Autopsy Rd 11 Blues create a contest but fade in the last

Which players were in your bests against the Eagles today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No mate. It’s me. I just barrack for GWS now. Just for a little while. My heart, blood pressure, and sanity, need a short break from being a Carlton supporter.
Have you been on the cheech and chongs!?

Glass half full, our season is looking very similar to Brisbane 2 years ago, in most games but not sealing it.

Worth rotating the older guys Doc,Eddie,Simmo,Murph over the course of the next few weeks for a rest with Dow,O’Brien,Honey,even Polson

Get serious game time/fitness into TDK
With Jack most likely missing, out SPS rotating mid/forward with Fish

Need to generate run form the back, Willo is nearly providing that. Doc is struggling a bit.

Jones at Chb, Weiters full back seemed to work well.

Strong game from Kennedy, especially his marking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Feel Doc has been poor since the first game where they put a forward to keep him accountable. Just looks down on confidence. Re Willo he shows some signs but to me gets very nervous a least a few times every game. Hopefully this is something that will improve with experience.

No mate. It’s me. I just barrack for GWS now. Just for a little while. My heart, blood pressure, and sanity, need a short break from being a Carlton supporter.
****ing piss weak. Supporting a club doesn't come with an on and off switch...Putrid:thumbsdown:

Offering him another contract would be irresponsible. Games need to be invested into LOB who would provide more both offensively and defensively.

Maybe not irresponsible but we definitely need the likes of Dow, O'brien and Stocker to push them out sooner rather than later.

Umpiring killed momentum in that game again! It’s absolutely shocking and it’s costing us games. Imagine being a player and every week being officiated in a different way to your opposition! You’d drop your head wouldn’t you ? Eventually you’d break.

I don’t blame the players we cracked in today and they’re a good side but seriously the umpiring was a disgrace. Those two holding the ball goals against samo were telling, the umpires had a number of opportunities to pay similar frees in the opposite 50 but no! The one that should have been paid against Nic Nat was one example.

We’ve played 10 games this year and won the free kick count on 3 occasions only and some of the differentials are big. The game against the dogs we win by 50 and win every stat on the ground but lost the free kick count by 8 (12-20) .... how the fu** is that possible?

What’s wrong with this club now is that we’ve decided we want to be social crusaders and nice people. What’s needed is a direction from board level to stand up and call it as it is. Make a video from every game of frees paid to the opposition and not paid to us and frees paid against us and not to the opposition, send it to the AFL and do it with a press release and pay the fine. Until that happens it won’t change.

So losing the free kick count by 8 didn't cost us the game?

Go figure

It’s time to be a team that is ruthless at the selection table. We can’t keep playing underperforming players because they are senior players. Murphy and Betts should rightfully be dropped this week but they won’t be. I think Teague likes to create good personal relationships with players, which is fine but don’t let it affect the team.

Murphy is a straight up liability defensively. He cannot hold a tackle to save himself. I actually believe his arms are too short. As strange as that sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It’s time to be a team that is ruthless at the selection table. We can’t keep playing underperforming players because they are senior players. Murphy and Betts should rightfully be dropped this week but they won’t be. I think Teague likes to create good personal relationships with players, which is fine but don’t let it affect the team.

Murphy is a straight up liability defensively. He cannot hold a tackle to save himself. I actually believe his arms are too short. As strange as that sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Wut?

A good first half followed by a 15 minute lapse which cost us. West Coast are absolutely class through the midfield (best midfield in the comp IMO) so I’m not surprised that they got on top in the second half. Our midfield still lacks an A grader. Thought Setters and Kennedy were actually solid but 15 and 13 disposals respectively won’t cut it against Shuey, Yeo, Sheed, Redden and Kelly. That’s not a criticism of them but highlights the need for further midfield quality.

Thought the 3 inclusions were all good. Missed Fisher’s clean skills and class. TDK looks like the future and must be given games to adjust to the pace and physicality of senior footy. Cottrell showed there’s a bit to work with and we should persist with him.

Really ruing the Melbourne and Hawthorn losses from the perspective of playing finals, which won’t be happening. Umpiring very average.

Need to bring the same grit and intensity vs Freo.

A solid effort for the most part, but West Coast are a class above. Can't be too upset with a result like that.

Inside 50s was 44-35 in our favour. Suggests the biggest problem was our forward structure, which is no surprise given the players that were out.

Great to see Fisher back and making the most of his chances.

TDK impressive. Shame he couldn't take some of those marks, but that should come soon enough.

I've been as mystified as anyone about SPS in defence, but today wasn't one of his worse games.

Was pleased to see the team's ability to play a more patient brand of football at times today after the somewhat breakneck approach of previous weeks. Good teams can do both and know when to switch. Important to add that string to our bow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A good first half followed by a 15 minute lapse which cost us. West Coast are absolutely class through the midfield (best midfield in the comp IMO) so I’m not surprised that they got on top in the second half. Our midfield still lacks an A grader. Thought Setters and Kennedy were actually solid but 15 and 13 disposals respectively won’t cut it against Shuey, Yeo, Sheed, Redden and Kelly. That’s not a criticism of them but highlights the need for further midfield quality.

Thought the 3 inclusions were all good. Missed Fisher’s clean skills and class. TDK looks like the future and must be given games to adjust to the pace and physicality of senior footy. Cottrell showed there’s a bit to work with and we should persist with him.

Really thing the Melbourne and Hawthorn losses from the perspective of playing finals, which won’t be happening. Umpiring very average.

Need to bring the same grit and intensity vs Freo.

Great summation ...

Didn't expect to win, but still don't understand why Teague ignored what was working, tempo, hard tag on Kelly, TDK in the ruck, just killed the momentum after half time.

Gibbo was poor, Cottrell is a keep, so is TDK. Murph was good, so too Jones. Cripps and Doc are struggling. Weits was good, given the service to Kennedy

Beyond belief why SPS is still at HB

Setters on the up and Fisher was one touch after being out for a while

WC just a well balanced side
SPS is a massive liability in the backline. He can’t defend and he can’t chase down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 11 Blues create a contest but fade in the last

Back