Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah im serious like i get its a water type activity but come on they dont need to be wearing thong bikinis
Look, I'm a female and if I had the body and looked like those girls do, I'd LIVE in a bikini!

Well maybe not now as I'm middle aged, but certainly 30 odd years ago.

Brandon Jack may be the greatest AFL coach of all time whose never coached a single game.

Mrs DQ reckons if one attends an AFL game, it’s ok to call a player, umpire or Eddie McGuire a “flog” or a “tosser”, but not a “wank*r”.

When I politely and respectfully pointed out that they all mean the same thing, she stood by her position.

Is Mrs DQ correct?
Lol! Absolutely she is correct! A flog or tosser are polite terms that can be used anywhere... a wank*r cannot!

Go Mrs DQ! You maintain your standards girl!!!

Decided to use my membership this year and go up for the Crows game, given one daughter is also a Swans member, but my other daughter and wife are unfortunately Crows members. But they have never been to NSW, and will be good to see the new facility.

Just need to get a ticket tomorrow for us all and of course win the game.

Have never been to an SCG loss in my 6 visits.

Decided to use my membership this year and go up for the Crows game, given one daughter is also a Swans member, but my other daughter and wife are unfortunately Crows members. But they have never been to NSW, and will be good to see the new facility.

Just need to get a ticket tomorrow for us all and of course win the game.

Have never been to an SCG loss in my 6 visits.
Am going to try and get a ticket as well!!!

Watching the Crows Dogs game (go Crows!), and a player went "down to the rooms to get a couple of staples because you're not allowed to do that in full view". Does anyone know what that is all about? Something about self harm perhaps?
It all stems from a Rugby League state of origin a few years ago when the team doctor stapled a players head on the sideline and it was captured by the telecast. Queue outrage, "think of the children" wailing etc post game and it subsequently became something to be done out of public view.

It all stems from a Rugby League state of origin a few years ago when the team doctor stapled a players head on the sideline and it was captured by the telecast. Queue outrage, "think of the children" wailing etc post game and it subsequently became something to be done out of public view.
They also stopped showing horrific injuries. I remember the days when they used to replay those moments multiple times to fill in dead-air while the player gets stretchered off the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its really interesting to hear about other coaches in their pressers with teams fighting to stay alive Mitchell for example had no issues discussing the ladder and saying a loss this week is season over.

Fagan was alluding to how the ladder looks and how a win is a must for a top 4 finish

Where as Longmire completely dismisses the ladder and finishing position and focusses on method and system

Its really interesting to hear about other coaches in their pressers with teams fighting to stay alive Mitchell for example had no issues discussing the ladder and saying a loss this week is season over.

Fagan was alluding to how the ladder looks and how a win is a must for a top 4 finish

Where as Longmire completely dismisses the ladder and finishing position and focusses on method and system
I think the reality is within the four walls you need both. Focus on system, process and pressure. You need to get the adrenaline happening. Not too hot and not too cool.

But how does she get a ticket and why is she an ambassador
Well, I’ve just googled myself to death - Amy Stevenson is an ex-Daily Tele journo who has written a few Swans articles.

Frustratingly, there is no “list” of ambassadors anywhere.

If you know someone at the club, get them to ask around - it may be complete bullshit.

Glad she's looking forward to the Katy Perry concert. Wonder if she knows they have an AFL game as part of the post concert entertainment. Although, she might have dinner plans. So who cares who comes on after Katy.
To be fair, I went to a great Robbie Williams concert at the MCG in September 2022. Nothing else that day

Well, I’ve just googled myself to death - Amy Stevenson is an ex-Daily Tele journo who has written a few Swans articles.

Frustratingly, there is no “list” of ambassadors anywhere.

If you know someone at the club, get them to ask around - it may be complete bullshit.
I'm going to contact the club

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back