Autopsy Roast & Toast vs North Melbourne Rd 11, 2019, & Changes for Geelong rd 12

Best players vs North Melbourne

• Ryan Garthwaite

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • David Astbury

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Dylan Grimes

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Nathan Broad

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Shane Edwards

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Bachar Houli

Votes: 139 80.3%
  • Brandon Ellis

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Dion Prestia

Votes: 56 32.4%
  • Kamdyn McIntosh

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Jack Higgins

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Jason Castagna

Votes: 20 11.6%
  • Dan Butler

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Dustin Martin

Votes: 135 78.0%
  • Tom Lynch

• Noah Balta

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Ivan Soldo

• Trent Cotchin

Votes: 52 30.1%
  • Nick Vlastuin

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Sydney Stack

Votes: 117 67.6%
  • Liam Baker

Votes: 63 36.4%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • Josh Caddy

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we are playing too many smalls. Bolton, George, butler, higgins and baker. Think there's only room for 2 or 3. Unless they're all hitting the score board every game then we are carrying them honestly.

Prefer Higgins closer to goal atm. We are losing potential scores playing upfield. In our losses we are really struggling to to score above 60.

After watching the VFL game my changes for next week are:

Out - Bolton Higgins
In - Graham Menadue

B: Grimes Astbury Garthwaite
HB: Stack Edwards Houli
C: McIntosh Cotchin Ellis
HF: Castagna Caddy Butler
F: Lynch Martin Balta
R: Soldo Graham Prestia
INT: Broad Baker Menadue Vlastuin

Edit: Vlastuin given the all clear.

Last edited:

Fair call :) it is very obvious Soldo is a long way off Nank ability around the ground, but I reckon he's superior by a margin in the ruck department. Some of his hitouts to advantage are sublime.
Someone clearly said to him ,stop this ****en punching when no one within 20yards , Mark the ****en thing , Garth ditto
Garth will be dropped for menadue, we can use him is back half for a match up
Soldo clunked a couple” of nice marks later , must be persevered , Goldstein still a bloody good player and had a fair influence on the game

Yet again we have our opposition’s talls combine for 7 contested marks.

Our defence has just not been good enough this year. Specifically our talls as a unit. It’s already bad enough that we get defeated in the air in our own forward line and in contested possessions, but to get defeated in the air in our defence too is what is getting us smashed so regularly. The unit of Broad, Grimes, Astbury and Garthwaite have just not been Premiership standard. If we want to win a Premiership this year, then we either need significant improvements from them or we need to shake that group up. I really don’t know with who though.
Back line have been outstanding all year. Might have not had their best game last night but it all stems from getting smashed in the midfield and how quick North kicked it inside 50.
We need to move ball quicker and give our forwards the same chance.

Why what happened

Depends on how the MRO views it. Sydney player takes a mark going back with the flight, Hawkins puts his arm out to give him a nudge on the way through. Accidentally forearms him in the head and concedes a 50. If the MRO comes out with the decided to make contact, potential to cause injury etc then he's in trouble. Or they might flip a coin and say nah, nothing to see here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t believe supporters got banned for calling an ump a green maggot , hilarious .

Someone get a bunch of te shirts printed up with GREEN MAGGOT printed in big letters (like wham! With CHOOSE LIFE), sell them outside the g for 5 bucks each, watch the AFLs brain explode 🤯 when the camera pans around the crowd

Naish debuts. I don’t care if his spot is taken or whatever. He had another solid performance with 25 disposals and 3 goals. We can find him a place in the team somewhere
Naish only kicked 2, they gave Ballards goal in the first quarter to Naish.

Vlastuin given the all clear for his shot on Thompson.

Williams also given the all clear for the chicken win tackle on Higgins.

Have to agree with all of the hate for that stinking stadium, myself and two long time ''one eyed tiger'' mates finally received 'long awaited' wrist bands to go down into the rooms to greet the players after the game? Guess what, we went to the designated stairs or lifts above the rooms ,just before the finish and were told 'not now' go to gate 2! We ran 3 entrances around to get there- one third of the ground around and away from the rooms- and the 'blonk' on the gate that could not talk English says 'no no not here not here' gate 1 you need, so back we go and it was closed to go down, so back to the first entrance and security said 'you are to late'-so some well versed 'red hot' lingo had them 'toey' and some police had to steady the ship-we left- MARVEL stadium-''rot in hell'' Cheers Team, bring on the pussies, Go Tigers.

Frustrating watching us kick it so high last night and when we did lower our eyes, there was someone there to chop it off or we would kick it to the wrong side to advantage our guys

Frustrated with the amount of times the ball gets dropped when players would feel contact and the tackler would be pinged for holding the man. And more than once the ball was kicked away after we were awarded a free adn the umpire clearly had blown their whistle twice yet no 50 was given.

Loved Razors response when he copped the pill in the guts and his interaction with Garthwaite when he asked "are you talking to me"

Going to be interested to see if North can maintain what they've shown the last 2 weeks, or if they were just playing on emotion. Their VFL team knocking us off today makes me think they might go alright now that Scott has left.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & Toast vs North Melbourne Rd 11, 2019, & Changes for Geelong rd 12

Back