Preview Rnd 21 Carlton v Essendon Sat August 18th 1.45PM @ MCG - Team - Post #369

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot think of any other strangers I have despised recently

Settle down. Football rivalry should have naught to do with real life events.

And so this doesn't stay OT (which yes I am responsible for) I have a feeling we might be crying in our parmigianas tomorrow night. As much as I'd love a one way hiding, that back line looks ordinary.

I wonder about Eddie Betts' fitness or lack thereof for this weekend.

Wow, at some of the posts in here. Call us snipers all you like but I don't think you'll find an Essendon supporter 'hoping' we deliberately injure another player. I disagree, as will all Essendon fans, but you can have a right to be pissed at Lonergan. Can't fathom some of the comments about hoping Watson gets deliberately injured though.

Off that, no chance am I wishing you good luck, no way could I do it, and I don't want you guys wishing us luck either. Its a rivalry for a reason. Let's just hope for another epic, and hopefully close, battle. :thumbsu:

To be honest, and I agree that it's not a good thing to hope for, anytime, anywhere.
but, I have seen comments like that many times, across all the clubs, and sorry to say..even yours!

Don't take them seriously...I never do. :)

I have no problem wishing you guys luck.
I go to every Bummers/Blues game with my partner..one of you, unfortunately.
I can appreciate good players, and Jobe is one.:thumbsu:

Now, a good strong..even a rank (legal)tackle on one of your peskier types will go down well.

I hope we smash you, and do it fairly. I hope your fakers don't get frees for faking, and I hope it literally rains down hard, on your finals parade.

Most of all, I wish for fairhanded umpiring. (gotta dream don't we??)

I can't take this build up anymore, got bloody scum supporters at my office whinging that they've had no continuity in there season and are therefore massive underdogs.

hmmmm thankfully we've had so much continuity .... :rolleyes:

Already making excuses, for ****s sake back your team in and look forward to the epic battle!

Casboult to kick 4, Garlett 5, Juddy BOG

Lets dig deep for Ratts and the pride of the Navy Blue jumper, stand up and be counted Blue boys, it's time to show the comp what we are capable of.

And so this doesn't stay OT (which yes I am responsible for) I have a feeling we might be crying in our parmigianas tomorrow night. As much as I'd love a one way hiding, that back line looks ordinary.

I think I was trying to tell you to settle down :)
We had a fairly reasonable Bumber supporter visit and you went off half cocked and told us you cannot control yourself :D I guess I only like to give the opposition nuff nuffs who come to troll a hard time
It was probably just a case of the order in which posts fell. I definitley don't think you are a nutter like a few floating around - for someone who has been around for over 8 years I should know you better. Cheers

Wow, at some of the posts in here. Call us snipers all you like but I don't think you'll find an Essendon supporter 'hoping' we deliberately injure another player. I disagree, as will all Essendon fans, but you can have a right to be pissed at Lonergan. Can't fathom some of the comments about hoping Watson gets deliberately injured though.

As for this comment, "Boo-f****** whoo Jimmy". Hird was asked whether he thinks you guys will come out with a physical approach in mind, Hird said "We're going to play our game, but if they want to start the fireworks then we'll go down that path. We've got some strong lads, and if you want to go after Lonergan, good luck."
Failing to see what he is possibly crying about there. He's saying we won't do anything, but if you wanna start it, we'll damn sure join in.

Off that, no chance am I wishing you good luck, no way could I do it, and I don't want you guys wishing us luck either. Its a rivalry for a reason. Let's just hope for another epic, and hopefully close, battle. :thumbsu:

I think you will find this to be untrue.

Posts I have seen on your Board for example : - One poster wanting NLM to "hit a few Carltank players" and another poster "hoping that one of your players belts the living daylights out of our Captain" and so on and that is not from the Banter Thread.

As for being warned by posters on your Board in regards to posting on our Board, engaging in constructive and friendly discussion is always welcome from opposition posters.

Trolls on the other hand will be dealt with which is the norm on all Team Boards.

I think you will find this to be untrue.

Posts I have seen on your Board for example : - One poster wanting NLM to "hit a few Carltank players" and another poster "hoping that one of your players belts the living daylights out of our Captain" and so on and that is not from the Banter Thread.

As for being warned by posters on your Board in regards to posting on our Board, engaging in constructive and friendly discussion is always welcome from opposition posters.

Trolls on the other hand will be dealt with which is the norm on all Team Boards.

Mm, may be biased but I call the "hit a few Carltank players" stuff banter, there are no specifics there. Saying "I hope Bell sits on Watson's shoulder so he's out for months" is too far in my, and I hope almost everyones, opinion.

But enough of that. Wet weather footy will be disappointing for us. Obviously our strength is our key forwards against your key backs with no Jamison, Henderson or Laidler, but we'll unlikely to be able to take full advantage of that with the weather. I still feel there is an unhealthy reliance on Betts, and to a lesser extent Garlett. We basically shut off the "Fast break" goals in round 4, and it left you guys struggling. To be fair, Waite couldn't hit the side of a barn that day.

Which does remind me that Waite is an important in. Doesn't have to kick a bag by any means, but people forget he would've been BOG that day had he kicked straight, he did dominate leading up and presenting.
Overall, I'm a bit underwhelmed by your back line, and struggle to see many potential big bag kickers up forward, but I'm tipping you guys due to the amount of ball you'll win in the middle. We'll miss Howlett, Myers and NLM in that regard (not sure why he isn't playing) and Hocking has had a poor year. If Watson has another ripper, and everyone's favourite man Lonergan ;) along with probably Lee win enough contested footy to give our outside mids Zaharakis, Stanton, Heppell and the like a chance to deliver to our forwards we're a chance.

