Review R14: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

The Presser:
Maffew "I thought the boys tried all night, Sydney are a good side, there is a reason they are on top of the ladder".

Reporter "But last week you lost to a side that had only won game for the season".

Maffew "Yes, but as I said before that game Richmond were in good form"

Last edited:
You chuckle-heads can rant and rave all you want.

The patch where we lost was the Papley sliding duck that resulted in a free.... then the bs free which caused Hinge to snap and the resulting goal is where we lost it.

After those moments nothing that happened was work a squeak of piss to analyse.

1st half there was a lot to like. After that snafu nothing actually mattered.

Sick of everyone talking up Burgess. Are we unfit of lazy?? Sydney always had free players all over the ground. Our work rate is pathetic and let’s not talk about The ruck. We have got so many non afl standard players it’s not funny.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Leave Chris Burgess out of this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another poor game by Riley Knight, Harrison Wigg, Jordan Gallucci, Myles Poholke, Andrew McPherson, Chayce Jones, Ned McHenry and Fischer McAsey.

Luckily though Ben Brown, Caleb Daniel, Jarrod Berry, Jack Graham, Charlie Ballard, Zak Butters, James Rowbottom and Caleb Serong wouldn't have helped....

Last edited:
Good: Michalanney did a pretty good job on Warner. Sydney not taking the foot off the throat makes us look worse, which is a positive. Murray was alright in his first game back, and neither him nor Rankine got injured. Fogarty is continuing to play more aggressively, which we've all wanted for a while. Hinge and Hamill did a decent job on the smalls.

Bad: The defending for Heeney's third quarter goal was horrific. Ditto for Amartey's 6th. Keane had a mare, just in general. Butts got outbodied by a significantly smaller Jake Lloyd at one point.

Ugly: The usual catchphrases will be used, and nothing will be learnt. The commentary was disgracefully inept. The midfield got eviscerated. Conceding 10 straight goals is appalling, irrespective of the opponent.

The patch where we lost was the Papley sliding duck that resulted in a free.... then the bs free which caused Hinge to snap and the resulting goal is where we lost it.

You don't lose a game by 42 points off one incident

There was a lot to like but lets not hide from facts, we bricked it.

Cool story bro.

If Sydney are so good and we are so crap why'd they need a massive ride from the umps to get back into the game?

Early in third quarter I reckon free kick was about 18 to 11 our way, by the end I reckon it was about 20 each.

Why when we have a bad free kick count against us do we not get the evening up free kicks.

We might be bad but this league (and the SANFL) and its officiating is utter BS

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R14: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back