Round 1 - Richmond vs. Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

This was an atrocious effort by Richmond, really disappointing. I expected alot more as I even went as far as tipping Richmond to win by 8 points...lol. Deledio was nowhere near top form, however Andrew Raines was a shining light...until he was chaired of the ground for a knee injury of some sort, hopefully Raines is ok, his form was top notch tonight, hopefully he plays next week and his knee is not in any sort fo serious bother.

TBH though, I feel worse for Ben Cousins then I do for Richmond as a whole. He comes out for his first home and away game in such a long time after such a hard road he had to conquer, and on his first day back he pulls the hamstring in the last quarter. I felt so bad for him, you could see the frustration on his face, was a horrible moment on top of a night where absolutely nothing went right for the tigers. We can only hope they come out next week and be a little more...competitive (to quote the great Dean Bailey lol). Good luck for the cats next week tiges, your gonna need it badly.

I can only hope Melbourne win on Sunday, let someone other then us be the laughing stock for a week lol. sorry, had to say it) GO DEES! ;)

Edit: Ohh and BTW...Terry Wallace needs to be sacked! he has no idea...

It's not our fault that you have terrible depth. Listing hacks (Garlett isn't even elevated, either) doesn't count.
Yep terrible depth we have:p
Robinson 3 goals on debut, Garlett & Joseph are great pick ups and Simmonds been towelled by first gamer jacobs:D
To think we still have Stevens, Carrazzo, Walker, Grigg, Fisher & to a lesser extent Warnock on the sidelines I don't think depth is a problem:rolleyes:
Richmond on the other hand.....

OK, I'm actually feeling sorry for the Tiges after that game. It was real nasty. I've decided to come up with a 7 day action plan to get their Club back on track. Here goes....

1. Sack Terry immediately
2. Retire Simonds, Bowden, Johnson, Brown immediately
3. Sack the Club Dr
4. Play at least 3 first gamers next week
5. Employ a skills coach
6. Teach the whole list how to tackle.

:)

Nathan Brown???

Hell no dude.

Agree though that Tiges should do something BIG NOW!!

Honeslty they will be 3 - 0 with about 40% sitting on the bottom after round 3. terry should go now hasnt got the players with him.

Bowden should never play again just play youngsters.

Get rid of cousins too bad media, keeps youngster out of team.

But what will happen??? NOTHING the tiges will continue with wallace cousins, bowden, simmonds all the other 30+ year olds and finish 14 - 16, then have to start 2010 with a brand new coach, no youngsters blooded and some very angry supporters.

What is the point of putting off the inevitable?? seriously?

Bloody hell! I tipped the tigers to win by 20odd....... playing against a side with 4debutaunts, half a Fev (tho he was still pretty good around the 50 with his work) That was shite, really shite, laughable. Man, I'm still speechless at that effort from a side who wants to play finals. Tiges would struggle to make the 8 if it was an 8 team competition. Richmond skills coach would only be marginally better than the Eagles skills coach (assuming we had one:mad:)
Poor. But pretty normal.
I cant believe the tiges let such an important game slip. ROFLTANK:thumbsu:
May just give up 9th spot :D

yes it's round 1, but what's the point of Richmond contendind when they do that?
They have a decent list and they go out there against an arguably weaker opposition
(in terms of experience) and do what?? Where's the fire? The Passion?
Horrible display by Richmond and i feel for Terry Wallace coz he's gonna get all the blame, maby even spat on....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are some very ordinary footballers in that line-up.

I fail to see how Carlton can progress as a finals side with Russell, Houlihan, Cloke, Betts, Hadley and Wiggins in their 22.
:eek: Well done Mr. Vache.

Betts - 5 goals.
Hadley - 12 tackles
Wiggins - Some people's BOG.

Oh well, I remember writing off Campbell, Ladson, Williams, Guerra, Sewell...

It's official - Foley doesn't know how to kick a football. Was atrocious. He got the yips so bad, he was trying to handball to someone else at every opportunity - bit like Kane Johnson. Deledio's kicking skills weren't much better. Do they actually have a skills coach down at Tigerland? Might be something for Tiges supporters to put in to their club's "Suggestion Box". :)

Huge worry. 67 points kicked against them by a forward line containing Richo, Brown, Morton, Riewoldt. A forward line that apparently is superior to Carlton's forward line. Go figure.

Nope - just went invisible.

Go the blues, great performance, what was it that kevin sheedy said? something about richmond being able to win the flag this year.....i think essendon got rid of him at the right time he starting to get delusional.

Richmond battling for the wooden spoon this year, they have gotten nowhere in the last 5 years, there skills are still pathetic.

Carlton looking good, in a few years they will win a granny

:eek: Well done Mr. Vache.

Betts - 5 goals.
Hadley - 12 tackles
Wiggins - Some people's BOG.

Oh well, I remember writing off Campbell, Ladson, Williams, Guerra, Sewell...

I was thinking of your post during the game. good to see you have a sense of humour :D

I bagged White before the game also, thought he was Richmonds best.

Richmond Football Club!! SPUDS!! seriously they are a bunch of spuds... 6 months of preperation and to have absolutely poor skills at this level isn't acceptable.. Just wat were they doing of the pre season.. Maybe having a few crackies with the cuz..

You know wat the funniest thing was carlton supporters.. People wrote off Judd cause he had groin surgery but praised Cousins to be the next big thing at tiger land.. hahah.. showed heaps last night didnt it... Should see cousins back in about a months time but wouldnt be surprised if i dnt see him at all this year..

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 1 - Richmond vs. Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back