise great spirit, resilience and will to get over the line with a man down.

Days like today make me a feel so lucky and proud to be an Eagles fan: and so angry when we don't play well because you know what the team and players are capable of: sh-t like today.
Unreal match.. I felt like I just watched a finals match.

+'s
Probably one of the most intense games I've watched in a loooong time (excluding GF)
Midfield so good for the most part
Kennedy was a beast just when we needed him the most
Duggan's monster hip
Cameron's tackling skills (I'll keep saying it)

~ Told my wife that the game was better than sex (I think she probably agreed)

-'s
I yelled horrible obscene creative shit at the TV about the umps today: truly awful and it cost us actual legit goals
Is there a little sign before the umps leave their quarters that says "if Kennedy is being held, pay it no mind"
Predictability connecting to forward line (Kennedy every time..?)
Their talls up forward nailed us - which we'd discussed pregame
Cameron & Ainsworth choices/unable to handle pressure
Their rebound through the middle was elite and we had real trouble shutting it down

Jesus, next weekend is going to be so f-king dull.

Negative - listless in first half, if not for accurate kicking could have been totally out of it by half time
Positive - ignoring all the obvious stuff, our defence really stood up in the one on ones. Big shoutout to Barrass for keeping Hawkins to 2 marks when he is the sort of player that always seems to bob up in these sort of games. And all that without Gov.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine coming at an Eagles fan and telling them Nic Nat’s stats, as though I ******* care mate.

Watch the game you braindead pleb. His taps counting the same as any other bloke’s is criminal.

Another 10 coaches votes coming up for a 10 disposal game, if you don’t like that you don’t like proper football.
Those same people probably never batted an eye at Cyril Rioli being named among Hawthorn's best when he picked up 10-15 touches

+
Shuey looks like he always has time, Kelly beast inside.
JK looking damn good. 15 in 3 weeks.
Duggan needs a haircut but playing fantastic footy.
Barrass is consistent
Back in the top four. I would love the lols if we had an 'away' final at Optus v a Vic club. Payback for the 90s

-
Cameron didn't offer much
Ainsworth, when the going was hectic in the last quarter he looked all at sea.
Edward's, not the start to his AFL career he was looking for

+ Kennedy, the bloke's on fire!
+ Shuey, TK absolutely sublime
+ Second half pressure went into overdrive. We looked possessed at times
+ Duggo was awesome. Body on the line time after time and clean
+ Great win in a game that wasn't on our terms for a long time. I love watching us break teams down and come over the top

+/- Ainsworth. Not an out and out negative, because as someone else said, he went when it was his turn. He's a young bloke and probably hasn't had that kind of intensity before, so was a bit slower than he needed to be. He'll be in an out of the side.
- Holding the ball is broken.

Not too much else. Geelong are a good side and were incredibly skilled and accurate in the first half. Once we got our structures right, it's hard to keep that up for 4 quarters and our pressure forced turnovers that lead to goals. Two good wins on the trot, but tempered by the fact that both of those sides were missing two of their best mids. We're well set up at 6-3.

That was our Geelong/Carlton 2006.

The hole we crawled out of wasn’t as big as either, but twice we’ve been in a dire spot against two much better opponents (compared to 06) and we’ve responded in ridiculous fashion.

FIRE UP CARNTS WE’RE BACK.
*Looks at who we play next*

tumblr_mvgql5jpxr1qj2a4mo2_r1_400.gif

Positives -that was a really good game and I want to watch it again and thats the first time I've said that this season. Geelong are always a hard team for us to deal with and probs the strongest opposition we have played this year so far.Brisbane in Brisbane close second.
Naitanui,Kennedy,Shuey,Yeo,Kelly ,Sheed,Duggan all stepping up again when needed great to watch
Negatives - small forwards other than Ryan didnt have great games took a while to up the pressure .But not much negatives after a good win.

I'll start with negatives, because a few things pissed me off.
- Simpson clearly cheated with kneeing the goal, then laughed when it got paid. Enjoy your 8 stitches cnt.
- The goal umpire in that situation calling it a goal, just say I'm not sure because you weren't.
- Some poor umpiring, Razor at the heart of it.
- We let them get easy disposals out of our back half in the first half. Positive in this was we turned it around and shut it down and applied nice pressure.
- Kills me to say this, but Cameron was awful. He had two massive turn over kicks, but I'd definitely persist as he'll be a gun.

Positives
- Kennedy after the 16 sec mark to mid 3/4 did nothing. Game on the line, up he bobs and turns game winner. This is what champions do, King Kennedy.
- Cats defence is one of best in the league, averages 43 points against. We dumped a massive load on that.
- To be down and out of the game to believe and come back was beautiful, these games are almost better than the Collingwood win as belief grows so much from wins like that.
- Duggan is the future captain!
- Yeo is our barometer man, tonight he said I'm not losing.l this.

Positives +.
  • JK clutch and leading the Coleman at the time of this post and that play he made to just cut off another Cats switch.
  • Nic Nat is definitely a top ruck in the comp giving our mids diamond plated service on a regular basis and that tap to a roving JK who kicks a goal was legendary.
  • Mids showed mongrel by beating them in contested possessions.
  • When we play well, Yeo unleashes his inner Hulk and becomes "Angry Yeo."
  • Sheed was good.
  • We found a plan B to the Cats stopping our kick mark. Dylan should be able to explain what plan B was.
  • Work rate improved form half time when we came back and stopped the Cats momentum.
  • JD kicking two clutch goals.
  • Waterman did a great job in defense when Edwards went down.
  • Ryan was great and made some good plays but couldn't finish shots he would usually get.
  • Ah Chee's clutch mark and goal at the end of the third quarter to give us momentum for the second half.
  • Barrass did a good job on Hawkins and has been decent, hope he keeps this up for the rest of the year and doesn't go back end of 2019 form for the rest of the year.
  • Duggan was great with his fire and rebound out of defense. That hit was awesome and I will go insane if he gets suspended for that since he had the footy when he made that bump.
  • Hurn was decent and made some good intercept marks.
  • Cripps somewhat better and kicked that goal on the run which gave us momentum.
  • First play of the match had me dreaming of a Nic Nat to Shuey, handball to Kelly and kick to JK who kicks the goal.
Negatives -.
  • Slow starts, we've let the Cats get off to a flyer.
  • Ainsworth clearly a WAFL standard player unfortunately, looked lost and didn't know what to do with the footy easily makes way for Redden. I was fuming and screaming loudly when he got done HTB because that could've easily stopped our momentum. Unfortunately we have several WAFL standard players who haven't made the jump to AFL standard yet.
  • Cameron, didn't do much asides from his tackles. Would give still let him play against Carlton and hopefully he's got the required match fitness since that injury he sustained back in early March.
  • Ryan's potentially costly 50m penalty. Had Ratugolea converted then the Cats have the momentum back.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back