Autopsy Round 11, 2024 : Hawks poach the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Very impressive win.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, we look very vulnerable when things don't go our way, and that happened in the third.
Rather than grind it out, we attacked our way out of it

Breust is done. The way the players got around him after that last kick was not a standard goal celebration

That was the fame we expected from chol. Ran and tackled hard, took some good marks

Calsher again showing the other forwards how to lead. The moment a forward takes a mark on the lead these days, it completely opens up the forward line

Credit to the umps. They woke the fans up. That first half was as quiet as I've heard a footy game, but when the fix came in we rocked the joint!

Gunston, Chol and Dear - finally got a full complement of forwards yo kick a score. Breust composure in final term.

Day is our best player.

D'Ambrosio is a gun and along with Amon and Jiath we have an outside game to go with our inside mids.

Sic and Scrimshaw back

We really could be close to the 8 right now. We could still really be close to the 8 come the end of the season.

They must envy us

Not sure we need tonnes of pieces to be a real contender.. If Dear continues to develop and McCabe becomes a quality interceptor, we’re not that far off the very best.
I love what CJ brings, he’s not just dynamic, he’s very assured, he and Weddle provide great drive.. Sheamus is doing a good lock down job.. I’m really excited about this list..
Worpel is in the conversation as being an A grade clearance player and Day’s quality and versatility are through the roof..
Genuinely think this team, as it’s assembled can go places.. Smith could be icing as a burst goal kicking mid surging forward which we don’t have a lot of..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Being a Hawks supporter is becoming something to be proud of again

With all the flags most of us have seen there's never a time to not be proud to be a Hawk.

80e835298fb435da0eec7415fa617459.jpg

0da63ba0316d51dbbd9ec801b356544d.jpg

Mabior Blade Chol is starting to look like a great pickup.

Our trading from the past two years has been brilliant. Meek Ginniven Dambrosio Amon and Blade all big contributors for the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good bounce back from the 3rd qtr dominance of Brisbane. When teams play that dour kick mark style we really struggle to turn the ball over.

Good little run we’ve had and really should’ve won our last 4 on the bounce, plenty of winnable games coming up between now and round 16 too, Crows, Giants in Tassie feel gettable, Richmond then the bye, into WCE over there. Should really be setting ourselves for this 3 week block to leave nothing on the table and if we can get a good return (3/4) we can absolutely start eyeing off a spot in the 8

Good bounce back from the 3rd qtr dominance of Brisbane. When teams play that dour kick mark style we really struggle to turn the ball over.

Good little run we’ve had and really should’ve won our last 4 on the bounce, plenty of winnable games coming up between now and round 16 too, Crows, Giants in Tassie feel gettable, Richmond then the bye, into WCE over there. Should really be setting ourselves for this 3 week block to leave nothing on the table and if we can get a good return (3/4) we can absolutely start eyeing off a spot in the 8
3/4 feels very gettable out of that run of games.

That would have us at 7/8 and I reckon 12 wins gets you in this year so not without a sneaky chance of winning 5 more in the run home.

Our % is awful though which makes it even harder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 11, 2024 : Hawks poach the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back