Game Day Round 11, 2023 vs Richmond at MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
from the AFL Game thread

Richmond have been able to stem the tide in the second term by being more efficient when kicking the ball in their defensive half, lifting their kicking efficiency from 69 per cent to 79 per cent. This is the first quarter in 2023 that they've held an opponent goalless.

Unless our very best are flying we're bog average.

Far too many SANFL at best players out there today.

Mead is pointless. Thinks he's good but he's vanilla and a nothing sort.

Bonner is again actively trying to avoid any sort of contact. He even slows down when chasing just so he doesn;t have to tackle.

DBJ, Rioli and McEntee are doing nothing and I don't know if Drew has even touched the ball.

Burton needs to start trying to attack the ball instead of stopping and pushing his opponent every time.

Ken needs to find a spark quickly.

Having 2 wingers who are doing nothing is hurting a lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless our very best are flying we're bog average.

Far too many SANFL at best players out there today.

Mead is pointless. Thinks he's good but he's vanilla and a nothing sort.

Bonner is again actively trying to avoid any sort of contact. He even slows down when chasing just so he doesn;t have to tackle.

DBJ, Rioli and McEntee are doing nothing and I don't know if Drew has even touched the ball.

Burton needs to start trying to attack the ball instead of stopping and pushing his opponent every time.

Ken needs to find a spark quickly.

Having 2 wingers who are doing nothing is hurting a lot.
Yeah I've been a Bonner defender the last few years but he's back to his worst today.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

After a great first quarter, that was really disappointing and some of the worst footy we’ve played since round 3.

They out-hunted, out-worked, out-pressured and easily out-ran us.

We had far too many players with a defensive mindset in contests which resulted in us conceding front position to win the ball.
Burton exemplified that with a really negative mindset against Grimes who has killed him. If only Burton - and the other forwards - played in front we would have been much more capable of keeping the ball in our front half.

Thought we defended their spread from HB and stoppage exceptionally poorly.

Overall, it looked like we had choked drinking our own bath water against a team with too many very good players to keep down. We’re just lucky they butchered shots on goal, although we haven’t done better.

Individually, Wines is our best so far. He’s the one mid who has defended their attempts to clear the ball from stoppage. Rozee has also played well. Drew has been completely unsighted. Didn’t even see him through that quarter. Butters and JHF have been lively but less effective than you’d hope. JHF had a number of poor decisions and kicking errors. Can’t believe that someone of his quality wouldn’t have a shot from 50.

Jones and Farrell are our best two behind the ball.
SPP and Lord probably best up forward. McEntee has been good defensively but his fumbling is costly.

We have an issue on the wings. Mead is as vanilla as they come and Bonner is back to the scaredy pants, unreliable version of pre-2021.

Lycett good, but Nankervis even better.

Tough second half coming up because we refuse to keep up the momentum and intensity when we had it at QT.

Don't mind Richmond getting back into the game I want to see Port work hard for any win. I can already see the conceit emerging in this club on the back of 7 wins in a row. Can't stand it when I see Port getting g ahead of themselves they have achieved absolutely nothing yet.

Mead just doesn’t look.. just bombs it..

How he gets a game.. bizarre

Must be the surname
Agree. He’s not taking his chances well enough. He’s a fourth year player. Needs to adapt more quickly to the pace of AFL level when given chances. Just doesn’t look like breaking out from being mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back