Preview R17: Changes vs. Brisbane: Back to the Future

Will Lachlan Murphy be dropped after half his disposals were turnovers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

His 2nd half was what is expected of AFL ruckman, his 1st half was the same putrid ROB.
For most of this season we've been short/inexperienced and/or out of form down back and often down on form up forward, so ROB has pushed back and forward to help out. As a result he's driven himself too fatigued and so he's often so fatigued he stuffs up marks or does crap in the ruck.

Last night I'm pretty sure he was doing the same early on and then I think someone mustve told him that we had enough height up forward and down back and that it was in good enough form he didn't have to worry so much about heading into those zones. That left him to loiter around the middle a bit more, stay a bit fresher, clunk a few marks and hold a reasonable opponent in the ruck. He still let Briggs get a few marks that he shouldn't have but overall it was a better performance.

Yeah, I know Mutineer, you still think ROB is awesome.

Sorry to break it you, he's not & he's not the future.

Notice the different impact of taps to advantage of the different ruckmen last night...

Big thumbs down incoming.
That's got nothing to do with it dopey.

Outside of Rankine and Dawson Thilthorpe is our most valuable assett and he was drafted as a KPF and far to valuable to be getting knocked around in the ruck.

That's got nothing to do with it dopey.

Outside of Rankine and Dawson Thilthorpe is our most valuable assett and he was drafted as a KPF and far to valuable to be getting knocked around in the ruck.
The future should be our priority imo.

I'm suggesting Himmelberg lead or rucks as better around the ground.

Thilthorpe fine doing 30% of ruck duties.

We need a different look.

I know you won't agree, but our midfield has not been connecting with ROB & he offers little around the ground.

I know you won't agree, but our midfield has not been connecting with ROB & he offers little around the ground.
Himmelberg would be even less competitive than Strachan as a full time or even 70% AFL level ruck. The reality is ROB is our best ruck option until we can secure someone better, that's not even debateable.

Himmelberg would be even less competitive than Strachan as a full time or even 70% AFL level ruck. The reality is ROB is our best ruck option until we can secure someone better, that's not even debateable.
We already know ROB & we know he isn't the future. It's IRRELEVANT if he is currently our best option.

The rest of this season should be about learning more about our squad.

We have not even tried the Himmelberg & Thilthorpe combo, despite the fact you have made your own mind up without giving them a fair crack.

I'm a big believer that rucking is more than just getting so called taps to advantage. ROB's taps to advantage don't convert to midfield take aways like the best ruckmen.

The future should be our priority imo.

Connected pretty well last night up against one of the strongest midfields in the AFL Keiran Briggs, Tom Green, Josh Kelly, Stephen Coniglio etc Won clearances 44 - 36, Centre Clearances 13 - 12, Stoppage clearances 31 -24.

Connected pretty well last night up against one of the strongest midfields in the AFL Tom Gree, Josh Kelly, Stephen Coniglio etc Won clearances 44 - 36, Centre Clearances 13 - 12, Stoppage clearances 31 -24.
How about the rest of the season?

Why was ROB ranked the 2nd ruckman last night on the field?

Hmmm...

You are still missing the point we need to be looking to the future & try different options as ROB is NOT the future.

ROB's garbage mate, even you will admit that
No I won't, he's not garbage, he's a competitive AFL ruck currently the only one on our list, not the best, but certainly not the worst in the AFL. Anyone suggesting Himmelberg should lead our ruck is smoking some really strong shit....the same Himmelberg that gets rubbished relentlessly by posters, the same Himmelberg that will likely be gone at season's end if GWS are still have any interest.

Last edited:
No I won't, he's not garbage, he's a competitive AFL ruck currently the only one on our list, not the best, but certainly the worst in the AFL. Anyone suggesting Himmelberg should lead our ruck is smoking some really strong shit....the same Himmelberg that gets rubbished relentlessly by posters, the same Himmelberg that will likely be gone at season's end if GWS are still have any interest.
So how many games has Himmelberg led our rucks?

Let's keep sticking to a proven failed strategy lol & learn nothing for the remainder of the year.

No I won't, he's not garbage, he's a competitive AFL ruck currently the only one on our list, not the best, but certainly the worst in the AFL. Anyone suggesting Himmelberg should lead our ruck is smoking some really strong shit....the same Himmelberg that gets rubbished relentlessly by posters, the same Himmelberg that will likely be gone at season's end if GWS are still have any interest.

ROB can barely mark, is slow, cannot kick.... What AFL attributes does he have other than being 200cm+?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So how many games has Himmelberg led our rucks?

Let's keep sticking to a proven failed strategy lol & learn nothing for the remainder of the year.
Are you really seriously suggesting Himmelberg should be our lead ruck for the rest of the year, a KPF who more than likely will be gone season's end? At least we could try another KPF Toby Murray who will be here for certain next season.

Are you really seriously suggesting Himmelberg should be our lead ruck for the rest of the year, AKPF who more than likely will be gone season's end? At least we could try another KPF Toby Murray who will be here for certain next season.
I'm seriously suggesting we already know what we have for ROB & he won't ever be better than average... & he will be in Melbourne next year. He is NOT the future.

We need to use the rest of the season to learn more about Himmelberg, Thilthorpe & T Murray.

I have already suggested playing all 3 next week against the Lions.

We learn nothing by playing ROB.

I'm seriously suggesting we already know what we have for ROB & he won't ever be better than average... & he will be in Melbourne next year. He is NOT the future.

We need to use the rest of the season to learn more about Himmelberg, Thilthorpe & T Murray.

I have already suggested playing all 3 next week against the Lions.

We learn nothing by playing ROB.

"It's not the case at all. It's the first I've heard of that," O'Brien said. "I love being here. I love the club and the city. I'm certainly not (looking to move). Hopefully, I'm back in (the team) and playing good footy for years to come at the Crows. That's certainly the plan

Will never happen because Nicks is a moron but should be Butts, Murphy and Hberg our for Curtin, Taylor and TT in with Peds or Jones as sub.
Butts ain’t going anywhere. Rarely gets goals kicked on him, has lost only 9 contests the entire season. He’s a rock.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R17: Changes vs. Brisbane: Back to the Future

Back