Summary, the midfield battle should decide it, and I think you have just too much there. Blues by 20.

^^^^^^^
But you have to agree Aph - it does not make it right on our board. WTF has Watson done to deserve it

ps Especially in what is not supposed to be a banter thread

Thread has been cleaned up Coach and no it is NOT a banter thread.

We have been down that path before and it didn't go too well in the past, hence no Banter thread on our Board.

The Essendon Board has one. ;)

Mm, may be biased but I call the "hit a few Carltank players" stuff banter, there are no specifics there. Saying "I hope Bell sits on Watson's shoulder so he's out for months" is too far in my, and I hope almost everyones, opinion.

But enough of that. Wet weather footy will be disappointing for us. Obviously our strength is our key forwards against your key backs with no Jamison, Henderson or Laidler, but we'll unlikely to be able to take full advantage of that with the weather. I still feel there is an unhealthy reliance on Betts, and to a lesser extent Garlett. We basically shut off the "Fast break" goals in round 4, and it left you guys struggling. To be fair, Waite couldn't hit the side of a barn that day.

Which does remind me that Waite is an important in. Doesn't have to kick a bag by any means, but people forget he would've been BOG that day had he kicked straight, he did dominate leading up and presenting.
Overall, I'm a bit underwhelmed by your back line, and struggle to see many potential big bag kickers up forward, but I'm tipping you guys due to the amount of ball you'll win in the middle. We'll miss Howlett, Myers and NLM in that regard (not sure why he isn't playing) and Hocking has had a poor year. If Watson has another ripper, and everyone's favourite man Lonergan ;) along with probably Lee win enough contested footy to give our outside mids Zaharakis, Stanton, Heppell and the like a chance to deliver to our forwards we're a chance.

Summary, the midfield battle should decide it, and I think you have just too much there. Blues by 20.

I am hoping for a good game and most of all no injuries.

It's do or die for both Clubs and it will all boil down to who wants it the most.

Blues in a close one !!!!!

Last night I sat thinking about why I hate the scum do much more than any other team in the comp. As I settled down to relax and watch a bit of telly I started to flick through the channels and came across the footy show, a program I haven't watched in a few years. Apart from thinking how much of a paradox the show's title was, I also had a crystallization of my hatred in the form of one Matthew Lloyd. It took me watching a minute of this flog, sniper to realize that he is what represents the scum in my eyes.
To me it's almost an illogical hatred but it makes sense because I realized that I only started feeling this way about the scum since his career started. I didn't even dislike them this much when they won in 93. He has left an indelible stain.
I know he's not on the park anymore, but I hope our boys run out and just picture his mug on everyone of their players. Motivation enough.
Blues by 50.

Essendon are the team we like to beat. Nothing to do with with with any of their past players. the hype they built on the 93 Essondon premiership kept them going for years. How long did they and the press go on about "the baby Bombers". It must have gone on for at least a decade! I'm sure some of them were getting a little older! I got to say I like the blues beating Essondon more than even Collingwood!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL WTF???

Please tell me that they're not going to play those pathetic air raid siren sounds tomorrow...

I'm pretty sure they only do that at Etihad and as far as I'm concerned that's where it can stay for it has no place at the home of football on a Saturday afternoon when bitter enemies are involved!

I've been invited to the Essendon president's lunch so I'll be eating and drinking as much of their money away as I can. Can't wait to be watching our boys whilst being surrounded by red & black muppets..anyting might happen. 2 things that will happen, I'll be hammered and Carlton will dish out an old fashioned arse kicking!

You want to talk about going too far look in your own backyard pal. I was at the game when Carrots got injured and EVERY Essendon supporter was laughing and/or saying shit like I hope he's done for the season.

In fact in every Essendon vs Carlton game I've been to since we got Judd, there's been at least one Bomber flog hoping that Judd does his knee.

Nobody really wants to see injuries happen (or at least I hope not anyway)

It's just stuff you say to ruffle up the feathers of the Bummers faithful. I reckon it's the same reason the Bummers say what they do regarding our players, they just want to piss us off. Anyone who actually takes it seriously is just stupid.

Nobody really wants to see injuries happen (or at least I hope not anyway)

It's just stuff you say to ruffle up the feathers of the Bummers faithful. I reckon it's the same reason the Bummers say what they do regarding our players, they just want to piss us off. Anyone who actually takes it seriously is just stupid.
Some blokes just don,'t get it. It not about who gets injured and who did what to who, its about famous victories and particulary against the odds. When a great tackle, i think by memory by Frazer Brown with seconds to go in the game, sent Carlton into a grand final against North Melbourne in 1999. An inspiring moment! Against the odds. Essendon was highly fancied to win. "Now thats what it's all about".

Sounds like Jimmy needs a tissue
Boo-f****** whoo Jimmy

How about you concentrate on your own mob and make sure you listen to everything Bomber has to say to you pre-game.
I wonder when the club will let you take the L Plates off?
I think that if we managed to poach Bomber away from them, they would collectively shit themselves. Hird is just a figure head... good for coaching the under 9's but coaching a senior AFL team... no ****ing way... not now, not ever.

So the Carltank comment is banter, yet my boo-hoo jimmy comment isn't.
Can't have it both ways mate.

So the Carltank comment is banter, yet my boo-hoo jimmy comment isn't.
Can't have it both ways mate.

'Good' banter ;)
Haha nah fair call, anything related to someone getting hurt in any regard, don't see a point to it.

If it's wet, expect NLM to play - very surprised he was dropped anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back