Preview R18: Changes vs. St. Kilda

Who do you think will replace Rankine in the 22 this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

How about the fact that everyone except the happy clappers realise it's not that "Nicks plays a kid", it's the fact that he only does when there's injuries to his senior players and not when the senior players should be dropped for continuous poor form?

How about we realise we don’t have anywhere near enough senior players
Walker Laird Smith (recently dropped), Crouch out injured, Dawson

Second tier O’Brien(recently dropped and we saw why he generally gets picked), Keays, Murphy and probably Fog

So this dropping senior players really comes down to Smith - who was dropped - and Murphy who hasn’t been

Lots of posts complaining essentially about 1 player - and the 3 we all would like to see get in the senior side (Curtin, Edwards and Ryan) wouldn’t play the role anyway

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pedlar on Stewart, Keys on Saad and many others.

Fail, Pass (early last year tho), others ?????

Anderson/Flanders 35 disposals
Nick Daicos 41 disposals
Dylan Moore 5 goals
Neale/Dunkley 21 disposals/23 disposals first half only
Errol Guiden 35 disposals

We have our own stat padder, Laird, who just isn’t considered by the opposition because he has **** all hurt factor.

Last edited:
I think he was proposing the opposite
Nah he’s saying trade our first into this year and get collingwoods 2025 1st pick for Keane and keep that.
I’m suggesting trade collingwoods 2025 1st and keep our 2025 1st as imo it will be a better pick than collingwoods.

Fail, Pass (early last year tho), others ?????

Anderson/Flanders 35 disposals
Nick Daicos 41 disposals
Dylan Moore 5 goals
Neale/Dunkley 21 disposals/23 disposals first half only
Errol Guiden 35 disposals

We have our own stat padder, Laird, who just isn’t considered by the opposition because he has **** all hurt factor.
You said he hadn’t considered matchup selections before where clearly had. Whether they were successful or not is another thing.

How about we realise we don’t have anywhere near enough senior players
Walker Laird Smith (recently dropped), Crouch out injured, Dawson

Second tier O’Brien(recently dropped and we saw why he generally gets picked), Keays, Murphy and probably Fog

So this dropping senior players really comes down to Smith - who was dropped - and Murphy who hasn’t been

Lots of posts complaining essentially about 1 player - and the 3 we all would like to see get in the senior side (Curtin, Edwards and Ryan) wouldn’t play the role anyway

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I actually think Laird is becoming a bigger problem than Smith.

Nicks bangs on about values but the way Laird is playing completely goes against that. Cracking the shits at team mates, selling team mates into trouble to get a cheap stat (see the fumble and shit handball that started the rot against Sydney) and his refusal to be accountable (which when you are matched up against the opposition's best or second best player every week is a major problem). Smith meanwhile is trying to do the right thing, but is just cooked.

There's a reason Laird has never been a part of the leadership group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nicks bangs on about values but the way Laird is playing completely goes against that. Cracking the shits at team mates, selling team mates into trouble to get a cheap stat (see the fumble and shit handball that started the rot against Sydney) and his refusal to be accountable (which when you are matched up against the opposition's best or second best player every week is a major problem). Smith meanwhile is trying to do the right thing, but is just cooked.

We should seriously consider moving Laird on. We have Crouch & would prefer to keep Berry around, but can't play them all in the same side.

We need to be making decisions for the future... which includes not playing Smith too.

Four match ban upheld for Rankine

15 minutes. We paid $10k and flew a bunch of people over to be granted enough time for opening remarks and a few minutes of laughter, I mean deliberation. I know there's a component of sticking up for the player, but gee, you don't want to have it destroy your veneer of competence.

It's a fair argument though. Given the huge step up from SANFL to AFL, defenders should be able to nullify their opponent and accumulate possessions.

It's not a fair argument, it's just a mistaken belief that the only stat which counts is accumulating disposals rather than actually impacting a game.

I'm frankly concerned about a lot of our 'experience' and what they're trying to teach. Soligo in particular seems to be constantly getting bakes by them. He's currently our best midfielder not named Dawson or Rankine. He's dynamic and moves the ball. Why do we want Laird teaching him how to handball a metre to him standing flat footed?

These guys are playing a selfish ineffective accumulation game. What are they teaching him, what habits are they trying to develop? Why would we want those developing? These are largely midfielders etc that have never actually been present for success in the role.

Our club significantly overweighs tenure in deciding seniority, rather than performance.

15 minutes. We paid $10k and flew a bunch of people over to be granted enough time for opening remarks and a few minutes of laughter, I mean deliberation. I know there's a component of sticking up for the player, but gee, you don't want to have it destroy your veneer of competence.
I think it's a bit too late for that, we lost that years ago
Challenging on the basis on it not being intentional was never going to change the verdict

Not sure what is a reason to go to the game given Izak isn’t playing?

No doubt he puts bums on seats.
I am going Saturday to see the younger players play primarily. Max, Soligo, Dowling, Taylor, Bond etc. This season to me has long since been about finals but is now all about development

I also hope they see sense and bring in Curtin this week. No more SANFL for him please.

We should seriously consider moving Laird on. We have Crouch & would prefer to keep Berry around, but can't play them all in the same side.

We need to be making decisions for the future... which includes not playing Smith too.

Why would he even look at going anywhere else?

Nicks loves him, he sees Lairdy as the exemplar.

Would take a Blight level clean out to move Laird on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R18: Changes vs. St. Kilda

Back