Preview R20: Changes vs. Hawthorn

Will Daniel Curtin come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be angry if they rush Crouch straight back off not playing for 7 weeks instead of giving Curtin a run

The timing of Crouch's return - right when all our senior players are under injury clouds - from what was previously a season ending injury is certainly suspicious
That was never happening unless a bout of dysentry went through the whole squad.

Murphy named on field but Rachele, Taylor, Cook, all on the extended Bench pisses me off.

Murphy seriously has to have perfected the reach around.

He is the least irreplaceable player in the side. Dowling could have come in for him round 1 and wed be a better team instantly. He is a rock that is keeping us down. Selection has to be better. The sooner he isnt in the side the better it is.

Curtin has to be an in. Then Taylor, Rachele and Worrell are the others with cook as sub.

They won't not want Worrell in incaee the hawks talls get a hold of Keane or Borlase. Curtin will just be an in after the cmments by Nicks. Walker in means himmelberg will go out and smith may be carrying an injury. Thats my rationale anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ADELAIDE

In:
C.Jones, J.Borlase, T.Walker, D.Curtin, J.Worrell, N.McHenry
Out: N.Murray (knee), J.Butts (foot), J.Dawson (concussion)

Last week's sub: Brayden Cook

Jones back in I can only assume is because the Hawks run a smaller forward line because none of his play really warrants a recall at all.

It's a pretty "meh" set of changes to me at the moment, if you put Jones in, keep Smith, drop a guy like Taylor and don't select Curtin it turns into a real stinker.

Murphy seriously has to have perfected the reach around.

He is the least irreplaceable player in the side. Dowling could have come in for him round 1 and wed be a better team instantly. He is a rock that is keeping us down. Selection has to be better. The sooner he isnt in the side the better it is.
Trade bait...murphy and our 1st for pick 1..Richmond would be doing cartweels getting such a reliable experienced player to bolster their rebuild...never injured, chases things, great on the training track...ticks all the non statistical boxes like tries hard, great team man...whats not to like

Murphy extremely lucky. Form has been poor for a month or more
I'm not sure it's form

He's absolutely busting his backside and getting the best out of himself every week. Which I'm sure garners great admiration internally and is why we keep picking him

I think it hurts us that we're so comfortable. Coach signed up early, finals off the table a few weeks in. If the stakes were higher then we'd have to make some harsher calls. As it is we can keep an internally popular player in because we're not in a produce-or-perish situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R20: Changes vs. Hawthorn

Back