Votes: 13 5.5%
  • Kane Lambert

Votes: 41 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't work out what the rule is any more.

Hawkins runs around shoving everybody under the ball and never gets called. I'm talking a dead-set two handed palms out shove.

Rioli does pretty much the same with a forearm/elbow and gets pinged.

It does my head in.
Watching last Q there were two howlers completely ignored , first in ruck then Cotch got a free seconds later , then in final seconds cholly shoved 5 yards and ignored , yet ****en Rioli with his firearm in back like a bumper bar was pinged right in front of goal

Can you give us a rundown who played and played well.Was it just Miller in ruck.

Miller rucked the first half, then a Port player rucked the second half.
We had a few Port players play for us.

I didn't stay for the whole game and it was a bit difficult to see through a wire fence but I'd say Broad looked the best of our bunch, I was mainly focusing on Caddy and he looked solid, he didn't look hindered in any way with his knee.
I noticed Miller a couple of times in the first half and he competed well and kicked a goal.

Markov had a heap of the ball in the 3rd quarter and looked pretty good.
I didn't really notice Ross or RCD who were the other two I wanted to have a look at but it was hard to keep track of everyone because of the poor view and a few Port players playing for us.

Number 32 for us played pretty well, I think it's English?

At least we can watch another game next weekend in this bullshit lockdown.

was the only reason we loost imo

club is so dedicated to the fans/members that they wanted to give us an extra game

we will go on to beat saints by 48, poort by 89 and bitch robinson by 98 in the gf

gonna be a good month

And it's not like they got the result wrong.

You gotta admit, though, it would have been sweet if it hadn't hit the post!

Absolutely ... I was sitting behind the goals at that end (above Lions Cheer Squad)

I thought it was a goal & we had a real chance

Then JR8 kicked a goal soon after & there was still time for us to pinch it

... BUT it wasn’t our night

Miller rucked the first half, then a Port player rucked the second half.
We had a few Port players play for us.

I didn't stay for the whole game and it was a bit difficult to see through a wire fence but I'd say Broad looked the best of our bunch, I was mainly focusing on Caddy and he looked solid, he didn't look hindered in any way with his knee.
I noticed Miller a couple of times in the first half and he competed well and kicked a goal.

Markov had a heap of the ball in the 3rd quarter and looked pretty good.
I didn't really notice Ross or RCD who were the other two I wanted to have a look at but it was hard to keep track of everyone because of the poor view and a few Port players playing for us.

Number 32 for us played pretty well, I think it's English?

Thanks mate.

i reckon they didn't actually play better than us, they just looked better at times coz they got a bunch of weak frees and 50s that helped them go inside 50 at the drop of a hat when we were all out of position not expecting dodgy calls. take out those and they barely go inside 50 all game

I would suggest the Lions play similar to us but with more speed and are more slick. We have them covered for experience, particularly in big games.

No mate, your are wrong. Brisbane are not quicker than Richmond, we killed them on the rebound when we played them earlier this year. No-one moves the ball quicker than Richmond from their back to their half forward line. No-one under normal circumstances, that is. Hardwick violated-once again- one the fundamental edicts when you play finals. Do not bring in underdone players, who haven’t trained/played footy for months. Our style relies on four quarter effort and two way running to the extreme. Edwards started the game well but by mid-second quarter was gassed and faded out.

The big problem was Prestia. His injury and its complications meant that he was even less conditioned/match ready than Edwards. I will not bother checking his stats/possessions etc, because it is irrelevant. He was slow, he was fumbly, he butchered the ball, he was caught holding it numerous times. He was even more gassed than Edwards, he stopped running both ways. He disrupted the Richmond rhythm and handball chains from the half back line the whole game. This is what you interpreted as slowness, in comparison to Brisbane. So, in terms of offensive output we did not get a lot out of the two people who are usually our best midfielders and quite good in creating scoring opportunities for our forwards.

And in terms of defense, they stopped covering their opponents on the way back. Brisbane were moving the ball too easily through the midfield. It was them who were kicking the “arsey”, easy goals from ground balls in their forward line, instead of us. Our system works if all players play their role. Once one or two rings of the chain get broken, we are in trouble, as it happened yesterday and in the Preliminary Final in 2018, when- once again- underdone/ill players who should not have played took the filed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Main issues last night consistent with trends throughout the season. Poor entries inside 50 & lack of discipline. Don't understand why Balta wasn't thrown forward when our game plan consisted of bombing it to a triple teamed Riewoldt. Also, why the **** are the players reacting so poorly to meatheads ala Robinson and Zorko? All jokes at the start of the game, yet blowing up at some smart ass having a sledge. Minus 2-3 goals from 50 metre penalties and we basically win that game somehow.

Disappointing result but we regroup and look forward to the next challenge. As disappointing as Chol looked at times I think we gotta stick with him in the team. He’s currently playing key forward as the direct Tom lynch replacement with minimum ruck time. I think with lynch back in the team we see Chol go back to the second ruck and third tall forward from earlier in the year where we saw him put together some good patches of footy.

we’re a better team with 2 rucks, it’s been dimmas prefered best 22 for his whole coaching career.

