Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ryan

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Sonsie (sub)

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Why I'm against giving him and Pickett another year next year as we won't view them as 'depth'., but feel compelled to play them.
Yeah that’s the catch 22

As a club you should always play your best 22 no exceptions but if the players aren’t taking you further playing them is a disservice to the development of younger players who are ready to go

They've been using Kamdyn as our primary key forward a couple of games this year when we've lost players mid-game. Pickett has gone in the ruck. They're our utilities you can play out of position to let the young blokes continue in their position.

We don't need both of them in the team next year, but Kamdyn in particular has been a ****ing workhorse for us. People talking about dropping him don't understand the role he's playing for us.

They've been using Kamdyn as our primary key forward a couple of games this year when we've lost players mid-game. Pickett has gone in the ruck. They're our utilities you can play out of position to let the young blokes continue in their position.

We don't need both of them in the team next year, but Kamdyn in particular has been a ****ing workhorse for us. People talking about dropping him don't understand the role he's playing for us.

When it gets a bit willing I'd prefer Macca to be smacking into Maynard than one of the kids.
And alternatively, I'd like Macca and Pickett to be tackling Daicos...just so he doesn't get it to easily.

Strange post.

Dustin Martin career free kicks for: 245

Dustin Martin career free kicks against: 401

It appears to me has has suffered from nice guy syndrome with the umps. Doesn't stage for free kicks, and accepts the ump's decision without noticeable complaint.
He may get away with the odd high fend off, but he has to be the player that gets HTB paid against him the quickest in the AFL.
The number of times I've seen him tackled, only to get an arm free and hand pass, yet the ump still blows the whistle.
Umps love paying HTB against him and can't do it fast enough.

Reckon we'll play Samson as 1st ruck anyway, so we can have the pleasure of watching him look completely and utterly exhausted from 5 minutes into the 1st quarter.
I thought he was injured?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The epic fail has.to be drafting Aarts to replace Stengle, right?
Easy to say with 20/20 hindsight? I’m ok with it in terms of team culture & rewarding hard work etc
Remember Crows also gave him an opportunity after us so Cats were going to be his last chance. I think Tigers always knew he had talent (like Stacky) just maybe not the focus/maturity needed when we had him?

Last edited:
ins:

taranto, blight, jr, vlas

outs:
dow, nank, sonsie, macca

Sampson 1st ruck with back up from balta and kozi
jr sub to manage is minutes
macca out releases brown/banks to the wing allowing vlas to play back

bauer hasnt done enough imo and dusty probably still not right

ins:

taranto, blight, jr, vlas

outs:
dow, nank, sonsie, macca

Sampson 1st ruck with back up from balta and kozi
jr sub to manage is minutes
macca out releases brown/banks to the wing allowing vlas to play back

bauer hasnt done enough imo and dusty probably still not right
Dude jnr hasnt played in months, how you got him walkin straight in?

Most players start really hitting their straps around 40-50 games. The quicker we can get our youngsters to this number the quicker we will improve as a side. If the likes of Macca, Broad or Pickett are counter productive to players like Smith, Tresize or Banks reaching 40-games they need to be delisted / traded / dropped to VFL.

Hawks did it 2-years ago, letting go midfield stalwarts Mitchell and JOM - they suffered short-term by having a threadbare midfield, but now look at how Newcombe, Day, Nash and Worpel have thrived with the midfield as their own for the last couple of seasons, where they have had opportunities they wouldn’t have had with Mitchell and JOM still there.

I realise we’ve been injury ravaged this year, but we need to be planning what 2026 looks like and who is going to take our team forward … if the likes of Smith, Tresize, Banks, Campbell, Green are all getting to that 25-40 game mark we will be in far greater shape than if they sit behind ‘golden oldies’ in 2025.

If it’s good enough for terrific players like Haynes, Wines, Boak, Dixon and Coniglio to play seconds, it’s good enough for our older guys.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Most players start really hitting their straps around 40-50 games. The quicker we can get our youngsters to this number the quicker we will improve as a side. If the likes of Macca, Broad or Pickett are counter productive to players like Smith, Tresize or Banks reaching 40-games they need to be delisted / traded / dropped to VFL.

Hawks did it 2-years ago, letting go midfield stalwarts Mitchell and JOM - they suffered short-term by having a threadbare midfield, but now look at how Newcombe, Day, Nash and Worpel have thrived with the midfield as their own for the last couple of seasons, where they have had opportunities they wouldn’t have had with Mitchell and JOM still there.

I realise we’ve been injury ravaged this year, but we need to be planning what 2026 looks like and who is going to take our team forward … if the likes of Smith, Tresize, Banks, Campbell, Green are all getting to that 25-40 game mark we will be in far greater shape than if they sit behind ‘golden oldies’ in 2025.

If it’s good enough for terrific players like Haynes, Wines, Boak, Dixon and Coniglio to play seconds, it’s good enough for our older guys.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It will happen in the last round like last season. It’s all counter productive too bc they can’t go back to the VFL to capture any form and they basically get an extra week holiday.

Easy to say with 20/20 hindsight? I’m ok with it in terms of team culture & rewarding hard work etc
Remember Crows also gave him an opportunity after us so Cats were going to be his last chance. I think Tigers always knew he had talent (like Stacky) just maybe not the focus/maturity needed when we had him?
Stengle had George, Rioli, Higgins, Butler in front of him. He was offered a better contract by the crows and left. He'd played 2 games with us by 2018.
Failed at the crows too.
Good luck, good timing that Geelong worked out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & toast v Port and Changes v Pies

Back