Unofficial Preview Prematch discussion/changes vs Gold Coast Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Praying Pruessy is a late in.
On another note, how do you guys see EVW's JS? Will he be given an extended run?

Thanks.

To be fair, we don't get much of a chance to see EVW's jockstrap. Or anyone else at the club's.

When you lose 3 games like we did, every little thing could have made a difference. Not having Waite for any of them, and only having an underdone Wood for the Freo game, could well have made a difference. But it is now in the past. For this match however, with so many talls forward of centre either under a cloud or unavailable, it will again make a difference. Waite could have had a field day, and if Brown is out as well, a forward line of Preuss and Wood would not be all that dangerous. Hoping that Brown is fit and close to 100%, and that midfield comes to play. It won't be pretty and won't be a smashing, but we should get over the line by about 3-4 goals.

Try Job security...?
Likely still contracted as a footballer next year. Job security excellent.

There isn't really anyone to take his spot. If he continues playing well he'll keep it.

I thought Brown's injury appeared to be just as bad as Goldy's. He seemed to need a lot of treatment and was proppy for the rest of the game after he tweaked his knee. I reckon either Goldy or Brown will be out for Preuss based on who is in worse shape come Saturday.

I thought Brown's injury appeared to be just as bad as Goldy's. He seemed to need a lot of treatment and was proppy for the rest of the game after he tweaked his knee. I reckon either Goldy or Brown will be out for Preuss based on who is in worse shape come Saturday.

Brown has played with a Injured or dodgy knee his entire career imo. I think he will be fine, but Goldy on the other hand turns into butter when is underdone

just needed to drop gibson for clarke also

You're as predictable as you are obsessed.

In fact by my reckoning, this now makes it a total of 114 times that I have found joy in your Thursday night selection pain. 114 times that I have derived amusement from your weekly whine over Gibbo's inclusion. 114 times that I have supped heartily on your delicious, salty tears.

In all that time, I don't think I've ever stopped to thank you for your total lack of footy knowledge. And dignity.

So, you know, cheers.

Anyways, I'll let you get back to it....

tumblr_lsax2rl1p91qmr448o1_r1_500.0.jpg

"Out: Gibson".

People power has spoken.

How so?

If you think the selection committee takes the slightest bit of notice of this joint, let me disavow you of that notion right away. I can state with absolute confidence that they do nothing of the kind.

Right outs, and also right time - like it or not both Swallow and LT had significant credits and it has been our way under Brad to back in our own. I'm ok with that. Culture etc etc.

Obviously things became too glaring. Doubt we'll see Spitta again, nor should we sadly. LT will kick bags until he forces his way back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brown has played with a Injured or dodgy knee his entire career imo. I think he will be fine, but Goldy on the other hand turns into butter when is underdone
We don't need to play Goldy if he's not 100% anymore like last year, Preuss could be number 1 ruck at a few teams and is definitely capable of carrying the load this week if needed.

How so?

If you think the selection committee takes the slightest bit of notice of this joint, let me disavow you of that notion right away. I can state with absolute confidence that they do nothing of the kind.
Not here specifically, would have been a lot of fans sending emails and people that spend time at the club. The sentiment would have penetrated the match selection committee some how.
Very uncharacteristic of BS selection committee to make this call.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I've never been a great fan of having 3 very tall forwards for two reasons: it seemed to encourage players to just bomb the ball in high to a pack hoping for a big mark and the lack of mobility allowed the opposition to move the ball out too easily. I would be interested to see how a forward line with Brown, Wood and Ziebell as marking targets would perform, with some aerial support from Garner

Every f***ing time.

I have want him ruthless, the ruthless he was when he smashed some of the stars of the game.
A la Barassi of old! Softly softly approach makes every one soft, nice people finish last! Broad not demanding or demanding enough! In order to suceed one needs to be constantly frustrated, is brad frustrated? Strangely, Continuous Frustration is important for continuous improvement.

How so?

Exactly. Only the mods can and should get to make those calls. It would be mayhem otherwise.

How so?

And that my learned friend is the fundamental difference between AFL and Football. In Football, the clubs listen to the fans, if the fans don't like a player or a coach they are removed.

Unfortunately, people power only works transgenitalialy on these boards.

If you still think it's ok that Gibson is playing ahead of Clarke or Mountford, then despite being one of the great wordsmiths on this board, you're cooked. Mentally, physically shot and you should go and have a lie down and when you wake up, have a good hard look at yourself.

I noticed he was the 22nd man named, surely this gives us ALL hope that the end is nigh.

Anyway, as good as the changes are, we're still a bloody tall forward short.

I'd have played Souva this week if no one else is fit.

Hopefully we see ROobbie go forward this week and give him a mental spell. Let Hansen and Thompson battle it out against 2MP and Lynch, whoever looks out of their depth gets dropped for Durdin ASAP. Durdin would be a better match up for 2MP than anyone we have and he could have also pushed forward and converted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Prematch discussion/changes vs Gold Coast Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back