Preview R22: Changes vs. Footscray

This week Daniel Curtin will...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing how much Collingwood have rolled over on this one.
Port are mongrels. Give them an inch and they will take a mile, and then re-write history while they are at it.
Won't be long before Collingwood look around and realise they lost their 'black and white' identity.
Maybe a bit dramatic!!

Collingwood lose their black and white - don't think so.

I have no issues with Power wearing their SANFL guernsey, knock yourselves out. Has nothing to do with me or anything I give two rats about. Not sure why Crows fans care, except maybe just to annoy Paer supporters, which is totally fine also :cool:

Last edited:

Rankine for Murphy.

Stick Curtin on Bont all day. Tell him to follow him everywhere. Even if Bont is torching him.

Will learn more in one game doing this than than anything Nicks/VB can teach him.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe a bit dramatic!!

Collingwood lose their black and white - don't think so.

I have no issues with Power wearing their SANFL guernsey, knock yourselves out. Has nothing to do with me or anything I give two rats about. Not sure why Crows fans care, except maybe just to annoy Paer supporters, which is totally fine with also :cool:
For a long time Collingwood have maintained a monopoly on black and white. They have been very protective of it.

The Port wanted to wear their B&W only guernsey. Just a one off of course. They would even sign a contract about it. They promised not to sell it.
Then they wanted to wear it again. And again. Then to make it a permanent once a season guernsey. Oh and they started selling it.
Now they want to wear it in the AFLW as well.

They will keep on pushing until they wear it for half their games.

Collingwood being the exclusive black and white will be gone.

Now I don't really care. I hate them both. But why Coll would let Port weasel their way is beyond me.

How many of the away games have been at the Dogs shit rural locations?
Since 2019 we've played 5 consecutive Away games against the Dogs. 4 of these were played in Ballarat, and 1 at Carrara (2020 COVID season).

Prior to that, all of Away games (this century) were played at either the MCG or Docklands.

The Dogs aren't the only team with a lopsided H-A count. Since 2011 our H-A count vs Carlton is 3-12 (plus 1 COVID game at Carrara). We're 8-12 against the Hawks since 2010.

Conversely, we're at 12-7 (plus 1 COVID game at Carrara) against Fremantle, since 2010. We're 12-6 vs GWS since their inception.

We've only played Norf in Melbourne 3 times in the last decade, with 4 games in Hobart and 1 at Carrara (COVID) in that period.

There are also lopsided counts for other teams as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's a record of where we've played since the start of 2015 (i.e. the last 10 years), excluding COVID games in 2020 (mostly played at Carrara):

Adelaide H_A.png

I wasn't sure whether or not to class Manuka as an "exotic" location for GWS, but I decided to include it.

We've played a LOT of games against Geelong and West Coast, but very few against Freo & Carlton.

The H/A splits are fairly even against Brisbane, Collingwood, Essendon, Geelong, Gold Coast, Sydney and West Coast. The others all have strong biases one way or the other.

If Dan Curtin is NOT in the starting side this weekend after the debacle last weekend, its pitchforks down to the club from me
Dont wait till Thursday Night.

giphy.gif

Rankine for Murphy.

Stick Curtin on Bont all day. Tell him to follow him everywhere. Even if Bont is torching him.

Will learn more in one game doing this than than anything Nicks/VB can teach him.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
You could stick Curtin up on the Hill and he'd learn more there than under Nicks. That said, definitely worth a go to tell him to hop into Bont's guernsey with him all day.

For a long time Collingwood have maintained a monopoly on black and white. They have been very protective of it.

The Port wanted to wear their B&W only guernsey. Just a one off of course. They would even sign a contract about it. They promised not to sell it.
Then they wanted to wear it again. And again. Then to make it a permanent once a season guernsey. Oh and they started selling it.
Now they want to wear it in the AFLW as well.

They will keep on pushing until they wear it for half their games.

Collingwood being the exclusive black and white will be gone.

Now I don't really care. I hate them both. But why Coll would let Port weasel their way is beyond me.
Hasn't helped their SANFL side of late.

You could stick Curtin up on the Hill and he'd learn more there than under Nicks. That said, definitely worth a go to tell him to hop into Bont's guernsey with him all day.
A good coach

'' guys the season is done so we're gonna try some things today - No Lairdy you can still play midfield - Dan we see big big things for you and we want to give you a challenge . We want you to run with Bont as long as you can. Go where he goes listen to what he tells his teammates and have a think about why he does what he does . Dont worry if you get flogged but we think you are a special talent and will hold your own . If you want a break put your hand up and we will give you 5 on the bench

And I can PROMISE you wont be made the sub unless you are truly injured. We believe in you Daniel ''

Nicks

'' yeah listen mate youve struggled to make an impact so have a full run in the 2s and we will see how you pull up''

A good coach

'' guys the season is done so we're gonna try some things today - No Lairdy you can still play midfield - Dan we see big big things for you and we want to give you a challenge . We want you to run with Bont as long as you can. Go where he goes listen to what he tells his teammates and have a think about why he does what he does . Dont worry if you get flogged but we think you are a special talent and will hold your own . If you want a break put your hand up and we will give you 5 on the bench

And I can PROMISE you wont be made the sub unless you are truly injured. We believe in you Daniel ''

Nicks

'' yeah listen mate youve struggled to make an impact so have a full run in the 2s and we will see how you pull up''
Every part of this is 100% accurate

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R22: Changes vs. Footscray

Back