Review R22: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Footscray

Remove this Banner Ad

It was crazy hearing Nicks say Curtin was a key defender just days ahead of him playing midfield at AFL level.

Like does he think we're stupid?

So in his press conference Nicks said he thinks ultimately he is a big bodied mid - but needs to keep working on his contest
He also said they don’t really know where to play him at the moment - assume because he isn’t yet particularly suited for any role. Good flexibility though

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

15.9 disposals, 3.7 tackles, 1.52 goals per game as a permanent mid sized forward.

He's a few goals behind Stringer, Fritch, Hayward who might be considered in front of him, but the other stats he's well ahead.

He's giving himself every chance, but he'll want to have another 2 blinders to finish off the year. I have everything crossed that he does, would be his dream come true to make that squad.
Dylan Moore from Hawthorn should be AA on the forward flank

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was great aside from the goal kicking
But, as a forward, his job is to also kick goals, which is why his performance wasn't worthy of a vote. If he kicked 3.4, then sure, but not when it's 1.5.

Looks like one of the coaches gave Mrouch a 5, and the other didn't have him. He had a good game, but not better than most of the others on the list (excl Darcy. I had a better game than Darcy).
Reckon it was Nicks, given Bevo raved about ROB.

Beveridge
5 ROB
4 Fog
3 Keays
2 Keane
1 Darcy

Nicks
5 Crouch
4 Fog
3 ROB
2 Worrell
1 Sholl

It was crazy hearing Nicks say Curtin was a key defender just days ahead of him playing midfield at AFL level.

Like does he think we're stupid?
Well he is giving us plenty of reasons to think he is stupid!

Going defensive vs port was definitely 1

Even Hinkley has admitted from time to time he got something wrong. All the coaches do it. Nicks literally has not done this. He has blamed the players after every bad loss I can think off. Blamed the players for the 0-4 start, even though we had a noticeable shift in game plan since that time.

Worrell 100% should've played early, it was obvious to everyone at the time.
Plenty of us posted about it regularly.

There was no reason why he couldn't play with Doedee either.

Doedee played most of the season I'm question with a shoulder injury, which was crazy.

Last edited:
Even Hinkley has admitted from time to time he got something wrong. All the coaches do it. Nicks literally has not done this. He has blamed the players after every bad loss I can think off. Blamed the players for the 0-4 start, even though we had a noticeable shift in game plan since that time.
He’s done it once when he subbed off soligo vs collingwood last year when he was BOG

I thought that was Bond's best match so far. Excellent defensively, and got some nice touches along the way.
Kept one of the most dangerous small forwards quiet... this week Rioli.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R22: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Footscray

Remove this Banner Ad

Back