Preview Rnd 4 - Carlton v North Friday 7th April 4.20PM @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Cottrell above LOB. Better runner. More competitive. Harder at the pill and man.

And probably a better kick.
Concur, and can tackle... if I see LOB tackle around a waist/hips again leaving the players arms unhindered and free to handpass easily, or the reach out attempt to tackle (Fisher is guilty of this ATM too), I'll scream.

Cotters was running fast, tackling like a beast and kicking goals! Should be 200 gamer for us.. LOB at present has regressed from last years improvement.

Damn I did not realise I would have to upgrade to reserve seating for a North game. Do they say where the general admin area will be? Guess I'm getting to the game early
Just checking...if I've already purchased GA tickets to the game...I just need to turn up early to get some decents seats right? I won't need to 'upgrade' or change my GA tickets to reserved seats will I?

Lets try 1 ruck this week and include more speed through the midfield, Pitto's strength and blocking attributes aren't worth the lack of run and struggle to reach contests at the moment.
TDK's(with a little help from JSOS, Cripps and Harry) overall game is of more value to us. Play him between the arcs to out mark and run opponents, conserve energy(and keep out of the forwards way).
I'd just like to see Voss consider some kind of slightly radical tactics before the bye.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, there would be close to 1,000 unsold tickets available to all comers via that link. Great tip Aph.

So what's the deal with the secret link?

Nothing worse than seeing empty seats at the ground when supporters who want to go, can't buy tickets.

Lets try 1 ruck this week and include more speed through the midfield, Pitto's strength and blocking attributes aren't worth the lack of run and struggle to reach contests at the moment.
TDK's(with a little help from JSOS, Cripps and Harry) overall game is of more value to us. Play him between the arcs to out mark and run opponents, conserve energy(and keep out of the forwards way).
I'd just like to see Voss consider some kind of slightly radical tactics before the bye.
Pitto taking some of the load is a massive help to both TDK and SOS's games, and therefore the team.

The D50 exits and then entries to forward 50 must be by design. Hard to believe that this is our planned strategy though.

Can anyone with an eye for game style detail how we're playing differently, if at all, to last year? Vossy said that we would add layers to what we did last year.

Like most, I just follow the ball when I watch, so don't pay much attention to what's happening outside of this.

TV watcher so I'm sure I'm missing finer points but this is my layman's take:

I did read something from an "in the know poster" who had had a conversation with someone connected to the club who said our F50 entries are quite often not the plan but a number of players have found it hard to stop the long bomb. Having said that I would imagine an opposition team forcing boundary play (ie slower ball movement) and applying hard pressure on the ball carrier is going to naturally create more chaotic delivery and less "easy" opportunities for our key forwards.

So can't say I've seen anything shiny and new forward of centre and so far we haven't had the opportunity to fully utilise our much vaunted key forwards to full effect in terms of scoring but to the above, oppo coaches don't sit still and will have strategies in place to nullify their affect.

Defensively from what I've seen so far our structure is better for longer and I'm sure an increased work rate is part of this, along with some more maturity and on field leadership. Some personal have added to this part of the game plan nicely (Hollands and Acres for sure). Result being harder to score against and no more 4-5 goal run ons which is nice.

Most teams look to the corridor if possible out of D50 but conversely most teams will try to push you wide out of D50 so not a lot of dark art applied there. I'm sure the instruction is play safe unless you see an opening (need to have players who know when to back themselves in and pull the trigger aka Williams sigh) and once again this is really about gut running to make space and creating overlap, making a choice quickly and delivering. Otherwise It's down the line to a target with numbers at the drop.

One area I believe we're a bit under in is delivery by foot, we don't have very many elite field kicks and we do have a lot of good average kicks, the other crucial layer being the decision making piece.

Not a finished product at all but more experience with Vossy's way, improving on field leadership from senior heads and some astute drafting/recruiting has definitely made us better.

The wins may have appeared underwhelming so far but the three teams we have played are quality sides with plenty of talent.

I would ideally like to see a bit of a statement on the scoreboard this weekend but doesn't matter who you are, if you're off by a few percent you can get rolled.

Last edited:
Concur, and can tackle... if I see LOB tackle around a waist/hips again leaving the players arms unhindered and free to handpass easily, or the reach out attempt to tackle (Fisher is guilty of this ATM too), I'll scream.

Cotters was running fast, tackling like a beast and kicking goals! Should be 200 gamer for us.. LOB at present has regressed from last years improvement.
What about Cunners, can he elevate to that player you are talking of?

Pitto taking some of the load is a massive help to both TDK and SOS's games, and therefore the team.
I see your point of view, but I think it's an endorsement of TDK's improvement, and there is a penalty of contributing to our already slow midfield.
Happy for Cripps to share some of the midfield ruck load to allow JSOS more time as the 3rd tall forward.

I see your point of view, but I think it's an endorsement of TDK's improvement, and there is a penalty of contributing to our already slow midfield.
Happy for Cripps to share some of the midfield ruck load to allow JSOS more time as the 3rd tall forward.
No, Cripps should stay far away from the ruck. We nullify one of our greatest assets with him part-timing in the ruck.

Reckon TDK was a lot better and more influential in weeks 2 and 3.

No coincidence that JSOS return to good form, was because he did not have to ruck. Really liked his role across half-forward, his first quarter was very, very good. I can also see the other side of the coin though, Pitt at about 70% fitness could really struggle on the hard track at Marvel. Overall, I just really like Jacks game, when unencumbered with the ruck role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back