Preview R22: Changes vs. Footscray

This week Daniel Curtin will...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jones should replace Bond in that role.

Jones showed previously he can play as a defender and is one minded and focus.

Giving Jones to much freedom (like playing him on wing where he needs to decided to run back in defense or attack) makes him looked lost at times.
Jones is a delist. Time to move on.

You could stick Curtin up on the Hill and he'd learn more there than under Nicks. That said, definitely worth a go to tell him to hop into Bont's guernsey with him all day.

Would be lucky to run with Bont for a half before gassing out. Having said that - would be a great lesson (and a good reason to sub him off)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Would be lucky to run with Bont for a half before gassing out. Having said that - would be a great lesson (and a good reason to sub him off)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We have shown zero issues with subbing him in or out for less than half a game

There's sfa chance of that happening
And nor should it

Jones is a competent AFL player. Short of what was hoped with where he was drafted but has some strengths and is fine as a 20th-25th player on your list.

We do seem to have a lot of those 20th-25th guys though admittedly

Why should he stay?
He is contracted and it isn't worth paying him out is the first reason.

Paying out players with multiple years left on a contract is as I know of it un heard of.

So it makes absolutely no sense to do it. He is okay as depth, just because he isn't living up to where he was picked doesn't mean you thow the baby out with the bath water. Ideally he is pushed out of the team and is a fringe player.

He was top 10 in our bnf last year so not as bad as some make out

He is contracted and it isn't worth paying him out is the first reason.

Paying out players with multiple years left on a contract is as I know of it un heard of.

So it makes absolutely no sense to do it. He is okay as depth, just because he isn't living up to where he was picked doesn't mean you thow the baby out with the bath water. Ideally he is pushed out of the team and is a fringe player.

He was top 10 in our bnf last year so not as bad as some make out
I'd be getting him to do a preseason in back pocket next year.
There's a spot there for him if Max moves to half back higher up the ground.

Bond and Hamill the other contenders but Jones does have a bigger body and could be useful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A good coach

'' guys the season is done so we're gonna try some things today - No Lairdy you can still play midfield - Dan we see big big things for you and we want to give you a challenge . We want you to run with Bont as long as you can. Go where he goes listen to what he tells his teammates and have a think about why he does what he does . Dont worry if you get flogged but we think you are a special talent and will hold your own . If you want a break put your hand up and we will give you 5 on the bench

And I can PROMISE you wont be made the sub unless you are truly injured. We believe in you Daniel ''

Nicks

'' yeah listen mate youve struggled to make an impact so have a full run in the 2s and we will see how you pull up''
Unfortunately this is probably likely.

Saw this come up on Facebook and had to just shake my head. This is the attitude of the senior players at the club and would be coming from the head coach down. Laird thinks Curtin will get a full game "in the next couple of weeks". So by the final round of the year he may get a full game...

1000017281.jpg

Unfortunately this is probably likely.

Saw this come up on Facebook and had to just shake my head. This is the attitude of the senior players at the club and would be coming from the head coach down. Laird thinks Curtin will get a full game "in the next couple of weeks". So by the final round of the year he may get a full game...

View attachment 2071849
Someone tell Lairdy we aren’t playing finals and the seasons over in 3 weeks.

Murray (194cm) on Naughton
Worrell (195cm) on JUH

Darcy and English are the interesting ones
all we have left would be Keane(194cm) and MM (190cm) and Hinge (190cm)
Better hope it's wet conditions because they have us for height by the looks, down back as well with Lobb and Jones?

How do you reckon we line up on their talls?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Think we are in real trouble, just pray for rain. They have just smashed Geelong,Sydney and Melbourne .
Their talls are really working well with no one able to fly with Naughton or Jamarra who has gone from
lazy to a hard worker. Darcy can fly but gets a lot of his ball from standing tall and out reaching and not as mobile as the others so I reckon could be worth asking Muzz to just body him all night as I reckon the other two would hurt him atm.

A good coach

'' guys the season is done so we're gonna try some things today - No Lairdy you can still play midfield - Dan we see big big things for you and we want to give you a challenge . We want you to run with Bont as long as you can. Go where he goes listen to what he tells his teammates and have a think about why he does what he does . Dont worry if you get flogged but we think you are a special talent and will hold your own . If you want a break put your hand up and we will give you 5 on the bench

And I can PROMISE you wont be made the sub unless you are truly injured. We believe in you Daniel ''

Nicks

'' yeah listen mate youve struggled to make an impact so have a full run in the 2s and we will see how you pull up''
Laird played half back on the weekend and Hinge played on the wing. So coaches are trying things for next year.

I dont agree with all of the things that we have done with Curtin - i would have subbed him for crouch or Murray at 3/4 time because of their time out of the game - but his defensive game for much of the year has been poor and needed work before he could play successfully and sustainably at AFL level. He was sent back to the SANFL and has worked on this. I hope he does get a full game on the weekend and for the next 3 weeks to set him up well for coming year. Will be disappointed if not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R22: Changes vs. Footscray

Back