I’d like to see Ross back in the team, just not sure where we can fit him in at the moment. Could we make a bold choice and drop one of our rebounding defenders to bring Ross in? Pushing shedda to play the set up roll from half back and letting Ross be the inside beast he’s shown he can be at times

tough choices to make for next week but I still believe we’re in a good spot to push for premiership success this year
Sorry, stopped reading after you said we have to stick with Chol

This was PF 2018 all over again. The game was lost at selection. Contributors were left out of the team (Caddy, Ross, Broad) in favour of rabbits under the spotlight (Chol) and clearly underdone players who should not have played (Prestia). Chol bellies description. You can call him pathetic but this is an insult to pathetics. You can call him a girl, but again there are a lot of girls tougher than him. Vickery was 10 times the player Chol will ever be.

He did not take a single mark, and we had plenty of high ball coming in our forward 50. He did not bring the ball down to the ground-to the advantage of our small forwards-once. He did not block for Riewodlt once, he always plays behind the contest, like a small forward, waiting for the spoil, unforgivable! Jack had to play against 3 opponents all night. Andrews, completely unbothered by Chol, was doing to Jack what Grimes did to Porkins, a couple of weeks ago. Jack’s second goal, late in the 4th quarter, was the result of Nankervis blocking for him so he could mark the ball. Hardwick was once more betrayed by his conservatism as a coach. He should have sent Nankervis forward and play Chol as the main ruck long before the middle of the 4th quarter. Chol sucks as a ruckman as well, always jumping early or jumping and then falling backwards so he can avoid contact with his opponent. But we were doing quite well in the midfield so it could not have been as detrimental as him being so useless in the forward line.

Prestia was clearly not up to AFL speed, and make no mistake, he is my favourite Tigers player because he is both blue and white collar! He was slow and caught holding the ball numerous times and his disposals were sub-standard, he did not create any play at all. Ross would have played better, no doubt about that! Hardwick should not have been petty leaving Broad out of the team, running a vendetta against him because he will leave Richmond at the end of this season. If this is what we do as a club to people who leave, how about Brandon Ellis, another of Dimma’s favourite sons. The squib left as well, and it was known that he would so for months, but Dimma kept playing him and now he has two undeserved premiership medals.

Broad is the opposite of Chol, he is fighter, a guy who gives 100% all the time! I believe the backline is more stable and balanced with Broad in the team. Most of Brisbane’s goals were from ground balls, indicating that our defense line was too tall. Broad is an excellent “plugging holes” player due to his endurance and agility, he would have “killed” some of these balls better than Balta or Astbury, who did not do much at the backline. The ball was coming in low, no chance for a lot of intercept marks to be taken during the game. Broad could have played back, and Balta could have been be the forward/ruck. I believe he could have done much better than Chol! A fart from a 90 year old lady would have done better than Chol!

And finally, Hardwick should have played Caddy as a forward. He is an excellent contested/overhead mark and a good shot at goal. He could have kicked multiple goals, if he was playing instead of the frightened and incompetent Chol, because there was a lot of supply coming to our forward line, we had 4 more forward entries, it was not like they killed us in the midfield, we had 11 more contested possessions and they only had one more clearance than us! We usually have up to 20 clearances less than our opponents and still win the game! We lost against Brisbane because we effed up in our forward line, as simple as that! And Hardwick should shoulder most of the blame for it! He out-coached himself.

So, drop or even better delist Chol, bring Broad back, play Caddy as a forward, at the expense of a small forward. We do not play a deep forward pressure zone nowdays anyway, is gets applied more towards the midfield. Small forwards are not that important any more. And Balta should be playing as forward/ruck. Simples!

Oh, and stop complaining about the umpires, it is as weak as! Sounding like Collingwood or Eagles supporters! Even if the whole world is against you, you still have to be good enough to win!

Rant out,

Go Tigers!
It’s ok for you to speculate that Dimma has a vendetta against Broad, but other posters can’t have an opinion that some of the umpiring last night was questionable?
Give me a break.

We have had a dream run, can't complain. But 3 games interstate out of 17 is about the same as 5 games interstate over 23?

Really, the only advantage is sleeping in our beds however we still have to quarantine.

The home state, travel scenario is no different to Melbourne clubs at MCG or Marvel - given how much of a disadvantage that is to us generally, I am astounded Melbourne supporters want to pull it out againts us this season.
Jesus you really are thick aren't you. You are PLAYING against teams who's home state is not QLD. That's why it's such a big advantage. How naive can you get. It's like us getting 14/17 games against interstate sides in Vic. The whole oppo will go mad if we had that.

So no it's not the same as when we play in marvel or mcg because we usually play teams who also have that ground as their home ground

Basically because of covid you've been handed a better chance to win the flag. That's just reality. Your chances would of been lower if it was a normal season. But it's just the way things are unfortunately

Tend to agree,a team wins games not one player but he does help our forward structures.
Not sure if I agree with myself today! Chol missed out on at lest three opportunities that Lynch would have scored. My point was that we need to be smarter with our forward entries, and not bomb it in long. Lynch does lead and create space.
Easy to say not but Markov would have given us more last night as a forward...if the team could adapt

So that happened. You know if it had to happen I’m glad it’s this week. You know what that game told me? If Lynch plays we win. The full strength lions had to play their very best and that still only got them home by 15. Tell me that taking a diabolical Chol out and a fit Lynch in doesn’t change that result. If I’m honest I’m still of the opinion if we’re at our best we are unbeatable.

I look forward to getting Lynch back next week. Doesn’t matter who we get Saints or Dogs because I expect us to bounce back.

Jack Graham ⭐️ on the rise
Cotch is a beast and the best captain.

Let’s do it the hard way 💪
Brisbane could have played a bit better, kick any of those goals late in the third and it would have been no chance, as small a chance as there was anyway.
We can beat them, but they aren’t the same easy beats that they were up to 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back