Autopsy Roast & Toast v Gold Coast

Top 5 v Gold Coast

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

There is no world where Hopper and Taranto just start dominating inside and we start beating up teams in there. Nank is also very old. Our team is so slow and unskilled, you cant just add 7 or so 18 year olds and it all clicks.

That's what they were recruited for though isn't it? So we can safely agree then the recruitment of those 2 has been an utter and complete failure.

Was at the social club after the game, Bauer and Koschitzke both spoke. Bauer, a very reserved guy but theres something about this kid, he has genuine talent and he mentioned that he's going away for a few weeks but will be back training and working hard to get us back off the ladder, believes in the club and the youth.

Kozi then grabbed the mic and told everyone if he got a 3 year deal they could do anything in life.

That's what they were recruited for though isn't it? So we can safely agree then the recruitment of those 2 has been an utter and complete failure.

Well that's really their only asset. Taranto can obviously cover the ground, but his skills are awful. So when they are getting smashed by Rowell all day or the first quarter embarassment against the Hawks, they are complete liabilites.

I don't see how they turn it around, certainly playing them alongside Prestia and Ross etc aint the answer. They would need to have speed all around them (which we dont have). But yeah even then, they both seem awful clearance players anyway.

Not really , they will have a significant role to play when introducing draftees over next two seasons , otherwise we’d have nil experience , Taranto has been very good , hopper pretty avg player

poo GIF

Well that's really their only asset. Taranto can obviously cover the ground, but his skills are awful. So when they are getting smashed by Rowell all day or the first quarter embarassment against the Hawks, they are complete liabilites.

I don't see how they turn it around, certainly playing them alongside Prestia and Ross etc aint the answer. They would need to have speed all around them (which we dont have). But yeah even then, they both seem awful clearance players anyway.
We have won clearances and contested several times this year and today we had 60 i50s however our f50 is utter garbage
Kozi is c grade amo std
Mansell and Seth 1 shot at goal bw them Bolton 1g2
Bauer shows a bit but still very raw ,,,,,,What hope have we got , easily worst f50 going around , no surprise wooden spooners
Still a focus needs to be class into the midfield and they’ll compliment the grunt ,,,jagga I feel would be excellent contrast to what we got

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We lost , we WERNT embarrassed, we got our draft pic unlike a few other clubs today
Just shows how low standards are these days. We lost to gold coast on the MCG but weren't embarrassed.

Feel like a chapter of my life has ended today.

What a send off. Couldn’t give two hoots about the result, just to be there was special enough.

Must’ve been some pollen in the air because jeez there was some tears shed. What a player we were lucky enough to of witnessed. To send off a warrior like Grimes, and the story of Pickett, well that was special too.

Game wise, jeez our kicking skills are appalling. An absolute disgrace. Anyone we draft or trade in MUST be able to kick.

Again, didn’t pay too much attention to the game, was more about what happened afterwards that made the day.

Great game by Prestia, HRS, Rioli, Short and Vlastuin.
for me its the handballs we miss thats more damning. I can forgive an errant kick under extreme pressure or going full tilt but the volume of simple handballs that go too high, too low, behind, or directly to the opposition - dion, is completely inexcusable. thats a skill that should be nailed by the time they're 10 years old.

I mean, this is the elite competition for this sport. can you imagine nba players passing the ball into eachothers backs and missing eachother by a metre...

Last edited:
Watching Cotch and Riewoldt retire last year was tough but today really hit hard. Dusty really was the goat. I waited 37 years to see us win a flag since I was a 5yo boy and it was something I was beginning to think I'd never see in my life time.
We end up winning 3 and the joy we got seeing Dusty carve them up in nearly every single final was just amazing.
Watching our team today made me realise that success is fleeting it's now 7 years since that drought breaking win and when recent legends of our club are telling us to rebuild and cash in on this draft we should be doing it because flags are so hard to win. Let's get our list sorted and get back to being the best again.

Bauer is very impressive, hopefully stays on the park injury-wise. He's essentially our Nate Caddy, I'm fine with us missing out on what could have been if we kept our 1st rounder last year. Bauer just flies at everything and makes a contest and has good forward craft.
That goal he kick was sublime , dom sheed would be proud of that

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & Toast v Gold Coast

Back