Review R18: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. St. Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Midfield is in huge trouble. Need an elite small forward and ruck. Some of the kids are okay. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves please.
Midfield looks miles better with dowling and Taylor in it. Plus rankine to come back

Taylor does things in the heat of the contest that just let you know he’s gonna be a player. He’s like the Anti Laird, doesn’t just whack it on the boot in panic but takes an extra second to try and get it to a player on the outside in a better position. One of those players that seem to have that extra second in the contest. Must play every game from here on out.
Absolutely this. The young guys are so much more creative with their handballs. They take their time to choose the best option instead of just handballing to the nearest option, who is quite often stationary or under pressure themselves.

Sholl was very close to BOG, probably his best overall game at AFL level. Clean, hits the scoreboard and hard in the contest.

He’s a must keep, genuine wingers that can hit the sideboard frequently are gold.
Definitely one of his very best games and noticeably he actually stuck some tackles which rounded out his game nicely. No problems keeping him if was consistently close to that level and not a defensive liability one on one.

Midfield is in huge trouble. Need an elite small forward and ruck. Some of the kids are okay. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves please.
Midfield’s fine, we need to draft one with our top pick this year but otherwise we’ve got some core talent already on the list (Dawson, Soligo, Taylor, Rankine, hopefully Curtin)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sholl was very close to BOG, probably his best overall game at AFL level. Clean, hits the scoreboard and hard in the contest.

He’s a must keep, genuine wingers that can hit the sideboard frequently are gold.

I just need to give some love to your recent profile pic change. The nice kid transformed into a big wild beast and came back stronger than ever!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Or we trade the older Laird.
Laird midfield minute will be taken by M.Crouch next year, Nicks eventually tried to split between them this year but M.Crouch can't play anywhere else and has been in much better form in the midfield than Laird so he ended up moving Laird to HB before M.Crouch got injured.

For anyone who’s good at that sort of stuff- can we pretty please get a highlights reel of Filthy’s quarter? Made my hair stand on end and gave me the goosebumps more than once. For what’s been a major disappointment of a season so far, those 25 or so minutes were a shining highlight.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I posted this in the game day thread:
Did anyone notice poor Thilthorpe after the game? He missed the song! A trainer was having him run laps along the field, something about de-loading? I'm not sure.... Maybe because he was a sub and didn't play for long.

We were watching him, and the crowd that was left sang the song whilst he was standing by himself aww. He raised his hands to get us to sing louder lol.
And on one end the crowd was calling THILLLLLTHORRRRPE 🤣 and when he was running closer to the cheer squad they were cheering loud for him haha. Finally he got to go in after what seemed like ages!

What was the reason he was doing that? The de-loading thing was what my partner said but he isn't sure either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R18: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. St. Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back