Preview R13 - Carlton vs Sydney - 2:10PM Sunday June 19th @ Etihad Stadium *Final Team - Post #370

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: R13 - Carlton Blues vs. Sydney Swans - 2:10PM Sunday June 19th @ Etihad Stadium *Squad - Post #2

Hmm...

I hate this sub rule at times. Bower played a quarter which has now pushed his fitness back another week and is now further away from a senior call up after being dropped.

The one thing I guess is that Sydney don't have many tall forwards but we could be stretched if they play Goodes, Reid, Mumford/Seaby at once.

I think Bower was only brought in because Ratts probably wanted to give Jamo some rest for one quarter and needed someone to play key back because Thornton obviously can't do it. This week should be his last chance.

Re: R13 - Carlton Blues vs. Sydney Swans - 2:10PM Sunday June 19th @ Etihad Stadium *Squad - Post #2

I think Bower was only brought in because Ratts probably wanted to give Jamo some rest for one quarter and needed someone to play key back because Thornton obviously can't do it. This week should be his last chance.
crazy talk is crazy

I'd pass on the source mate...he's clearly havin a lend.

Was pretty reliable last year, plus had a few others sharing info.

Don't seem to have any accurate sources on a frequent basis this year.

Great to see Hoops back.:thumbsu:
Pauly is stiff though.:thumbsdown:

Why?

He was only in the side as cover for Jamo as he has history on Brown and they new that Brown is still under done...

Bower is still to show something at the Ants...

Good to see him back as he gives us real depth in the running HB position...

I still have Laids ahead of him though!

Jeez, if Houlihan can find some form then it becomes really hard for the guys pushing for a spot.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. We have the best depth in the competition.

Not the same beast.

Only 3-4cm height difference between them, but the strength factor is the highlighted point.
Laidler is not CHB. Bower is.

Yes, just a little disappointed for Emu, but he'll be back for our sake.

Even Ratts says he is a good 3rd up player... Not a CHB.

Our CHB is nearly ready!:thumbsu:

Give Bower the Power some time...he'll come good.

Awesome to see Hoops back!

By the way, all the best for Houlihan tomorrow.
He deserves it.

Aside:
34 players played so far this year.
That's not ideal under normal circumstances yet here it is moreso a testament to our depth.
It doesn't look likely that we'll clock over any more this year, which should now hold us in good stead.

Aussie only needs to have a good game on the weekend and he will almost certainly come in...

Its live tomorrow on ABC TV so you might want to have a look!

By the way, all the best for Houlihan tomorrow.
He deserves it.

Aside:
34 players played so far this year.
That's not ideal under normal circumstances yet here it is moreso a testament to our depth.
It doesn't look likely that we'll clock over any more this year, which should now hold us in good stead.

Aside 2:
Very clever with the Touheasy, Zee.
Very clever.

The cats have used the most players in the competition. Only 4'cats have played every game. It is extremely ideal to rotate your players these days, gives certain players a rest, and ensures your team peaks in the finals instead of round 15:thumbsu:

Nice to see Houlihan get a run. :thumbsu:

Be close, but we'll still win.

Baggers by 2 goals.

Would happily take a 2 goal win but I think we are travelling very well and not convinced the Swans are. They only just beat 2 ordinary sides in Rich and Nth and havent beaten anyone of gravity with the exception of perhaps West Coast and the jury is still out on them too.

So would take any win but would not be surprised to see the game well over half way through the 3rd and a 40 point coast to the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OR Thornton and Jammo were the two KPDs, you know the ones that play at FB and CHB generally and in order to give Jammo a rest you need a third tall, hence Bowser as the Sub. ..

The Australia Network is showing the game and is on in almost all Asian countries. I am in Bali at the moment and will be cheering from my Villa :)
Ban this clown
we don't need any gloaters around here
Seeya Chappelle

ooo, getting shivers in anticipation for this game. Great to see we're in a position to get some game time into Hoops and more into Touhy, and give Garlett a chance to play back into form... *ducking for cover*

Calling it now. The Houlihan Henderson combination will combine for 5 goals, 4 of which will be Henderson's.

Id call it the other way around. No way henderson outscores houlihan if they both play forward. Houlihan far better at finding the footy.

That said, if my theory about henderson playing better without waite up forward is to hold true, he might have a blinder.

Would have preffered to see Ryan force his way bac in. Whilst he was one of the better Bullant players last week he still didn't set the world on fire.

Have you not seen the Bullants last four weeks?

I think if there is a player that has forced their way in its Hoops...

Have you not seen the Bullants last four weeks?

I think if there is a player that has forced their way in its Hoops...
he did a few good passes but who does he force out that is not delivering a more complete game?

ooo, getting shivers in anticipation for this game. Great to see we're in a position to get some game time into Hoops and more into Touhy, and give Garlett a chance to play back into form... *ducking for cover*

:D We have been playing Judd and Murph back into form all year. Hope they have a Jeffy size slump in the second half of the season tho :D

:D We have been playing Judd and Murph back into form all year. Hope they have a Jeffy size slump in the second half of the season tho :D
Ha. Followed that little conversation earlier with some interest. Not sure how a couple of handling errors constitute a "shocker" and form slump. Hard to find fault with anyone in the team atm. Go Blues! :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R13 - Carlton vs Sydney - 2:10PM Sunday June 19th @ Etihad Stadium *Final Team - Post #370

Remove this Banner Ad

Back