Review R6: Port v West Coast Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Port's iffy form be traced back to Walsh leaving? Walsh was around when we went from wooden spoon to prelim final, playing a brand of football very closely resembling the minor premiers of that year, Collingwood, and I very much doubt that Woosha thought of it up by himself. When he left, we went to shit.

On topic though, I think we got you at a good time after the Showdown, where you are at your most vulnerable. 9 out of 10 times you would do us in, so no need for panic as of yet. A good run of games to come will hold you in good stead at the bye.

It is the wake up call that we have had coming for some weeks now to up our workrate to where it was in the past and should be now.

We should not be losing on our home deck to a team down on key players as West Coast are.

I am sure we will see immediate improvement from increased workrate which will result in better skills and execution.

Can Port's iffy form be traced back to Walsh leaving? Walsh was around when we went from wooden spoon to prelim final, playing a brand of football very closely resembling the minor premiers of that year, Collingwood, and I very much doubt that Woosha thought of it up by himself. When he left, we went to shit.

On topic though, I think we got you at a good time after the Showdown, where you are at your most vulnerable. 9 out of 10 times you would do us in, so no need for panic as of yet. A good run of games to come will hold you in good stead at the bye.

Our biggest form improvement happened in 2013. Feel free to credit Walsh with that.

Hes not telling lies he's just rewording it. Hes quoted that many players must own up to the garbage that was displayed yesterday

Inconsistency, which is what Hinkley is talking about, is totally different to the garbage some people are posting as reasons in order to heal their wounded egos.

Spelling Nazi nothing worse on forums , straight away i think of a pimply face kid who has never played footy

Seriously though, what's the deal with the spaces before all punctuation marks? That's a brand of ******ation I haven't seen before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of the things I liked:
-Hartlett's sportsmanship
-Krak's composure and disposal.
-Our tall defence as a unit.
-Ah Chee setting the tone in the last quarter - great sign. He was not going to let west coast get clean clearences. Two hit outs as third man up too - don't remember anybody else doing that.
-The team lifting to Ah Chee's example.

Things I did not like:
-The fact it took a 3rd game sub to set the tone and force the team to lift.
-West coasts luck with bounces, which they made by leading us to the ball.
-Lack of accountability. I think we were constantly trailing west coast because we were banking on us winning the contest. We often didn't and it hurt.
-Did broady and young play?
-Hoping (just a little) that someone else picks up a long term injury so we don't have to drop Krak.
-Losing.

You still haven't told me what you thought of the goal review are you avoiding the question
Unpire called it a behind.. no conclusive evidence as to it being not touched therefore original decision remains...

See when robbie gray was clearly tripped in front of 3 umpires? You got the better end thats for sure. how many frees did you get resulting in goals in the 3rd. Joke

Unpire called it a behind.. no conclusive evidence as to it being not touched therefore original decision remains...

See when robbie gray was clearly tripped in front of 3 umpires? You got the better end thats for sure. how many frees did you get resulting in goals in the 3rd. Joke
Sorry mate you got it wrong it was called a goal this is what im trying to say no conclusive evidence so it remains a goal right?

I don't think the general public really know. We didn't have Walsh in Hinkley's resurgence year when we fell out of the finals the week before the prelim. Have to say I'm not seeing a lot of midfield leadership shining through from a group under Voss. In saying this, I always believe the head coach is the man responsible anyway.

Random thoughts from the other side of the fence:
  • We really got to play you guys at the perfect time. In-form and 2 weeks without any enforced changes vs Port coming off a tough 5 weeks and maybe mentally easing up for a supposedly easier match. Also Wines and Polec absent evened the ledger in the area of the ground where on paper you had the biggest advantage.
  • It's telling that most of your best players were in defence - Carlile, Krakoeur, Hombsch, Trengove. It's very rare for us to dominate a good midfield so comprehensively.
  • Subbing off Young was baffling when Ebert and Schulz were clearly injured.
  • Port's pre-game stuff lives up to reputation. What's the song that they play before the players run out? Whatever it was I liked the idea of building up to the run-on rather than just playing the club song.
At the end of the day it boiled down to us being a bit better than everyone (including our fans) thought and your guys being off the boil a bit. And as you know if doesn't take much of a drop in effort in the AFL for the other side to take advantage. Port are still a top 4 side IMO.

My dad is a Power Member and he sits near the opposition race, he was saying they had a protection around it that prevented anyone from sitting around the race from seeing the players get onto and come off the ground. Does anyone know why this is imposed? I presume its happening at all games now. I am not impressed because he was saying it interrupts the view of the ground and you cant see the warm ups etc.

You still haven't told me what you thought of the goal review are you avoiding the question
I'll give you a stronger hint.
Those who thought it was touched:
Goal Umpire
Jackson Trengove
The Video Review Umpire
Every Port supporter
The Officiating Umpire
Me

Those who don't think it was touched:
Crows Supporters
You
Everyone else who doesn't matter

My dad is a Power Member and he sits near the opposition race, he was saying they had a protection around it that prevented anyone from sitting around the race from seeing the players get onto and come off the ground. Does anyone know why this is imposed? I presume its happening at all games now. I am not impressed because he was saying it interrupts the view of the ground and you cant see the warm ups etc.
We will tell you after you come back to the good side. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R6: Port v West Coast Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Back