Review Positives and Negatives vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Owls are big in tatt culture for some unknown reason. I can't understand it myself.
Much rather the owl than "RIOT"

Closest Chris will get to a riot is rushing to get to the dubstep stage at Stereosonic

667900-chris-masten.jpg

wow i didnt know tats could be done on a stick insect
all he needs is a c$%^ antenna on top of his noggin and hes the full deal

Untitled-1.jpg

How far off is Xavier Ellis from returning to the side? On the AFL injury list he's listed as 'test'. I still think if he's fit he can give the Eagles more depth around the ground.

Reckon X would have a game in WAFL first before playing. Been a 8 week hamstring since second game in NAB cup that was originally posted as 2-4 weeks.

Reckon X would have a game in WAFL first before playing. Been a 8 week hamstring since second game in NAB cup that was originally posted as 2-4 weeks.

Given our form - I daresay it will be more than a solitary week

It would be great to start having some pressure coming from the WAFL

How good to have Rosa, Ellis and Selwood start in the WAFL putting pressure on above

Unless Fmac can somehow learn how to hold on to some marks against decent opposition, he's just not gonna make it as an AFL player.

They said that about Lynch once upon a time as well, a few years later...

lynch.jpg

Hopefully Frase can one day snub little kids on Grand Final day as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They said that about Lynch once upon a time as well, a few years later...

lynch.jpg

Hopefully Frase can one day snub little kids on Grand Final day as well.

I remember the outcry, mainly from the Purples, after the medal presentations, and how rude some of our players were. Having watched it 67 times, majority of the players either go to shake the kids hand first, while the kid stands there trying to receive the cap from the player, or the other way round, making for an awkward "don't leave me hangin'" type situation, some kids didn't put their hands out to shake, some players, like Wirra, just put the cap on the kid and did the old "f**k yeah" to the crowd, and bailed:D

In hindsight, both the players, & the kids should have been told, accept medal from kid, shake hand, give cap, done. None of this bloody just do whatever up there, not like anyone is watching. (Obviously I have watched the replay of that game waaaaaaay to many times to remember such trivial crap!)

I remember wincing during the entire medal ceremony, i was like... "wow he just left that kid hanging..." and then it happened again, and again :oops:

From memory, it was Wirra, Lynchy and Maybe Kerr who snubbed them, possibly more, I can't remember, I'm not obssessed. I reckon a few put the hat on the kid, gave them a pat on the head and that's it.

What a controversy ay:D

From memory, it was Wirra, Lynchy and Maybe Kerr who snubbed them, possibly more, I can't remember, I'm not obssessed. I reckon a few put the hat on the kid, gave them a pat on the head and that's it.

What a controversy ay:D

You're just a fan ;)

I don't think we even gave them hats? Geelong started the tradition the year after from memory after we copped the massive backlash.

Last edited:
Well done to all WCE players and coaches. F...in oustanding team effort.
The last 3 games have picked up from the quality win against the Crows last year at Adelaide Oval...which was the first time i thought i could see the teams potential. The last 3 games have been awesome....but against Port we showed our teeth. Now the boys know they can do it. Bring on the rest of season 15...and lets aim for top 4.

The Good:
- Our handball and spread set up so many rebounds and attacks; the players just seemed to know when to leave their man and run. There were similar signs- funnily enough in first half against Port during the pre-season; great to see it come together in a serious match away from home.
- Hardness. As most people have already mentioned, guys we're not used to seeing go for the hard inside ball like Masten and Wellingham putting their bodies on the line time and again. As with Darling in 2011, the younger players like Duggan and Yeo are showing the old stagers how to go about it.
- Kennedy. Even with his elbow and dislocating a finger in the second quarter, he was instrumental at keeping our structure together, or dragging players out of the fifty. Despite missing shots he'd normally take, I think it was one of his more important games this year, and I loved how he lowered the eyes, looked around and hit Shuey up to kick our first of the fourth quarter.
- The defence- including floating mids like Masten, Gaff and Yeo - helped out tremendously, particularly in the fourth quarter. Guys who we've all kind of been worried about such as Sheppard, Schoey(as a KPD), Wellingham and Butler all contributed and- like the mids-weren't afraid to leave their man to affect a spoil or take a mark. As much as it sounds strange, McKenzie and Brown going down has been a blessing; it's taught our backline to play as a unit.
- McGovern, Duggan and Yeo. Seriously, I don't need to say any more than that.
- Hill has come back with a vengeance since being dropped. It really looks like he's playing for the team(or at least his career). He's not just kicking goals but corralling, pressuring, tackling, running back when he's needed and hitting targets. When he was dropped to play for the All Stars at the beginning of the year I though that was it for him. I'm glad he's proving a lot of us wrong(though the lack of congratulations he seems to get still seems strange to me).
- Our rucks demolished a very good opposition.
- Positivity on this board.
- Mixing it up. I love(LOVE) that Simpson isn't afraid to switch it up: Wellingam down back; LeCras, Cripps, Hill, Yeo to the midfield; Shuey, Sheed, Yeo up forward. It didn't always work, but it's good to see some flexibility.
- Priddis playing a role he was meant to play: down and dirty- get the ball and handball to a good user. He's getting back to his 2007 role and that's what suits him best.
- So many others I can't count them.

The Bad:
- Sinclair, McInnes and Naitanui dropping marks they should be taking. I get that McInnes is still really raw and that Sinclair was just overawed, but Naitanui has gone backwards big-time since 2012 in this respect. I really hope it's just a lack of confidence.
- Hurn played one of his worst games I can remember(which just shows how good his games usually are). He did some really good things, especially in the last when the game was on the line, but he just seemed to have little overall impact as either a defender or a rebound option. This was admittedly the highest pressure game in his short tenure as captain, hopefully he's just adjusting to the role.

The Ugly:
- Dem screams, every time Port went forward.
- Seriously, WTF is Kane Mitchell?
450410-kane-mitchell.jpg

Positive - Simpsons new game plan is a real positive for mine. It was evident in the pre season and it seems to be really coming together. Last year we were stodgy at best with lots of stop start play and little creative running. This year at times we have breathtaking in our movement through the backline and midfield.

Minor Negative - Like the game against the bulldogs we went in our shell bit in the last quarter. This time our defense was immense though
Best play was Sheppard's kick into the middle with great link up by hand between a few mids and then the kick by Gaff to Kennedy who subsequently hit Shuey on the run who then backed himself for the first of his two immense final term goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Positives and Negatives vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back