Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Brisbane and changes for off season

Best 5 vs Brisbane?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Was pretty numb on the siren, but to be honest anyone who's watched us play this year saw it coming (6 games played this year decided by under 6 points - we lost them all tells the story, please fix in off season dimma). Also prestia's injury would have soured any victory.

Definitely a lot of positives from this team.
  • Gibcus - I'm really bullish on him, gets in great spots, reads the play and backs himself. He'll clean up his hands and then we have an elite half back
  • MRJ - clean up disposal and we have a real talent
  • Sonsie and Ross - looking like really solid mids, two of our better players tonight, especially ross
  • Miller - finally some good tall talent showing signs. looks very comfortable at the level
  • pickett - not a youngster but wanted to give him a shoutout as he's probably my favourite player going around, just puts in consistently good to great performances every week. Our best tonight for mine and I reckon we should task new players (and some more senior guys) to watch how he goes about it.

If Prestia and Lynch can match their output and stay fit next year, then I think we can be in the mix. A fair bit to play out with re Jack, Grimes, Dusty, Tarrant and Cotch. Add (hopefully) TT to the mix and get bolton to spend the summer working on his tank and how to beat a tag then that's a strong team.

Although, I still do have concerns on players like baker and short who I think are pretty overrated as I can't really see them being part of a premiership midfield.

Also massive congrats and farewell to shedda, one of my favourite players and I'll miss seeing him run out each week

I'm the least angry I think I've been losing a final. It was slightly expected and it was clear tonight even if we won this one we weren't a contender. Outside of Gibcus who has shown plenty in his first year all the first time finalists and fringe guys were some of our better players I thought. Positive signs. Jack showed enough to go again and hope he does.

He's 18 playing KPD on a dewy night - his performance isn't a concern at this stage of his development.

A psychiatrist isn't the answer - the experience will do him a world of good.
I would still want Murray to have a chat with him because a few times he shit the bed it lead to goals. I would not want him to get into his own head about it and do a Darling and be shit for many seasons to come.

Eh. It was always going to be tough this year.

Just didn’t hit finals at full fitness or peak form. Maybe next year.
I actually thought things were coming together nicely and we could keep building through to the GF if all went well.
Then, as has happened all year just as we start to build one of our main players gets an injury.
If Prestia played the whole match we win. No doubt.

People giving Gibcus a hard time need to remember he's a first year key defender playing in his first final while on the road. He covered the fourth most km on the ground and he's a defender. Worked his ass off and would have been knackered. He will learn a lot from this game.

if rodan was umpiring wouldve just signalled the goal and not spoken to that cont that was reaming us all night

Because he would have had to zig and zag while making no ground. Although Port Adelaide fixed that up for him.

Back to tonight. Eliminated on the first night of finals will feel as if we were never in it.

Whole finals series ahead of us and we are as much a part of it as North Melbourne

He's 18 playing KPD on a dewy night - his performance isn't a concern at this stage of his development.

A psychiatrist isn't the answer - the experience will do him a world of good.
Absolutely, his confidence and marking etc will track along his strength and conditioning

It probably doesn’t mean the same thing to everyone else

Tonight was a free hit
We’re playing with house money after seeing 3 flags
If we were playing our first final in 10 years tonight I would be so disappointed.
But I’m really not

I’m proud of our team! The champions are now coming to an end, It happens to every great team
The year has been a yo-yo and to go out comically in that last 5 minutes summed us up in 2022

Think our future is bright
Sonsie faded as did Rioli jnr but god they’ll be good players. Adding Taranto will help big time along with getting a fit Grimes back

Fingers crossed we can fix these tight finishes in the off season cause mentally it happened too many times this year! Few tweaks and we’ll be really competitive once again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

& as is often the case in this sport, Baker's complete dumb-assery (trying to cancel the umpires advantage call then giving away a 50) was the literal score difference

Everyone saying 'Lynch's reaction gave it away'. Look at Andrews. He thought it was a goal. Head down and walked back to his position rather than telling people to set up for the kickout.

Exactly & who cares what Lynch’s response was , he was confused & didn’t know , the goal umpire called it a goal & it has the be definitive to overturn it & it wasn’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This might be against the grain but I felt we were
terrible almost all night. It was a close and exciting game but I felt we were really really poor and didn’t play well at all.

We fumbled. We dropped sitter marks. We turned it over. We slipped over at crucial stages. We missed easy targets. We had very few good players on the night and didn’t kick a goal in the last 20 minutes of a high scoring match ..… and still almost won.

I’m more disappointed with the way we actually played tonight than the result.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back