Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Well of course they are. We're not expecting those two to leave Vic and trundle across the Tasman that's for sure. To be fair they probably don't even know where Bass Strait is! Probably think its part of the racetrack on Phillip Island.

I am surprised Essendon haven't played a pre season one here , there's a lot of nuts here who support them .

Waiting for a painfully-slow PDF to download whilst listening to Rumours, so naturally I did what any normal person would do - I sorted our midfielders by the Fleetwood Mac member they are.

Isaac Heeney / Lindsey Buckingham. Brilliant frontman who has teased us with his talent but probably never fully lived up to it, but still been awesome over the journey all the same.

Chad Warner / Stevie Nicks. When he's good, he's great. When he's bad, he makes you want to tear your hair out.

Errol Gulden / Mick Fleetwood. A freak of nature whose brilliance can surely only be explained by a shit-load of drugs.

James Rowbottom / Christine McVie. The no-fuss one off to the side who is quietly doing more than anyone else in the band. And they kinda have the same hair.

If Brodie Grundy is anyone, it'd be, from the band's new iteration, Neil Finn, formerly of Crowded House and Split Enz. Because he just spent six months in a leaky boat called the Melbourne Football Club.

Mrs DQ reckons if one attends an AFL game, it’s ok to call a player, umpire or Eddie McGuire a “flog” or a “tosser”, but not a “wank*r”.

When I politely and respectfully pointed out that they all mean the same thing, she stood by her position.

Is Mrs DQ correct?
She is correct that you can call the likes of McGuire a flog and a tosser. She is wrong that you can't also call him a w***er. All are interchangeable and all are valid descriptions for the above mentioned.

Mrs DQ reckons if one attends an AFL game, it’s ok to call a player, umpire or Eddie McGuire a “flog” or a “tosser”, but not a “wank*r”.

When I politely and respectfully pointed out that they all mean the same thing, she stood by her position.

Is Mrs DQ correct?
Tosser and w***er are the same thing

Flog is slightly different

Sometimes the stats really do speak for themselves. I think something like 5 of the last 6 premiers have was their last 4 games leading into the Finals. Then you have stats like this one showing again that despite leading and with a healthy % that current form indicates we're not winning the premiership.

Sometimes stats are made to be broken - and sometimes the evidence speaks for itself. We'll find out in Sept.

Every week I rate all of our players performances out of 10. I've rated six individual performances 10/10 this year, and three as 9.5/10. I thought I'd share them so far, since it's been ages since any has made that cut.

It made me realise how much I miss the Isaac Heeney of the first half of the season.

Isaac Heeney vs Melbourne, Opening Round - 26 disposals, 7 tackles, 1 goal, 18 contested possessions, 12 score involvements, 13 clearances, 8 inside 50s. (10/10)

Isaac Heeney vs Collingwood, Round 1 - 29 disposals, 2 goals, 13 contested possessions, 10 score involvements, 31 pressure acts. (9.5/10)

Will Hayward vs Greater Western Sydney, Round 8 - 16 disposals, 4 goals, 7 tackles, 11 contested possessions, 7 score involvements. (10/10)

James Rowbottom vs Carlton, Round 10 - 19 disposals, 16 tackles, 1 goal, 11 contested possessions, 7 score involvements, 35 pressure acts, 6 clearances, 4 centre clearances. (9.5/10)

Isaac Heeney vs Carlton, Round 10 - 24 disposals, 8 tackles, 3 goals, 12 score involvements, 5 clearances. (9.5/10)

Chad Warner vs Western Bulldogs, Round 11 - 25 disposals, 4 goals, 11 contested possessions, 10 score involvements, 4 clearances. (10/10)

Joel Amartey vs Adelaide, Round 14 - 9 goals (LOL) (10/10)

Brodie Grundy vs Adelaide, Round 14 - 31 disposals, 24 contested possessions, 8 score involvements, 9 clearances, 49 hitouts. (10/10)

James Rowbottom vs Greater Western Sydney, Round 15 - 32 disposals, 6 tackles, 20 contested possessions, 10 score involvements, 35 pressure acts, 11 clearances, 6 centre clearances. (10/10)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apropos of absolutely nothing and for no particular reason I am looking for ideas of what to do in September 2024.

I found this fascinating little festival A Monet in Murwillumbah

You view such classics such as this!!
1722682205601.png

Now the best thing is it goes for the WHOLE of September if you want something to do.

Anyone else have anything on their dance card they may wish to share?

While I’m being irrational and ultimately acting like a petulant child after last night something that is really pissing me off right now.

150 years of the club. Many of those in South Melbourne. What has the club actually done for its Vic supporters this year? A preseason free event at a venue so small I couldn’t get a look in 4 hours after the email went out (working? Too bad.), a 150 years event before the Essendon game that costs an arm and a leg, and despite having the whole year to plan it, the family day which is being held on the ****ing outer concourse of Marvel Stadium. That’s the best venue you could come up with? Seriously?

While I’m being irrational and ultimately acting like a petulant child after last night something that is really pissing me off right now.

150 years of the club. Many of those in South Melbourne. What has the club actually done for its Vic supporters this year? A preseason free event at a venue so small I couldn’t get a look in 4 hours after the email went out (working? Too bad.), a 150 years event before the Essendon game that costs an arm and a leg, and despite having the whole year to plan it, the family day which is being held on the ****ing outer concourse of Marvel Stadium. That’s the best venue you could come up with? Seriously?

Been mediocre for 150 years why celebrate differently :(

Today my life flashed before my eyes.

I went to the barber for a haircut and a shave.

The TV in the barbershop was showing Brazil vs Australia in the women’s beach volleyball.

Never before have I been so nervous about a man wielding a razor blade close to my throat.

Hahaha legit tho im embarassed for them to be comfortable wearing that type of attire.

Nah im serious like i get its a water type activity but come on they dont need to be wearing thong bikinis
Can't say I've noticed.
pinocchio GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back