• Kane Lambert

Votes: 41 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

the afl can fu** rught off. they are doing everything to screw us over
Whats the point of telling clubs to nominate where they want to play their home game if the AFL just override it and make it up anyway

We shot ourselves in the foot two years ago. We should have won a threepeat by now. Still its been an awesome last few years. This year is not our year, but we have had a great run. We aren’t Hawthorn, Brisbane or Geelong and we won’t get to that level but that’s ok. We have had an amazing ride across the past four years but all good things must come to an end. Still, if you had of told me that at the end of 2016 we would win 2 of the next 3 flags I would have laughed at you, yet here we are. Thanks for some great memories Richmond and I will continue to support you for life
You do know we have another chance, yeah?

You need to chill buddy, I just think it’s a bit rich spouting some conspiracy theory the coach has It in for a player and then turn on you own supporters for being frustrated with some umpiring decisions.
Don’t think we need to start calling each other precious!

Look mate, I did not turn against anyone, I said stop complaining about the umpires, it is an opinion, did I put my knee on your throat and forced you to stop complaining about them? No! Complain to your heart’s content!

Broad is the complete opposite of Chol, a player who will always give 100%. He was playing quite well, until he was dropped. I understand that Balta effectively replaced him in the back line. But notice that Balta has not been as good as he was, since Astbury came back. And surely Hardwick noticed that as well.

Soldo was injured, decisions had to be made. Chol was atrocious against Adelaide, and even worse last night. He has a history of playing well one game, and then disappearing for the next 4-5 games. Last night, it was not Brisbane’s tall forwards who did most of the damage, it was the smalls, kicking easy goals from ground ball in their forward line. Brisbane does not have good tall forwards, they always rely on their small forwards for most of their scoring all the time, not just last night! Surely Hardwick knows that! Broad is very good at killing ground balls, he has elite endurance, he always makes it back to the backline in time! He is an excellent “plugging holes” player. You do not need that many tall backs against Brisbane, and do not forget that Broad can play tall as well. Given all that, playing Broad back and Balta as forward/ruck should be, objectively, a serious consideration which made a lot of sense. Balta would have been much better than Chol, for sure!

As a coach you have to make decisions, based on all these facts. Who do you choose? Broad, a proven performer that will give his all, or a rabbit in-front of traffic lights? He chose the rabbit and the rabbit ran away, did not come out to play at all. So, I am asking the question: was Hardwick-selection wise-objective and fair towards Broad or not? To me, it looks that he was not. To me, it looks that he has it against Broad. Now, is this necessarily a fact? No, it is an opinion! I may be wrong, so what, I am a footy fan, not a rocket scientist, so be it!

Ps: you are right about the precious thing, withdrawn, my apologies!

Off topic, the contrasting difference in umpiring today vs yesterday. Ball kicked after a free kick no 50m plenty, tackle not sticking and ball knocked out not holding the ball.
Noticed that as well no fifty after kicking it ! Less frees being paid in this game , pay the obvious ones & be consistent, that’s all we fans want

Off topic, the contrasting difference in umpiring today vs yesterday. Ball kicked after a free kick no 50m plenty, tackle not sticking and ball knocked out not holding the ball.

Yep.

It's as I said in an earlier post. The 50m decisions were totally inconsistent with what's happened the rest of the season. We kick the ball as the free is paid and get 50m against. Other times the ball is played well after the whistle and the umpire calls it back. Ridiculous lack of consistency.

i still don't get why if you receive a free, you're allowed to belt the sh*t out of the closest oppo player to you and your free doesn't get reversed, but if that player retaliates at all you then get given a sweet sweet 50 as well..umps just need to call nothing in those cases it makes me melt fu**en hard
Case in point - that Brisbane flog who struck Bolton in the neck/throat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's hard to ask the AFL to use logic, but what is their reasoning for it?
Larger crowd numbers at those 2 stadiums.

If that was always the case, don't ask the club's to nominate.

Look mate, I did not turn against anyone, I said stop complaining about the umpires, it is an opinion, did I put my knee on your throat and forced you to stop complaining about them? No! Complain to your heart’s content!

Broad is the complete opposite of Chol, a player who will always give 100%. He was playing quite well, until he was dropped. I understand that Balta effectively replaced him in the back line. But notice that Balta has not been as good as he was, since Astbury came back. And surely Hardwick noticed that as well.

Soldo was injured, decisions had to be made. Chol was atrocious against Adelaide, and even worse last night. He has a history of playing well one game, and then disappearing for the next 4-5 games. Last night, it was not Brisbane’s tall forwards who did most of the damage, it was the smalls, kicking easy goals from ground ball in their forward line. Brisbane does not have good tall forwards, they always rely on their small forwards for most of their scoring all the time, not just last night! Surely Hardwick knows that! Broad is very good at killing ground balls, he has elite endurance, he always makes it back to the backline in time! He is an excellent “plugging holes” player. You do not need that many tall backs against Brisbane, and do not forget that Broad can play tall as well. Given all that, playing Broad back and Balta as forward/ruck should be, objectively, a serious consideration which made a lot of sense. Balta would have been much better than Chol, for sure!

As a coach you have to make decisions, based on all these facts. Who do you choose? Broad, a proven performer that will give his all, or a rabbit in-front of traffic lights? He chose the rabbit and the rabbit ran away, did not come out to play at all. So, I am asking the question: was Hardwick-selection wise-objective and fair towards Broad or not? To me, it looks that he was not. To me, it looks that he has it against Broad. Now, is this necessarily a fact? No, it is an opinion! I may be wrong, so what, I am a footy fan, not a rocket scientist, so be it!

Ps: you are right about the precious thing, withdrawn, my apologies!
Yes think Chol needs a spell
Also think Aarts and not sure about Puckett
Balta May be the switch second ruck which could utilise Broad I am not his greatest fan but the boy is tough runs and gives 100% so a plus for me there
You are correct the small backs were very poor last night nothing from Basher Baker or Short our run out of defence slow and too many hack kicks
Also think we need to rotate more miss in forward line hence Aarts goes plus he’s not up to finals standard imo would use Ross Shedda Bolton Lambo Cotchin Prestia and Dusty resting up there all are creative
Rioli needs to move the ball quicker George just needs to get it and Jack needs to really work harder and just jump
Really believe next week is our danger game if they win that I think they will beat Port and win the flag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back