Review R22: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Footscray

Remove this Banner Ad

This isn’t quite the positivity I was looking for, I was just hoping for some input from our moderators
I'm positive we're better than the 15th place we currently occupy. Sack the coach

Appraising young players isn't about the stats. It's about the flashes, the traits.

If you think this was anything other than exciting, you're an awful awful judge.

Holding a best 22 spot is about the stats, and the thing that keeps Curtin well clear of the axe this week is something you'll find in a stat column. Competing and winning rising stars - which is where the issue came from - is also about the stats. Seeing the top of that tree are usually players who are already putting up top 100--200 level performances.

At no point had I said the fourth quarter, when he went forward, wasn't exciting. Contested marks and goals get a lot of points in my book, and the two goals is probably the biggest thing to come from this game as it gives Curtin something to build upon. Until that point, this was a kid who was soundly beaten and had barely fired a shot - which is fine at this stage of Curtins career as it's mostly about giving him some time in the bigs as a 197 cm lad isn't likely to do much year one.

Bonds game on Weightman criminally underrated
There's a niche role there for him

Hamill is injury prone. We seem to have moved on from Jones as a defender. Ryan seems more a flanker/running player.

Unfashionable but if he can get the job done, there's a spot there.

Holding a best 22 spot is about the stats, and the thing that keeps Curtin well clear of the axe this week is something you'll find in a stat column. Competing and winning rising stars - which is where the issue came from - is also about the stats. Seeing the top of that tree are usually players who are already putting up top 100--200 level performances.

At no point had I said the fourth quarter, when he went forward, wasn't exciting. Contested marks and goals get a lot of points in my book, and the two goals is probably the biggest thing to come from this game as it gives Curtin something to build upon. Until that point, this was a kid who was soundly beaten and had barely fired a shot - which is fine at this stage of Curtins career as it's mostly about giving him some time in the bigs as a 197 cm lad isn't likely to do much year one.
It's only about the stats if the selectors are clueless, which you're currently touting.

Until he showed the big signs he didn't show the signs?

Hamill is injury prone. We seem to have moved on from Jones as a defender. Ryan seems more a flanker/running player.

Luke Brown never looked particularly spectacular playing the same role and he played 189 games and I don't think anyone ever questioned his spot in the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought ROB was bog, destroyed English and took some great marks.

We won today because the dogs were awful, even Bont was poor by his lofty standards. I think all the crows kids played well and we need to keep playing them. Besides Murphy and Laird today, I don’t thing anyone played bad. We just need to add a bit of pace to the side and we should improve even more

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good:
Fog, had a great season
Keays, ditto
Bond, an automatic inclusion now. Well done lad.
Keane, found his early season form.
Max, Mr Reliable, has so much time.
Sholl, keeps improving.
Crouch, back to his best - brings others into the game and can hitup our forwards.

Bad:
Laird, putrid disposal, bad decision making. Join Smith in the reserves.
Murphy, ditto.
Berrys fumbles, if he can get rid of them he would become a good midfielder.

Ugly:
Nicks, what a wasted season.
Fancy having to wait until round 22 to give Curtin a full game.
Umpiring, 4 umpires isn't working. The standard has never been so poor. AFL need to pull their head out of the arses and make major changes.

I can see him having a Jed Bews-ish career

On the list for a decade+, plays 23 games in a season once or twice, but ultimately is in and out of the side, depending on whether we want someone to play a defensive role

Now if he develops his offensive craft, we could be talking a best 22 mainstay

Dogs had 35 games more experience per player so experience isn't the reason we won
Dont be a twat. There's a multitude of reasons why any team wins or loses and you know this. Don't try to dress what I said up as a single overriding factor and use cooker logic to attempt to debunk it because it negates the nicks is shit narrative.

I can see him having a Jed Bews-ish career

On the list for a decade+, plays 23 games in a season once or twice, but ultimately is in and out of the side, depending on whether we want someone to play a defensive role

Now if he develops his offensive craft, we could be talking a best 22 mainstay
Was going to say exactly the same thing about likening him to Bew's role at the Cats.

Curtin actually looked a natural forward. Still not really sure where his best position will end up being.
Clearly should be in our best 22!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R22: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Footscray

Remove this Banner Ad

Back