Round 1 - Richmond vs. Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to be a great game. Hopefully Judd and Cousins play on each other for a decent amount of time, will be interesting to see the two go at it. I think carlton will be too good for richmond, and will have run away with it in the last quarter.

Carlton by 6 goals.

BF will explode if Carlton don't win this after all the hype. haha

Obviously I think the Blues should be able to get up given our list and recent development. Hopefully we may even see Scotland and Walker back in the side, which will make up for the loss of Stevens. If Carlton don't get up, then I will be very dissapointed :(

This game is massively over-rated, because it's the first game of the season and the media's fascination with Cousins battle with drugs. There's a huge contrast between the 2 teams in terms of selection policy. Tiges will be playing 5 players well over 30, and likely no first gamers, whereas the Blues oldest player is 28, and will be playing 3 or 4 first gamers. Ratten is going to rely on raw talent and youth to overcome the massive advanatge the Tiges have in terms of experience. Finding it very hard to work out the Blues final 22 because there are so many players battling for positions i.e Hampson V Jacobs for the 2nd ruck, Joseph V Armfield V Browne V Anderson for the small defender role, Eddie V Yarran V Garlett for the small forward position. Also lots of competition for spots in the Blues powerful midfield rotation with Mitch Robinson having an outstanding pre-season, and Walker and Scotland returning for injury, plus Grigg likely to be available after a minor injury. I'd like to see Eddie, Yarran and Garlett all play, and Mitch Robinson debut as well, although a more conservative selection is more likely. The Blues preseason gameplan, has involved a lot more disposal by foot compared to every other team in the comp. I've watched a few Tiges preseason games this year, but still don't understand their gameplan or methodology. I guess we'll know a little more in a few days time. On a pure talent basis, the Blues should win this one very easily - 50 points or more, but anything can happen on the day in these early season game. Prediction - Blues by 58 points. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This game is massively over-rated, because it's the first game of the season and the media's fascination with Cousins battle with drugs. There's a huge contrast between the 2 teams in terms of selection policy. Tiges will be playing 5 players well over 30, and likely no first gamers, whereas the Blues oldest player is 28, and will be playing 3 or 4 first gamers. Ratten is going to rely on raw talent and youth to overcome the massive advanatge the Tiges have in terms of experience. Finding it very hard to work out the Blues final 22 because there are so many players battling for positions i.e Hampson V Jacobs for the 2nd ruck, Joseph V Armfield V Browne V Anderson for the small defender role, Eddie V Yarran V Garlett for the small forward position. Also lots of competition for spots in the Blues powerful midfield rotation with Mitch Robinson having an outstanding pre-season, and Walker and Scotland returning for injury, plus Grigg likely to be available after a minor injury. I'd like to see Eddie, Yarran and Garlett all play, and Mitch Robinson debut as well, although a more conservative selection is more likely. The Blues preseason gameplan, has involved a lot more disposal by foot compared to every other team in the comp. I've watched a few Tiges preseason games this year, but still don't understand their gameplan or methodology. I guess we'll know a little more in a few days time. On a pure talent basis, the Blues should win this one very easily - 50 points or more, but anything can happen on the day in these early season game. Prediction - Blues by 58 points. :)

It's not our fault that you have terrible depth. Listing hacks (Garlett isn't even elevated, either) doesn't count.

Eddie Betts is rubbish, Garlett will get killed.
Blues by 58 points? your settin yourself up for a big let down like you always do.

Same Shit, different day. When are you going to post something of worth?

Pretty sure we can bust up Garlett whenever we want because Warnock is LTI....

That's true. The HUN (I know not reliable) said that Judd expected Garlett to be a strong chance of playing round 1. We're in an unusual situation of having fantastic young players on the rookie list, hammering the door down for senior selection already. We are developing some awesome depth now, as we saw in the V Cats NAB game recently. :)

That's true. The HUN (I know not reliable) said that Judd expected Garlett to be a strong chance of playing round 1. We're in an unusual situation of having fantastic young players on the rookie list, hammering the door down for senior selection already. We are developing some awesome depth now, as we saw in the V Cats NAB game recently. :)

Melbourne must have awesome depth too, they almost beat the reigning premiers. :thumbsu:

Pretty sure we can bust up Garlett whenever we want because Warnock is LTI.

Blues, far too easily, 40 points.

Reckon it'll be a little tighter.

what-your-cyber-mate-may-really-look-like-2.jpg

Delusional

Anyone know if FEV is in some sort of doubt. I think he had a sore foot or ankle or something. Also Grigg, hamstring tightness.Their absence could be the difference bewteen winning & losing. But I do concede Richmond may be missing a few as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 1 - Richmond vs. Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back