Preview Round 11, 2018: Hawthorn v Port Adelaide, 2 June 2018, 2.10pm @ UTas Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did O'Brien really earn a call up? Can only recall him clunking a mark on the wing in the VFL match...
Obrien has never played well enough at vfl level to earn a senior game imo. He is poor - to acceptable at best at both levels. Never seen him play good - great.

Obrien has never played well enough at vfl level to earn a senior game imo. He is poor - to acceptable at best at both levels. Never seen him play good - great.

His games against West Coast and Melbourne last year were absolutely immense and show enough potential, at his best he's quick, mobile and has sticky hands - he also makes a lot of contests and is pretty handy when he gets to jump in the ruck.

His games against West Coast and Melbourne last year were absolutely immense and show enough potential, at his best he's quick, mobile and has sticky hands - he also makes a lot of contests and is pretty handy when he gets to jump in the ruck.
They were good games but let's not go overboard about them you would expect more like that than he has produced.

He has yet to live up to expectations so far.

Hodgey's 2008 gf was immense.

we need to put Timmy in some colored glasses were he thinks that he is playing melbourne each week

Schoey is better value in my opinion so its a shame he isnt available

Would have preferred to keep Lewis in

Looks at the In's... ToB
b33aed46393ecd9e67a772033892163a.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

24 year old player who is being defended by his performances in 2 games. That’s not a great sign.

Lewis isn't ready, Schoey is injured/rested this week so Timmy it is

Tassie suits him, has the space to run and get on the end of the kick, averages a goal a game down there, really comes down to whether our midfield turns up before half time as to whether we are in with a shot anyway

Too much focus on TOB.... The following forwards will dictate whether we win or not:
  1. Roughead is going to have to put in from the start, not just when the game is out of reach or in junk time and forget about being likeable and hugging the opposition captain before the coin toss..
  2. Breust needs to break out of his little funk, goaless 2 weeks in a row.... Usually plays well in Tassie so I'll mark him down for at least 3+ goals.
  3. Gunston had a downer last week, but I expect him to bounce back - needs to hit the scorebord.

Fair whack of negativity on here

TOB playing isn’t going to be the difference between a win and a loss here

Port are as inconsistent as anyone , as likely to play the game of the season tomorrow as they are to play an absolute shocker

Not saying we will win but we aren’t without a chance

Tassie suits him, has the space to run and get on the end of the kick, averages a goal a game down there, really comes down to whether our midfield turns up before half time as to whether we are in with a shot anyway

A goal a game wow that's some sort of stat.

Oh great, a Launceston game. They’re always so good to watch.
It’s going to be cold as!.... windy & a perfect shit fight of a day.
I’d be surprised if anyone gets over 70 points.
Riveting viewing for all to be had as long as they are distracted with a beer & good company.
#borntoleavetassie

I actually don't disagree with you, Mitch Lewis looks a better long term prospect but was just half pace and a few kgs off it on the weekend, signs are pretty positive though. Schoey would be my pick, I feel he straightens us up more but I am just starting to accept theres an immense crush on TOB within the 4 walls of the footy club and we have to accept it.

I actually don't disagree with you, Mitch Lewis looks a better long term prospect but was just half pace and a few kgs off it on the weekend, signs are pretty positive though. Schoey would be my pick, I feel he straightens us up more but I am just starting to accept theres an immense crush on TOB within the 4 walls of the footy club and we have to accept it.

Good. Then just accept that then.

Schoey was not available for selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back