Autopsy Roast & toast R22 vs GWS & changes for R23 vs Hawthorn

Best vs Giants

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

cotch fu**en hates the afl and the drama of it all

should hand it over to graham and call it quits
By all means let him pass on the captaincy.
Let him enjoy his last season and nurse him through the season.
Of any of our older group.I think Cotch is the most deserving of being carried.

not mad at the players or dimmer at all

they know they have been shafted by rule and interpretation changes which is why they melt so hard during games

imagine being in their position you go out there each week and the administration is trying to make you loose
Exactly they have to face the afl and the umps every week. Each year the level of corruption against us increases. You combine that with covid Bs, injuries , tired bodies and obviously that's gonna throw us out of wack.

No doubt we need to improve but I don't think we need to improve in terms of throwing everything out. Astute changes , tinkering here and there figuring a way to navigate these shit rules and the hunger will get us back

This season has been the worst standard of AFL footy I've seen in a long time, I used to watch most games on the weekend but congratulations AFL for really f×××××× the game up.

And talking standards, for me the umpiring inconsistency (bias) has been at a whole new level this season. It’s like some teams are playing under very different rules at times. It’s really hurt us in nearly every game this year especially when we have been in a weakened state.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What happened to VB?
Nothing really. Got banned for troll liking the carlspoon board getting back posters that do it to us every week.

The lows and highs huh? There's been a lot in the decade or so.

160 pt loss to the Cats. FMD. Dimmas first win in the rain against Port. The loss to Carlton in the elimination final. The win against Sydney to make 2014 finals. The first quarter against Port the next week. The loss to North in the 2015 finals (that hurt). Dusty's goal at the start of q4 in the 2017 PF. Houli's goal in the 2017 GF to put us in front. The song playing for 30 mins after the game. Pickett's spin in the 2019 GF. The Port Prelim win. Dusty's goal in the 2020 GF with Danger hanging off him.

This year.. mweh. We'll be back.
High for me was winning the free kick count, didn’t think I’d live to see that.

Exactly they have to face the afl and the umps every week. Each year the level of corruption against us increases. You combine that with covid Bs, injuries , tired bodies and obviously that's gonna throw us out of wack.

No doubt we need to improve but I don't think we need to improve in terms of throwing everything out. Astute changes , tinkering here and there figuring a way to navigate these sh*t rules and the hunger will get us back
The 666 rule,the standing rule AFL are a joke.

But we will learn how to combat these cheat rules next year and they will have to invent more!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Season over for us and whilst it can be easy being mad at our players and coaching staff because yes they have been bad this year and we do need to improve alot in the off season it's hard to say it's 100% us .

It's not ,all season we have been shafted by the afl and the umps. They cost us at least 3 games this season , the port away match and wce away match from the top of my head. That's us in the 8 right there from us being at about 75% all season. So there is some consolation knowing that if we do improve , get an inside mid etc we will be good enough to override the bs umps and afl. Because us improving even a bit gets us over the line in those ump games decided by a goal.

What's the bet they don't change the rules this off season too lol now they think they got us on the ropes.

Next year won't be easy. We've seen some players slow down and start to have shockers, next year players like Grimes, Lambert, Edwards will start to have more and more bad games as well. A combination of old guys slowing down and kids that havn't even played a dozen games will make it hard to challenge for finals. We also aren't going to start getting free kicks away to West Coast or Port anytime soon.

not mad at the players or dimmer at all

they know they have been shafted by rule and interpretation changes which is why they melt so hard during games

imagine being in their position you go out there each week and the administration is trying to make you loose
no greater compliment than they made the game unrecognisable, and unwatchable, with rule changes to stop us.

I agree, we need a complete clean out of players to fit the new rules, can't be angry at this mob, they were an absolutely ruthless winning machine under the old rules.

No doubt we need to improve but I don't think we need to improve in terms of throwing everything out. Astute changes , tinkering here and there figuring a way to navigate these sh*t rules and the hunger will get us back

we and the players and DImmer know all about the SHocking corruption so it doesn't worry me as much any more

at least we will know we won the last legitimate flags before the downhill slide of the afl

Missing the 8 will not reinvigorate the fire in this group. A combination of aspects will bring a spark back:

- the assistant coaching staff needs a reshuffle with some serious talent and expertise brought in
- the game plan needs to change, the pressure game has become too predictable
- the profile of the playing list needs to change, and this will be a process over the next 2-3 years
- we need to bring in one or two really talented or at the very least players who can play the Richmond way (think about the pre-season for 2017 when we brought in Caddy, Nank and Prestia). These are risks that need to be taken

To be honest, I’m kinda bored of seeing what is by and large the same midfield over the last 3 seasons and it needs a change up. This change requires a combination of a new midfielder who can smash the opposition in centre clearances, and someone like RCD stepping up. Actually, I’m bored by the personnel in general - new challenges and a new approach please.

The club just needs overall, a really fresh, re-invigorated, daring, exciting approach to the 2022 campaign. I don’t care if it’s a Premiership tilt or a gradual build back to the top.

Next year won't be easy. We've seen some players slow down and start to have shockers, next year players like Grimes, Lambert, Edwards will start to have more and more bad games as well. A combination of old guys slowing down and kids that havn't even played a dozen games will make it hard to challenge for finals. We also aren't going to start getting free kicks away to West Coast or Port anytime soon.
No doubt we need to improve. If we don't we will continually see shit like this and umps gifting wins to oppo when we happen to actually play well. We need to recruit an inside bull and rcd or martyn has to take the next step. Absolutely crucial

Adjustment of assistants and our recovery is needed. Too many ****ing injuries and our fwd mix is a mess

I think Dimma tried to change things earlier in the season and it didn’t really work, hard to do in season, and the continual injuries just made it harder.
He has an off season to make some changes, he deserves at least that after the last 4 years.

did he? I didn’t see a change in style all year.

I’m not slagging the guy off. He’s been ****ing amazing for us. But he’s been here 10 years. It’s not his fault the AFL changed the rules on him.

This is not a premiership team. Maybe it’s just time to part time ways. If he can’t change with times, maybe it’s time to give someone else a shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back