Unofficial Preview Prematch discussion/changes vs Gold Coast Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to get much ball as a key forward when ball movement is as putrid as the Bs has been. In the highlights package there were multiple examples of him smashing packs and providing pressure around the ball which is something we're desperately lacking at the moment. Needs to come straight in.

He's also a genuine ruckman so Brown won't have to ruck.

I wouldn't mind seeing a combo of Preuss & Majak. Reckon it would work a lot better then Preuss & Goldy

Garner has been pushing up a lot more in the past two games and is upping his disposal count. Simpkin as well to a lesser extent is getting further up the ground.
Flexibility is important and it is something we are lacking but doing what you're supposed to do in the side is the most important thing for a player and dropping Turner, our second leading goal scorer and equal best pressure forward would set a terrible example.
I'd happily take out Simpkin, but candy is tasty.

I've got a bad feeling about injuries this week, so with that in mind.........

OUT : Goldy, BBB, Captain Zeibs, LT.

IN : Pruess, Daw/Larkey/McKay, Higgo/Clarke/Ando, Wags

Let me explain, Pruess for Goldy is a no brainer if injured. The next one is a bit more difficult, Maj for me seems underdone however my other options are young and will need more time in the VFL. Clarke or Ando are the obvious choices should captain courageous be sidelined, unfortunately Higgo is right so that would be a strait swap ( sorry, they just wont drop Swallow..... it's just not going to happen). LT needs a rest in the 2's to get his mojo back this is where Wags comes in, would fit nicely on a wing too (for experience).

I've got a bad feeling about injuries this week, so with that in mind.........

OUT : Goldy, BBB, Captain Zeibs, LT.

IN : Pruess, Daw/Larkey/McKay, Higgo/Clarke/Ando, Wags

Let me explain, Pruess for Goldy is a no brainer if injured. The next one is a bit more difficult, Maj for me seems underdone however my other options are young and will need more time in the VFL. Clarke or Ando are the obvious choices should captain courageous be sidelined, unfortunately Higgo is right so that would be a strait swap ( sorry, they just wont drop Swallow..... it's just not going to happen). LT needs a rest in the 2's to get his mojo back this is where Wags comes in, would fit nicely on a wing too (for experience).

Goldy and Brown look sore - and if not 100% we have Preuss and Daw as you point out. LT has to be dropped. Whether Swallow stays may depend on the fitness of Ziebell and Higgins.

Will Brad have the courage to make big changes, or will it be more of the same predictable selections. At this stage I honestly CBF going to the game on Saturday night, which is a poor reflection on where we are (and my bad mood as well). I hope to regain my enthusiasm when I see the team selection.

Goldy and Brown look sore - and if not 100% we have Preuss and Daw as you point out. LT has to be dropped. Whether Swallow stays may depend on the fitness of Ziebell and Higgins.

Will Brad have the courage to make big changes, or will it be more of the same predictable selections. At this stage I honestly CBF going to the game on Saturday night, which is a poor reflection on where we are (and my bad mood as well). I hope to regain my enthusiasm when I see the team selection.

Did you hear the presser? Brad clearly states if they came back onto play then they're all good to go next week. Goldy, zeibel or even brown even if playing with one leg will still be expected to play

Goldy has been injured for ages now. Needs surgery or a very extended break. I've been saying this since August last year though lol

I'll be going. Hopefully less pr shit than normal just because hopefully someone at the club has realised that it's dumb.

Changes:
Out: swallow, thomas, pr bullshit, the pre-match song with the drums
In: clarke, anderson, cheaper meat pies, normal song style

All of you should be going to this game.

Us NMFC people needed to put up up with Freo people out of Subi, and it wasn't pretty.

We have a good chance to win this week, and have been playing well, apart from the last quarter. What I would give to be with fellow North supporters whether we won or lost. At least you won't be alone if we win or lose.

Btw, North by 30 points, after being in front by 50 at 3 quarter time.

All of you should be going to this game.

Us NMFC people needed to put up up with Freo people out of Subi, and it wasn't pretty.

We have a good chance to win this week, and have been playing well, apart from the last quarter. What I would give to be with fellow North supporters whether we won or lost. At least you won't be alone if we win or lose.

Btw, North by 30 points, after being in front by 50 at 3 quarter time.
Why aren't you going?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you hear the presser? Brad clearly states if they came back onto play then they're all good to go next week. Goldy, zeibel or even brown even if playing with one leg will still be expected to play

Goldy has been injured for ages now. Needs surgery or a very extended break. I've been saying this since August last year though lol

If Higgins said he wasn't sure his leg would hold up and Scotts listened then he'd probably take a little more care of those guys as well.

Stop taking media conferences as personal messages to supporters and see them for what they are, giving as little as possible away to a bunch of pricks in the media who never give us any support anyway.

If I get my replacement plane tickets from the recent cyclone by the weekend i'll be there, otherwise no chance.

But i might send some non members my details if they're willing to go. If no one in RL puts their hand up I might mention it here. i think its important that people show up this week.

If Higgins said he wasn't sure his leg would hold up and Scotts listened then he'd probably take a little more care of those guys as well.

Stop taking media conferences as personal messages to supporters and see them for what they are, giving as little as possible away to a bunch of pricks in the media who never give us any support anyway.

Finally someone gets it

Is anyone else nervous about this game? I am.

Gold Coast are a complete confidence side. If they don't have any, they get thrashed. If they get some, everything seems to click and they suddenly look brilliant. They have A...A...Ab...I'm like Fonzie apologising, I can't say his name without getting night terrors - anyway the bald guy playing average footy for him/damn good footy for everyone else, David Swallow back on the park (gee they've missed him), the best contested mark in the game up forward and are generally capable everywhere else when they believe in themselves.

They also have a nasty habit of making us our bunnies.

Whereas with us, I'm nervous that all the effort and intensity that has gone into so many tough, close losses becomes like inflating a balloon to the point where it doesn't need much to burst.

Of course, for all I know we'll kick the first 8 goals of the match and win by 60.

personally i want to see us running out games, are we really so much less fit than oppositions? is it we are burning more tickets after turnovers and the like? is it a mental thing,

I genuinely have no idea what the reasons are.
Yep - very close to the $64 question for mine.

3 kids and I live in Perth
And ditto here mate. Totally with you on leaving the ground amidst the rampant Freo supporters. (Although the four of us took a good 15 minutes staring into space from our seats behind the goals at the City End to compose ourselves before we even got up and had the energy to walk out.)

Personally, though, I'd take Freo supporters over Eagles supporters any day of the week. By a fairly significant margin.

We have lost the last three against these guys.

Up against it.

Correction: We beat them last season. It was the three before that.
One of them was a real fair dinkum shocker when it rained and rained all night up there, from memory.

One of them was a real fair dinkum shocker when it rained and rained all night up there, from memory.

The game where LT ran into the goal square and hit the post from point blank range.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Prematch discussion/changes vs Gold Coast Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back