Review Round 11, 2023 vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone please explain to me why the handful of Richmond supporters that showed up today decided that booing a Port player that left North Melbourne justified their low-IQ warbling?

I understand him living rent free in the heads of the average Norf bogan, but has it really spread faster in Victoria than land taxes?
Think you know.

Can someone please explain to me why the handful of Richmond supporters that showed up today decided that booing a Port player that left North Melbourne justified their low-IQ warbling?

I understand him living rent free in the heads of the average Norf bogan, but has it really spread faster in Victoria than land taxes?
Richmond fans really need to remember that if not for the free movement of players they would never have had legendary defender Troy Chaplin for four precious years.

Would instead have been lumped with has-beens and sh*t birds of the Matt White and Jay Schulz calibre.

One thing is for sure, as slow as he is Scott Lycett is our best option in ruck. At least Lycett makes a physical contest and looking at Teakle, Visentini and Hayes yesterday they are not up to it. I doubt that we would have won last week and again this week if Lycett had not been there.

Which one of Hayes 3 goals being played up forward was it that proved that he can't ruck? He's still the best ruck on the list.

AFL really has issues with umpiring, too many out there and they really need to look at how there's some of the rules are being interpreted.

Is there a focus on protecting the head, or are they calling play on when a player lowers the head. Too many players getting rewarded for sticking their heads in positions you'd teach kids not to do.

Taking out the knees seems to be a flip of a coin.

Dropping or spilling the ball in tackles another they seem to make up on the fly.

I didn't notice the booing that much at the game. Far less than previous games in Melbourne.

I feel like we have no one in this team who can reliably lock a goal from more than 35m out. Finlayson is a shocking kick from beyond about 30m. Hasn't hit one all year.

I didn't think Bonner was that bad. He played his role pretty well, ran pretty hard and used the ball reasonably.

Mead is just too slow to be a wingman. Maybe too slow to be an AFL footballer generally.

Backline was all very good across the board. Midfield was also good. Forward was a disaster.

Does one barrack for the crows so we're second?

Ice T No GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

You just know there is a nuffie on Facebook getting around saying saying herp derp established May 2023

Graeme Goodings?

Few points

- Williams seemed to struggle today, few turnovers and looked nervous. Came back later in the game

-Farrel was big with the handball receives and great delivery

-Small forward pressure was great

-Rioli shit me with the lack of aeiral contest.

-Lycett was important. would like to see Teake and Lycett one day.

-Mead got a quick handball and tidy quick. But lacks pace and hurt factor. If he doesn't play onball not sure if will make it . Would like to see Sinn come in for his role in the next few weeks.

- Love lord contest. Hopefully allows Dixon to get his knees right and rest if need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EIGHT ON THE TROT BABYYYYYY
That’s the main positive I could take from the game, I struggle to assess who played well individually when I’m at a game but the innacuracy in front of goals might have soured that one from being as enjoyable as it could’ve been

The inexplicable booing of Jason Horne-Francis was an absolute disgrace. On a day on which the Richmond Football Club should have honored the efforts of Damien Hardwick a significant number of Richmond supporters bought shame on their club. Hopefully the RFC will do the honorable thing and condemn this unsporting behaviour.

Maybe it was the MCG acoustics and the larger Richmond crowd but I thought the booing was louder and more prolonged than last week. Time for the AFL to act on this issue.

One thing I will say about Mead is that least he kicked his goal. In a game like that having one opportunity and taking it is admirable.

Farrell was really good and that was Jones best game for some time. Williams and Bergman were both down. Burton was pretty putrid. Not sure why they moved him onto Martin.

Jonas coming back once again creates some selection headaches

One thing I will say about Mead is that least he kicked his goal. In a game like that having one opportunity and taking it is admirable.

Farrell was really good and that was Jones best game for some time. Williams and Bergman were both down. Burton was pretty putrid. Not sure why they moved him onto Martin.

Jonas coming back once again creates some selection headaches
Burton’s Positioning at forward is horrendous, it’s also messing up his reads in defence.

Burton’s Positioning at forward is horrendous, it’s also messing up his reads in defence.
All the forwards were playing behind today. So many kicks into forward 50 dropped in front and allowed Richmond to run it out. A better team would have made us pay on that

That was as agonising as a fully charged AED jolting your nutsack back to life. The 2nd Qtr was a friendly reminder just how quickly we can revert back to Hinkley Ball, imitating West Coast at there worse.

We clearly need more depth if we have to keep regurgitating Mead & Bonner every second week. Mead looks like an SANFL journeyman, while Bonner continues to diligently find new ways of avoiding any type body contact.

Lord needs to be encouraged to play more in front, but I think the kid has the tools to make it.

Burton had an absolute mare, & looked all at sea up forward & down back.

At the end of the day, happy to take the 4 points & move on to next week.

Or maybe not. It’s frustrating how quickly Crows have bounced back from their wooden spoon but it sure highlights the underperforming of teams like Carlton Saints and Norf over recent years
Have they?
Let’s take Port as a comparison. Our worst season was 2011, we came last but one.
3 years later we finished 3rd on the ladder.
That was with the shitty drafts caused by GWS and GCS.

In a similar timeline the Crows will possibly scrape into finals with plenty of high picks.

Seems par to me.

Sad news out of Melbourne with beloved footy commentator Anthony Hudson launching civil action against the AFL Umpire Association for emotional damage. Sources say Garry Lyon and Nafe Buckley will also file similar suits.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back