Preview R21 Elimination Final: Melbourne v St.Kilda - MCG (A), Sunday 13th, 1:10pm AEST *Brown's 150th*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I will have a stream available for Sunday's game if anyone can't attend. Please private message me if you'd like it.

Gilbo straight swap for Roo and leave it at that. Gilbo's a utility, who can play Back, Mid or forward whilst also being able to give Longer some relief when T-Mac/Pederson ruck.

Get him to play the 3rd forward who can provide good defensive pressure.
If that doesn't work, swing him back and push Sav/Robbo up onto a wing.

Gilbert on Petracca
Would much rather Webster blanket him. Not sure Gilbo has the speed or agility to stay on CP.

Melbourne probably only playing 1 tall forward, so prefer Gilbo wing or forward with Carlisle, Brown and even Robbo down back already

Had a bad feeling at this stage before the Essendon game, but this time around I have a great confidence we can get a win, even a 30 points + win. They have some key outs and the team seems to be running on fumes at this stage of the year

Huge game for both clubs and it will be a great experience for our younger guys to be involved.

I think the Dees will start like a house on fire and kick first 2-3 before we get control and run over the top of them.

Saints by 41 points :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Saints have not won without Joey and Roo since 2005.
Time for the boys to stand up.
Can't believe the odds. $2.45 .
I bet with my head not my heart and they are juicy odds.
Go saints!!

Well you did say we haven't won for 12 years without them so the odds based on that may actually be unders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last 12 years Melbourne has been Riewoldt's bunny but the way he is moving now I don't think it will hurt us at all being out.
I think the MCG suits our game plan now as opposition teams at Ethihad can block the exits out of defence as the first thing we look at is to switch the ball and get it to the fat side.

Sydney did it to us the the dome this year perfectly but it's very hard to do at the G as it's very wide which is where White's leg will be very handy.

I know we probably won't do it but Brown out would be good for team balance. They have a very short forward line and we could get an extra runner in if we left him out.

Someone posted earlier the Cam Pederson matchup would suit Brown. I find it hard to argue with that comment.

There was some suggestion he'd play back on Bruce. Mc Donald on Memberey and the other Mc Donald forward for them. The biggest issue for us is containing Garlett, he often gets off the chain when we play them and he's under a bit of pressure to perform.

There was some suggestion he'd play back on Bruce. Mc Donald on Memberey and the other Mc Donald forward for them. The biggest issue for us is containing Garlett, he often gets off the chain when we play them and he's under a bit of pressure to perform.
I hope so Gringo, it sounds like they are shuffling the deck in reaction to our lineup rather than being proactive. Hopefully we've caught them short and get home in a canter.
I don't normally take much notice of matchups until the bounce and usually lock in on a couple of key ones - would Gears be a chance for Garlett? or will he spend most of his time in the midfield and slide forward for a few cheapies?

I hope so Gringo, it sounds like they are shuffling the deck in reaction to our lineup rather than being proactive. Hopefully we've caught them short and get home in a canter.
I don't normally take much notice of matchups until the bounce and usually lock in on a couple of key ones - would Gears be a chance for Garlett? or will he spend most of his time in the midfield and slide forward for a few cheapies?
Geary will go to Garlett imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back