Review Round 11, 2023 vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to give Richmond some credit - their appealing to umpires is probably the most persistent I've seen outside the Indian cricket team
Yep constant appeals for LBW for balls pitching outside leg stump and the dodgy home umpiring giving the finger.

To play so poorly and still beat Richmond at the G is a positive. Our goal kicking is beyond bad, has kept the opposition in games for weeks now. It will cost us dearly at the business end. I watched a game of country footy yesterday and I swear they are better in front of goal than most of these AFL types.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Really fellas you guys have been flogged by the umpires this year but you got a good run at it today which was so predictable given you were playing us

Tough day for the umps to decide between 2 sides they don't like giving free kicks to.

If only they could always have the Bulldogs 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tough day for the umps to decide between 2 sides they don't like giving free kicks to.

If only they could always have the Bulldogs 😉
Would have to check but think you had seven shots on goal from frees just failed to convert
So as always it not always how many but where you get them and you come out way in front on both counts today

I thought we played well to win the ball in a lot of contests and stoppages, but it was our finishing that was poor, especially inside 50 that hurt us.

Some of our make shift forwards aren't great kickers of the footy and whilst the ball was a piece of soap at times, our forwards weren't very clean when trying to get hold of the footy.

Richmond are still loaded up with a lot of bloody good footballers, this talk that they are dudes, is crap.

They are just like Dimma, somewhat burnt out. In September 2017 I coined their style of play The Tigers Perpetual Motion Machine. They have been playing that way for 6 full seasons and now in the 7th, the wear and tear of playing that way has just caught up with them. That's a big reason why they can't win close games. That style is prone to making errors and they need superior fitness to maintain it and beat the oppo. You can tell their star performers - Cotchin, Dusty, Riewoldt, Nank, Balta, Grimes, Prestia, D Rioli, Baker etc are struggling to deliver it week in week out, year in year out for long enough. Its probably why they have too much dependence on Shai Bolton and Tom Lynch to get them over the line.

They will upset a few of the other top 8 sides before the season is over, so to beat them at the MCG, even winning ugly, is a good win.

Can someone please explain to me why the handful of Richmond supporters that showed up today decided that booing a Port player that left North Melbourne justified their low-IQ warbling?

I understand him living rent free in the heads of the average Norf bogan, but has it really spread faster in Victoria than land taxes?

Can someone please explain to me why the handful of Richmond supporters that showed up today decided that booing a Port player that left North Melbourne justified their low-IQ warbling?

I understand him living rent free in the heads of the average Norf bogan, but has it really spread faster in Victoria than land taxes?
The extreme left hand side of the normal distribution curve provides the answer.

Good win Bloody good win.

So many times in the reign of King Hinks we would have bottled that even when we were on one of those up years.

Lord great again doing what he is told. Often taking the best defender making it a contest, bringing it down. Has it in him to take a grab if we switch it up though. Gives his all on the ground too.

Mac and Cheese was fantastic too. Some important tackles and getting to contests.

One thing is for sure, as slow as he is Scott Lycett is our best option in ruck. At least Lycett makes a physical contest and looking at Teakle, Visentini and Hayes yesterday they are not up to it. I doubt that we would have won last week and again this week if Lycett had not been there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back