Review R19: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

How good was that kickout from hinge to butts back to hinge to fog who cuts inboard through 3 defenders and slots it from 50.
Tbh not sure how it worked. I mean surely the better strategy is for Smith to kick out but only after waving his arms for everyone to go to the side of the oval he is kicking. Wait for every player to get set and then kick it to a 3 on 1.

Hopefully Hinge will be reminded of the team strategy and ensure that never happens again.

Ugly: The umpiring was ATROCIOUS. The amount of times our talls did the body work early only to get pulled or arm chopped. Happened 3-4 times in the last quarter alone. The commentators were f*ckwits as well.
The Crows forwards engage their defender. Umpires unlikely to give a free in that circumstance.

As has become traditional, the Crows got a good win when I was unable to watch it. I swear to God the club should pay me $500k a year to just not watch the games then we'll win a flag.

Anybody got a link to somewhere that I can see it? 😕

Not a big Nicks fan or hater but credit for shuffling the back line and putting Keays in the centre in the last (not sure if he’s attended a centre bounce at all this year up until now). Maybe forced with Dawson off, but still….. could have gone with Murphy and didnt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good
Keays - Incredible. Moving him midfield was the right call, Soligo, Taylor and Berry all tired in the 2nd half.
Fog - Unbelievable. Put himself in the hole every time, good in transition as well. Best game for the club.
Taylor's first half, very good clearance mid. Needs a big offseason to build the tank.
Dowling going well on the wing, still think he should be used inside a bit. Great composure with the game on the line
Defense held up at the end, defended the high balls well.
Grit being 3 down on the bench

Bad
Umpiring lol. They ignored about 10 frees in our F50 and gave Essendon every single one. Thilt especially.
3rd Q
Rash needs to iron out these lazy efforts. Very fixable.
RoB is a tough watch, too many hittouts go to the opp.
Murphy on Martin was dumb, what was Nicks thinking. Playing him is bad enough.

Ugly
Injuries

Last edited:
That is the Fog game we have all been wanting since we drafted him. That was a grown up player’s game. First time I have felt not so worried about Tex retiring.
The forward play was great, did get into a few wrestles....

But the goal he set up with the burst of speed from the wing

"Chef's Kiss".....

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good: Keays, Fog, winning a close game for a change.

Bad: Umpiring & commentators both obviously wanted Essendon to win.

Ugly: Injuries, Muzz’s injury in particular ☹️, the fact that we had to rely on the other team stuffing up to win a close game, Laird and Smith defensive efforts / disposal quality.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R19: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back