Powa get 1st Showdown at AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't like the decision mainly for all the AFC members but being in Brisbane I guess it doesn't really effect me. What I dislike more is that Port seem to be getting favourable treatment. I would have thought that more consideration would be given to the AFC seeing as how they are the oldest AFL club, have won the most flags of all the AFL clubs in Adelaide :) and attract the largest crowds on a ongoing basis. Perhaps this is further punishment the AFC has to bare for Triggs actions last year. Now he has caused us the lost of picks and the lose of this marque game. If the Anzac game is given to the Crows....ongoingly ...then that could also be a reason why this decision has been made. Lets hope

Welcome to 2 months ago !!!!!!!!

Not sure why people are up in arms ? The AFL leaks like is a sieve so we already knew this months ago. I recon it came out in last August that Port were getting the first showdown at AO and we're getting an Anzac Day game in the evening (which I would rather have).

Why should it be a regular fixture for you? Fine that you get it in 2014, but it should alternate, or as an incentive, go to the team that finished higher the previous season.

Because one team has the capacity to sell out games when it's not a Showdown, and the other one doesn't. Do the Roos get to participate in the ANZAC day match at the G?

Didn't we know this already? Non event. Let's see all these PAP supporters who have been waiting for AO to fix all their ills turn up. Took the last game at AAMI for them to remove the bay covers. Talk is cheap.

Didn't we know this already? Non event. Let's see all these PAP supporters who have been waiting for AO to fix all their ills turn up. Took the last game at AAMI for them to remove the bay covers. Talk is cheap.

but typically, Crows and their fans pick up the ****ing tab.

Because after the way your club has shown no fighting spirit over the last 6 years or so, how you showed no fight in the 07 GF or against GCS and GWS it would be an insult to have you guys play on ANZAC day.
The fact that your using what happens on the football field as a comparison to what the ANZAC spirit is honored for is a disgrace.

Football should never be bigger then what the day is meant for and no football should be played that day period

I'm just collecting the names of Poort Power Posters.

We all know how this ends. Poort Power will not be able to get enough fans (bandwagon anyone) to make a profit at Adelaide Oval. In another couple of years they will be completely broke without the SANFL to bail them out (with money generated by the Crows).

The Tassie Power, has a nice ring about it.

I'm just collecting the names of Poort Power Posters.

We all know how this ends. Poort Power will not be able to get enough fans (bandwagon anyone) to make a profit at Adelaide Oval. In another couple of years they will be completely broke without the SANFL to bail them out (with money generated by the Crows).

The Tassie Power, has a nice ring about it.

Add my name pls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that I care, obviously trigg does though and so too the AFC (and Port supporters judging by thier board at the moment), its yet another loss for Triggy though, thank goodness we kept this master stroke of a CEO around for the curcial AO negotiations. Everything this guy touches turns to shit.
Wouldn't have mattered who our CEO was, all the AFL cared about was getting 2 sold out Showdowns and the only way Port could guarantee that was by adding the novelty of the first AFL match at AO into the mix, so they get it. It's about $, nothing more.

I don't care who's home game it is, as long as the Crows come out and smash 'em.

I'll say this one time only - this thread is not for Port vs Crows Bay 13 bullshit. Port fans - if you can't be respectful, don't post. Crows fans - don't jump down their throats just because they're Port supporters.

First warning will be an infraction.
I have to say, you guys have been bloody nice to me :oops:

Another slap in the face to the AFL administration for the lying and cheating over the past 3 years.

As long as Trigg and Chapman are running the club, the AFL will continue to deny is privileges and bonus based on this fact.

At the moment, we suck as a club and are majorly on the nose.

Another slap in the face to the AFL administration for the lying and cheating over the past 3 years.

As long as Trigg and Chapman are running the club, the AFL will continue to deny is privileges and bonus based on this fact.

At the moment, we suck as a club and are majorly on the nose.

This is a guess and nothing more.

This is a guess and nothing more.

Not really, check my posting history, when the Tippett stuff came out I said forget getting the first game at AO, you don't upset Demetrious little apple cart and not expect blowback.

Remove this Banner Ad

Powa get 1st Showdown at AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back