Preview R20: Changes vs. Hawthorn

Will Daniel Curtin come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jones named on the field is disgusting.
I would have gone with Hamill but I can see the rationale for selecting him.

Reckon Ryan gets a gig for next week's automatic loss at the Cattery.

Chayce Jones named on the field is a real disappointment

Not for me, only hope of seeing the back of Smith is if Jones returns to form playing behind the ball. And I like him, he’s fast, strong over the ball and takes the game on going forwards. Been disappointing this year, hopefully he turns it around.

Murphy seriously has to have perfected the reach around.

He is the least irreplaceable player in the side. Dowling could have come in for him round 1 and wed be a better team instantly. He is a rock that is keeping us down. Selection has to be better. The sooner he isnt in the side the better it is.

And this is why Nicks is a dud.

Murphy seriously has to have perfected the reach around.

He is the least irreplaceable player in the side. Dowling could have come in for him round 1 and wed be a better team instantly. He is a rock that is keeping us down. Selection has to be better. The sooner he isnt in the side the better it is.

I am going to also add that you could literally replace him with any player on the list in the best 22 and we wouldnt notice a thing. He could be subbed out at the beginning of the match and tell me, would we even notice? this is how pathetically irrelevent he is as a football player. He brings nothing to the team. Its harsh but accurate.

For the last Sunday game the first 4 on our extended bench all started, with Taylor the 8th listed on there and starting as sub. Would think that means Smith, Curtin, Worrell and Rachele are all playing, and then it comes down to Taylor or Cook. Given Cook started as sub last week and didn't do much when he came on, fairly certain he will be the out. I highly doubt Taylor is going out after being one of our primary CBA midfielders in a big away win and performing quite well (even though he faded late) - Nicks also talked very highly of him in the presser today and mentioned he is winning internal awards for some efforts off the ball recently (highlighting his improved endurance as the season has gone on).

I hope Smith is the sub, but have a feeling it could be Worrell given his lack of match fitness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is similar to what I think. Is Murray definitely out? Might be a rest regardless of whether its serious or not.

Cant play Walker, Berg, RT and Fog, and Berg is the clear drop from that bunch.

We might be blessed by Hawks not having a tall forward line.
Is it just Chol/Koschitzke? Cant recall if they've been playing other talls.

Koschitzke plays for Richmond! Gunston has been their other tall

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Cant believe there's talk we wont bring in Curtin. I Just really can't believe it.

This is almost the PERFECT game to bring him in, regardless of how he performs - he gets another senior game under his belt at home against a youngish oppo team, builds some confidence and starts to work out what he needs to do over summer to go to the next level.

Seriously - there is absolutely nothing to lose by playing him. Nothing.

**** sake Nicks.

ROUND 20 SQUAD
Adelaide Crows v Hawthorn
Sunday 28 July
Adelaide Oval, 4.10pm AEST / 3.40pm ACST

B:
Jack Scrimshaw, Sam Frost, Jarman Impey
HB:
Changkuoth Jiath, James Sicily, Finn Maginness
C:
Dylan Moore, Jai Newcombe, Karl Amon
HF:
Jack Ginnivan, Will Day, Nick Watson
F:
Mabior Chol, Blake Hardwick, Cam Mackenzie
R:
Lloyd Meek, James Worpel, Josh Ward

INT (from): Massimo D'Ambrosio, Harry Morrison, Jack Gunston, Josh Weddle, Luke Breust, Conor Nash, Calsher Dear, Connor Macdonald

In: Harry Morrison, Jack Gunston, Cam Mackenzie

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R20: Changes vs. Hawthorn

Back