Review R13: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Richmond Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

There's 23 in a team now, need another 16 to stand up. Gone pear shaped very quickly, Tex outstanding 2023, playing Norf and WC four times last year flattered where we really were.

Are we still going to be saying our next two R1 picks are up for grabs if we can get the right players in to "finish" the rebuild. So much nonsensical comes out of the mouths of our administration and footy bosses.

Even possible come homers are saying no to us.
Not to worry.

Elliott Yeo will save us.

Possibly the dumbest thing I've ever seen on a football field - Murphy making a ridiculously poor attempt to take mark of the year on the wing when the opposition has a four goal run on. Very lucky Richmond botched the resultant shot on goal. I don't think I've ever seen a player with less match awareness than that moment.

Has to be delisted just for that. I'd rather keep Ned on the list for another 5 years than give Murphy one more match.
They both need to be delisted...

Anyone notice when Murphy tried to slow tempo when we were multiple goals down in the last quarter. Wtf was that about
This has been a consistent problem with the way the Crows have been coached. Players rarely know when its time to pull the trigger and when its time to slow the game down. Our record in close games is abysmal thanks to this.

I'll never forget during the Carlton game when Milera was in the 5AA box with Rowe and at a crucial moment where we needed to maintain possession and kill 15 seconds Rowe cried out for the player to hit an open target while Milera was yelling for the Crows player to just kick it down the line, giving Carlton a chance to turn it over and score.

Our players are coached abysmally for crucial moments. Whether they have the quality of execution is another matter, but the coaching needs to be addressed first because otherwise you end up with class players being coached the wrong way, turning them into shells of their former self.

Dowling was great and needs to remain on the team for the rest on the season. That goal he kicked was amazing but then he had another chance but the pressure of the occasion got to him. Even I knew at the time. I think he can be a 300 game player in the AFL if things work out well for him. It depends.

We played panic football, the dropped marks, the ugly turnovers and more.

Dowling was great and needs to remain on the team for the rest on the season. That goal he kicked was amazing but then he had another chance but the pressure of the occasion got to him. Even I knew at the time. I think he can be a 300 game player in the AFL if things work out well for him. It depends.

We played panic football, the dropped marks, the ugly turnovers and more.
Don't blame him for missing his second chance at goal. First game, high pressure to turn the score around, being rushed due to minimal time on the clock

Or how far Rowie backpedals
He won't, went as hard pre game with Kelly as he went post game. Was pissed off with selection on Wednesday too, the guy is fed up. I've never heard him start mentioning names directly and going with stuff like Vozzo not coming because Roo said no, he is unhinged right now and it's great!

Anyone notice when Murphy tried to slow tempo when we were multiple goals down in the last quarter. Wtf was that about
Had quite the game

Flying for Cappers
Dropping sodas
Gifted a goal with the softest ever free after completely misjudging the flight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 minutes to go, 2 goals to win. Check out the performances from our 2 senior players.

Laird goes to ground after a feather touch then stays on the ground like he's been shot as the ball literally passes over his limp body. The inexperience of Borlase and Max almost get us out of trouble, until Max's handball falls a centimetre short. If you pause the video with the ball in transit, Smith is actually set in a good enough spot to take the handball before he bricks himself. He had Soligo on in the middle, or even just put his head over it and ride the tackle. Ball up on our 50. Instead of tries to kick it through a wall of defenders.

These are our senior players. Week after week.

Last edited:
Possibly the dumbest thing I've ever seen on a football field - Murphy making a ridiculously poor attempt to take mark of the year on the wing when the opposition has a four goal run on. Very lucky Richmond botched the resultant shot on goal. I don't think I've ever seen a player with less match awareness than that moment.

Has to be delisted just for that. I'd rather keep Ned on the list for another 5 years than give Murphy one more match.

I can't agree with this enough. Old school coach would of dragged him and given him a rocket. For me it was the most infuriating thing of the night until his other pathetic attemlt to mark. He had an absolute stinker.

We also lack hunger. We're not a football club, Nix is a social worker, not a coach.
He is like a relief teacher at school.

It's all fun and games and laughter but then the exam comes along and you are ****ed.

5 minutes to go, 2 goals to win. Check out the performances from our 2 senior players.

Laird goes to ground after a feather touch then stays on the ground like he's been shot as the ball literally passes over his limp body. The inexperience of Borlase and Max almost get us out of trouble, until Max's handball falls a centimetre short. If you pause the video with the ball in transit, Smith is actually set in a good enough spot to take the handball before he bricks himself. He had Soligo on in the middle, or even just put his head over it and ride the tackle. Ball up on our 50. Instead of tries to kick it through a wall of defenders.

Jesus what is Laird doing hahaha. **** sake

That effort by Smith is disgusting, he was able to take possession, the ball wasn't going along the ground.

Should never play for us again, he's shown over and over again he is long past it.

This is the type of player Nicks selects week after week, this is why we lose our shit every selection night. This is the type of actions on field why our record in close games is abysmal - most of our senior players are pathetic under pressure.

If it wasn't so infuriating it would be comical -Laird - the Richmond player stepping over him and he plays dead WTF and then Smith does probably the worst thing he can think of doing… and nails it

I can't wait to see how WaynesWorld19 defends Nicks on this one.
LOL .....today is not the day for rationale analysis ....we'll let the posters get the venting off their chest

Besides, no one's in the mood to listen

I mentioned Borlase earlier as a good, but just wanted to highlight how strong his game was.

13 disposals, 6 marks (2 contested, 2 I50), 8 score involvements, 1.1, 4 tackles and even a clearance! Hit that first marking contest like a key forward that’s played there for a decade.

That’s a genuinely good game from any key forward, let alone a guy playing for the first time there. After his best game as a KPD last week, he then has a very good performance as a KPF the following week. Also didn’t mind his ruck work.

Could we turn him into our version of Blicavs? Certainly don’t see the need to retain Burgess.

That effort by Smith is disgusting, he was able to take possession, the ball wasn't going along the ground.

Should never play for us again, he's shown over and over again he is long past it.

This is the type of player Nicks selects week after week, this is why we lose our shit every selection night. This is the type of actions on field why our record in close games is abysmal - most of our senior players are pathetic under pressure.
Even if he wanted to do a soft effort he could've slapped it to Soligo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R13: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Richmond Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back