Autopsy Round 11, 2023: St.Kilda v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

For all the Einstein's blaming Higgins, his hand is ****ed, stepped on last week, dislocated finger this week.

Look at the mids first and foremost,candidates the spread. Totally and completely smashed in the mids and on the spread.

We will be lucky to make finals. Until we get quality mids( and not Half Back Flankers) we will remain a mid field team.

The honeymoon is over Ross.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I could have taken that mark with one hand tied behind my back.

It was Weak as piss

If this is a year of exploration than I pray the coaches and Silvagni have seen by now our midfield core group of Steele 28, Ross 30 and Crouch 29 are not taking us to the promise land.

Shouldn't have to take Sincs from his all Australian backline role to inject a spark in the guts. Seb is done imo, Steele and crouch still have some footy left but they are one paced inside mids that get killed by younger quicker mids.

Phillipou, Windhager, Byrnes, Bytel, Hotton, Gresham need to be the next crop on top of a draft where we are targeting pacey mids.

Last edited:
RTB said our players do around 15 hours a week at the club it’s a joke
it’s the same players that let us down after the bye last year
Steele. Ross. Howard Gresh. Hill

Obviously they need down time to refresh and recooperate, but perhaps that is not enough time or exposure to prepare them mentally? I dont know what the leading clubs do, but it is not working at our club and needs to be reviewed. They have consistently proven to be a mentally weak group - it simply needs to be addressed.

I could have taken that mark with one hand tied behind my back.

It was Weak as piss

I've played with a dislocated finger before and it doesn't stop you catching a ball, it might hurt but it's still no excuse for dropping it.

Anyway we can't blame that loss solely on Higgins, there were plenty of other reasons why we lost that game.

If this is a year of exploration than I pray the coaches and Silvagni have seen by now our midfield core group of Steele 28, Ross 30 and Crouch 29 are not taking us to the promise land.

Shouldn't have to take Sincs from his all Australian backline role to inject a spark in the guts. Seb is done imo, Steele and crouch still have some footy left but they are one paced inside mids that get killed by younger quicker mids.

Phillipou, Windhager, Bytel, Hotton, Gresham need to be the next crop on top of a draft where we are targeting mids.

Owens needs to be part of that next generation midfield mix too, there is not as much need for him to play up forward with King back in the team now.

Faaaaaark this loser organisation. My mum died suddenly this week. Nothing is more fitting than these pack of losers doing what they do best right when it hurts the most. I hate this club.

There is 1 thing more certain in life than death and taxes, and that is St.Kilda FC being the worst organisation in all of sporting history.

It's torture barracking for these bums. 3 generations wasted. Get faaaaaarked. Not watching any games again this year. Wish we didn't even bother to tease. Just finish last already and save as all the time u caaaaaants.
Really sorry to hear about your mum.

Yep I agree mate. Just have to weed out the types that will never take their game to the next level. Thought they'd turned a corner after the first month of footy but since then it's been L W L W L W L and we are playing some junk footy. It's concerning at the very least.

There are a few factors that make it more difficult to sustain. I think we hit the ground primed and full of energy with a new set up and also jumped a few sides that weren't yet in the same headspace. Other coaches started to take us seriously and then set themselves to unravel us rather than get jumped.

Now we have a few sore bodies, the initial fitness advantage has worn off and injury has hit the most vulnerable part of our set up. We we probably over achieving early and now we are seeing us at around our true level.

We are back in a pack with a heap of other sides. To me there are a few tiers

Tier one: Premiership contenders- Geelong, Brisbane, Melbourne, Collingwood in no order. Port on the fringes.

Tier two: Top 8 contenders who could make a jump or drop out depending on form and fixture- St Kilda, Adelaide, Dogs, Port, Freo, Carlton, Sydney, Gold Coast.

Tier three: Just off the next pack but still capable of knocking off the snoozers and those below- Hawks, Richmond, GWS.

Tier four- Not very competitive and going for draft picks- West Coast, North Melbourne.

I've played with a dislocated finger before and it doesn't stop you catching a ball, it might hurt but it's still no excuse for dropping it.

Anyway we can't blame that loss solely on Higgins, there were plenty of other reasons why we lost that game.

Owens needs to be part of that next generation midfield mix too, there is not as much need for him to play up forward with King back in the team now.
Owen's and Windhager need to be playing in the midfield / and Higgins causes some dramas but that is just him and we need characters like him in the team - he is our best goal scoring small - he is not the only guy that has dropped a chest mark.

Lol 15 hrs
I do that in a day and a half ffs

No wonder we looked lazy

Didn’t watch yesterday but it’s been evident that the list on the whole lacks dynamism and we’re somewhat soft.

The wheels fell off last year when we lost d-Mac and we look a completely different outfit without Mitchito.

Our biggest issue right now is our midfield. Not one of them is a match winner.

Club needs to make the call on Seb & start playing Owens, Phillipou and Windhager more.

I’d be inclined to do the same with Crouch and give Bytel his minutes but for Crouch’s solid numbers this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He also gives them 2 days off post game, and given most of our games are on Sundays it means the players are at the club Wednesday Thursday Friday for 5 hours each day, lol.

Feel like he has to reign it in a bit now. He's trying to create a high trust environment but they've shown they can't be trusted. Haven't won two games in a row since Round 5.

I think if Windhager and Bytel make it we probably don't need to throw Owens in there especially if they favour Owens over Membrey now but will be interesting to see Owens evolve either way because he was drafted as a mid.

The game is changing with the physicality being watered down and its playing to the hands of speed and spread type players. Look at Zak Butters at 77kg he is awesome on the burst but also has the ability to crack in and win his own footy.

Olli Hotton we drafted last year is the exact type of player we need so hopefully he shows a bit.

Key stocks are pretty loaded now. I'd be going hard on quick mids this draft. Thats where we are getting destroyed in games. The fact that they are looking at Paddy Dow suggest they realise this also.

Just about to settle in and watch the replay.

Main thing I'll be trying to figure out is how APPARENTLY we are so s***, how so many of our players are totally useless, how the game plan is shot, how come the coaching staff can't the obvious solutions that everyone on here can see and that the administration from the President down are totally incompetent and yet

and yet

and yet

we were 20 points up early in the last and dropped mark away from pretty much sealing the game

and yet

we are 5th on the ladder sitting 7/4 and with a very healthy %.

OuluDidn’t watch yesterday but it’s been evident that the list on the whole lacks dynamism and we’re somewhat soft.

The wheels fell off last year when we lost d-Mac and we look a completely different outfit without Mitchito.

Our biggest issue right now is our midfield. Not one of them is a match winner.

Club needs to make the call on Seb & start playing Owens, Phillipou and Windhager more.

I’d be inclined to do the same with Crouch and give Bytel his minutes but for Crouch’s solid numbers this year.
Mind boggles when they say Windhager needs to work on some things but senior players can go weeks of poor performances. Meanwhile Hawthorn, Suns, Kangas etc are pumping AFL games into high end young talented mids

They don't have the conviction to drop Seb because he is in the leadership group and probably a good on field leader with his voice because Steele doesn't say anything. We desperately need a new look midfield. Our midfield have cooked Brett Ratten and they will cook you too RTB if you dont have some balls.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back