Positives to come out of the weekend

Remove this Banner Ad

Schofield is still very young as far as KPP's go. Only just turned 21 and is around 92 Kilos so he's not giving all that much away in weight when compared to Riewoldt and has a few cm on him as well. He's such a good athlete and he's got good football smarts and good skills.

In two seasons he will be 23 and wont have all that much physical development left and i think he will be our best KPD by a good margin. Has a better feel for the speed of the game than Brown and McKenzie, not to mention he's got cleaner disposal.

Would love to see Schofield play they third tall role, would also free up Sheppard in later years to not have to play a lock down role in defence

Losing a derby kills, but we did play some of our best footy all year today, just, so bump.

Schofield's doing very well, especially for his size.
Kennedy's a class act.
Love Hams to death, definite find there.
We may have found what Scooter's good for. Don't want to get too excited, but he played well.
We got a glimpse of Naita/Swift/Ebert/Masten, and Ebert was stellar all game.
Our disposal was shit, but I definitely saw an improvement. Not going to fix itself in a week.

I didn't think Schofield had a great game today, did a number of things wrong. Was better last week but apart from that not a huge wrap on him at the moment.

Positives from today: Ebert and Swift. That's it. Masten would be one, but you know, the slight problem of an injury.

Positives

After an insipid, farcicial & error riddled selection policy, AGAIN, Worsfold and his ass bandit, Sumich, are much closer to getting told to pack their bags and F the hell out of the club.

Best thing to come out of the weekend:

FINALS OUT OF REACH SO WE CAN NOW DROP CRAP VETERANS.

Which veterans are they going to drop though? They will REDROP Lynch, but that was a given. And Embley is a forced drop due to suspension. Can't drop Glass, doesn't deserve it. Priddis if we can call him a veteran could be one.

Which veterans are they going to drop though? They will REDROP Lynch, but that was a given. And Embley is a forced drop due to suspension. Can't drop Glass, doesn't deserve it. Priddis if we can call him a veteran could be one.

Jones
A.Selwood
Rosa

Need to all be put under the microscope

Positives from the weekend

1. Ebert - keep him in the middle
2. Schofield - has stamped himself as the third tall IMO. Loss against Pavlich but held his head high.
3. Glass, MacKenzie, Schofield (+Brown) as our tall defenders. Spangher/Wilkes/Jones not too play another game this year injury barring IMO
4. Swift improving
5. Le cras uninjured
6. Cox with another game under his belt
7. Lynch not to play another game this year?!?

Positives from the weekend

1. Ebert - keep him in the middle
2. Schofield - has stamped himself as the third tall IMO. Loss against Pavlich but held his head high.
3. Glass, MacKenzie, Schofield (+Brown) as our tall defenders. Spangher/Wilkes/Jones not too play another game this year injury barring IMO
4. Swift improving
5. Le cras uninjured
6. Cox with another game under his belt
7. Lynch not to play another game this year?!?

I reckon he beat him.

Pav kicked his goals against Glass IIRC

The main positives is our midfield. We will slowly phase out the plodders as our young guys start showing something.

Ebert - will be class, and is coming to that 50 game mark where he will be more consistent.

Masten before he got injured. Showed what he's capable of. He'll be back.

S Selwood - the guy is tough. Barely let Hill touch the ball in the first half. Let himself down a bit in the second but Hill wasnt very damaging. I had my doubts about Scooter and I still do but gee he's determined.

Swift - gun. Will be our best midfielder by next year.

I eagerly await Shuey's return and Sheppard's debut. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Swift - Gun. hehe looks like someone got the msg through to Woosha to play him in the middle, not HBF:rolleyes:

Schofield - Where has this guy been. Perfect prototype for modern defender.

Rosa - Looked sharp around the packs.

Priddis - Exposed badly. Now if only they put Ebert in his role.

Scott Selwood - Premier run with player?

Lecras - Looked fit. Time to move into the middle more.

Hams - improved again.

a good positive was Nicky jumping over Sandilands freaking unbelievable he was that high that sandi`s palm was hitting Nicky`s elbow in the 1st quarter haven`t seen anything like it.:thumbsu:
The cow jumped over the moon stuff :thumbsu:

That was the best loss of the season IMO.

Freo are a form side and we had them on the back foot for large parts of the game.

The intensity was fantastic from most players and only fatigue got us in the end with Masten going down.

Well done to the playing group for effort, disappointing to lose but great effort anyway.

If only we could kick some goals in that third quarter when we dominated Freo, then things may have turned out differently.

A hard working effort. A turning point for the club. Our kids can win in the midfield against a form team.

We have tested some deamons and can now move on:
-The game has left the Q behind.
-A. Selwood is a hard worker but wont win us a GF. Replace with a good kid at the right time.
-Priddis - see A Selwood.
-Rosa is not a game breaker and doesnt set up attacks. Replace with a good kid at the right time.
-McKinlay either gets some confidence and attiture or he is gone.

perhaps a little controversially, LeCras has to learn to set up a lead or play as an outside mid. He leads too directly and thus has a player on his shoulder all the time - granted he often misses soft frees but isnt a percentage go to player when manned up because of this.

The Forwards lost the game for us in the third qtr so get of the disposal / midfield band wagon. From set shots Kennedy and McKinlay missed two each and LeCras bungled one - that resulted in a freo goal (12 point turnover). That is 36 points hit against us in 5-8 minutes. These were at a time when the game was up to be won and our mids had spent their enegry setting up opportunities.

We MUST get a new forward coach.

I thought there was alot of positives but again we dont have enough quick ball carriers that can run past the selwoods and priddis to deliver it effeciently to our foward line. I think that this week we will need to look at shepperd and strijk. We need to move A Selwood to the back flank as we dont need him getting the ball 28 times.

The cow jumped over the moon stuff :thumbsu:

That was the best loss of the season IMO.

Freo are a form side and we had them on the back foot for large parts of the game.

The intensity was fantastic from most players and only fatigue got us in the end with Masten going down.

Well done to the playing group for effort, disappointing to lose but great effort anyway.

If only we could kick some goals in that third quarter when we dominated Freo, then things may have turned out differently.

This is how I saw it too...

Heartbreaking to lose to Freo but as much as it pains to me to admit it, they are a good side this year. Good teams can kick into another gear when required unfortunately...

Couldn't convert on the scoreboard, but we definitely improved on our intensity and pressure.. And they also seemed to be playing with spirit..

i'm glad that adam selwood's deficiencies are being much more widely acknowledge this year.

hopefully the coaching staff have also noticed.

I thought there was alot of positives but again we dont have enough quick ball carriers that can run past the selwoods and priddis to deliver it effeciently to our foward line. I think that this week we will need to look at shepperd and strijk. We need to move A Selwood to the back flank as we dont need him getting the ball 28 times.
This!
There is no value in dropping players like A Selwood and Priddis as they are good honest players. The only problem is that we are expecting them to be the class midfielders and they simply do not have the talent. Both are slow and take too long to move the ball on although both get to the bottom of the packs and can hold the ball up. Time to back the kids and get Sheppard and Stevens on to the park. (I know woosha said he wasn't ready but he is improving each week)

Remove this Banner Ad

Positives to come out of the weekend

Remove this Banner Ad

Back