Injury Round 11 Injury News and Speculation

Remove this Banner Ad

Swan2Didak

Debutant
Aug 4, 2010
Bella Vista
AFL Club
Collingwood
Clearly the champ is playing injured, is it better for us to rest him for a few weeks or risk him aggrovating his injury?

Wasn't sure where to put this, so mods feel free to merge/move.:thumbsu:

Re: Dane Swan

Clearly the champ is playing injured, is it better for us to rest him for a few weeks or risk him aggrovating his injury?

If he is injured, then he's only playing ebcause the medicos and footy department think it's no further damage can occur.
Personally, and I have only gut feeling and eyes to support this, that he has an off-field issue which is weighing on his mind. May be completely off track though.

Looks a bad cork or possibly hip or ankle injury(injury we can't see strapped). Swanny doesn't look to have that same explosive speed of the mark we all know he has.

Obviously the sports science guys know best and I have faith in them he is OK. I expect him to play this weekend and then miss the Dees game to give him almost 3 weeks off before the Swans game.

Collingwood obviously believe that Swannie can't worsen his condition by playing, I don't think he will get rested especially since the bye is only weeks away.

Swan at 70% is still better than 3/4 of the mids in the competition.

You would think the Melbourne game would be the one Swanny would be rested from, as it is 21 days from this Saturday Nights game against the Aints until the game in Sydney after the bye.

That would give Swan plenty of time to rest and recuperate for the run into the finals.:)

Haha, the way you have articulated this shows your leaning... No one is going to say, "It is better for us to risk him aggravating his injury."

I think we should rest him though to the break at least. We should be able to get through Stk and Mel without him. He needs to be right at the business end of the season.

Collingwood obviously believe that Swannie can't worsen his condition by playing, I don't think he will get rested especially since the bye is only weeks away.

Swan at 70% is still better than 3/4 of the mids in the competition.

Whether or not I agree with this, it is still irrelevant. Swan at 70% is not as good as Swan at 100%, and for us to win a flag, we will need eveyone at 100%. Whatever it takes to get him to 100%. If that means rest, or play, then do it.

Whether or not I agree with this, it is still irrelevant. Swan at 70% is not as good as Swan at 100%, and for us to win a flag, we will need eveyone at 100%. Whatever it takes to get him to 100%. If that means rest, or play, then do it.

Obviously, and if it is obvious to us it would be to the club. If the club thought a long rest would be beneficial he would have been rested by now. (see Jolly)

Given that we have been told that several players are to be sent to Arizona during the break thanks to the bye, and given that the experts say that 11 days is the minimum to get any benefit from the altitude variations. If Swanny is carrying an injury then he would probably be a candidate for this trip so maybe he will be rested for the Melb. game along with the others to get the full benefit from Arizona.

Sounds and looks like he's battling a corky. Lack of power in the leg, I'm not sure resting him would make his recovery any quicker. Also the Arizona thing is speculation (in terms of Swan heading over). I'm not sure the club has actually named the players they are thinking of sending over, the media have just come to the conclusion Swan is one of them. He very well might be though.

It's just good luck that both Melb and St Kilda have their first string ruckmen missing, gives Cam a good shot against some similarly skilled opponents.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3p8PMAg_Cg
Looks like Leroy is training in the footage in this interview.

Should be a solid chance to play.

Yep, very happy seeing the great man running around there, and with 4 days still for him to recuperate, you would think Leeroy plays this week.

I actually think we need Leigh back in the side, we have been lacking a 3rd marking forward since he got injured, and without the Caff we haven't really had an option to replace Leeroy.

Channel 10 reporting that Brown will return this week. Good news if true.

Took me a minute to process that they were talking about Leigh and not Nathan.

At first I was like :eek: then I was all like :( and then I remembered what the Anvil is capable of :D

Took me a minute to process that they were talking about Leigh and not Nathan.

At first I was like :eek: then I was all like :( and then I remembered what the Anvil is capable of :D

Edited to save future confusion and emoticon proliferation.

I didn't hear it myself, but apparently Geoff Walsh, speaking on SEN just said that Dane Swan and "several other players" will be heading to Arizona after this weekend, and will miss the Melbourne match.

Good news, Swanny gets 2 weekends off, a trip to Arizona and some intensive rehab at altitude while there.:)

Was 4 players of which three are not playing at the moment plus Swanny. Then hear sumone ringing up saying we are disrepecting Melbourne by not playing our best player lol.I figure it's Jolly,Nate Brown and Swanny.Any idea who the fourth person is?Perhaps Leigh Brown?

I didn't hear it myself, but apparently Geoff Walsh, speaking on SEN just said that Dane Swan and "several other players" will be heading to Arizona after this weekend, and will miss the Melbourne match.

Good news, Swanny gets 2 weekends off, a trip to Arizona and some intensive rehab at altitude while there.:)

Don't think there will be many players from the 1sts going. It is crucial we have a win against Melbourne.

Was 4 players of which three are not playing at the moment plus Swanny. Then hear sumone ringing up saying we are disrepecting Melbourne by not playing our best player lol.I figure it's Jolly,Nate Brown and Swanny.Any idea who the fourth person is?Perhaps Leigh Brown?

Caff or Johnson?

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure Jolly isn't going.

He wants to spend time with his family, especially over the mid season break, and he is basically over his injury anyway, so a trip to Arizona wouldn't have a massive effect on his recovery.

My guess would be;

Swan
N.Brown
MaCaffer
Johnson
Thomas/Sinclair (one of the youngsters, if not both)

Rest Swanny please. Saints play sniffing b*ms footy and they will hit us with everything they think they have. This point of season do everything right and plot the course to back to back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Round 11 Injury News and Speculation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back