Review Round 12, 2024 vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

As I said in the pre-game thread we shouldn't have played Dixon or Soldo and played an extra small.

Don't think it would have made any difference though. For someone who has all these learning he sure does seem to repeat the same mistakes.

Evans is on the podium as the worst player to be fielded in the AFL side.

If you look in the dictionary for 'plod' it's just a picture of Evans. I don't think I have ever seen him take more than one step with the ball

Sam Skinner v Evans would be an interesting running race. My money would be on skinner

Boak is a loser. Always has been, always will be. He's absolutely pathetic.
Oh please, if he went and played at Geelong when they tried to pick him up he'd be considered an AFL legend by now. He has his limitations but in better teams it would have been less noticeable. He's been a solid warrior for us, yeah probably time to hang them but to say he's absolutely pathetic, is absolutely pathetic.

You forgot ya mate Marshall.. thoughts?

Lol you’ve been levelling dumb ass bullshit claims non stop on this thread, calling him worse than Dixon etc.

you’re an absurd caricature.

Todd was the least of our issues. Never got a one on one while down the other end they find one on ones galore (despite us recruiting an army of key defenders) Got to contests. Got a clutch goal and goal assist from a damn good kick out of that cluster**** of a game.

In any other forward line we would be playing to his strengths and hitting him one on one or on the lead. But we’re not, we’re the least efficient forward line in a gameplan that hampers our kfs, especially those not called Charlie Dixon, and Todd’s still competing.

I'm intrigued as to what the fabled "succession plan" is going to yield. I don't see our midfield grabbing games by the horns (pun intended) when they're there to be won. If we continue with our policy of nepotism, we're never going to see any new ideas or methods, regardless of who's in Donuts' chair.
This. Carr is no better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Timmy basically said that a lot of our guys were soft when it really mattered and that when Jack was coaching, he would tell the players are half time that the Port fans know when you take small steps or when you go off the line of the ball or don't back into a pack and then lamented that we needed that hardness in the team because we've lost it.

No he doesn’t.. I saw him pull out from numerous contests.. he’s not even remotely competitive..

There was ball to be won at half forward southern end.. where he had the chance to win a footy and got beaten by a more desperate Boyd? Cincotta?.. sums him up..
Yep, was in front of me. Todd did not want to know about it.

Dixon or no Dixon his efforts just aren’t good enough

He's a confidence player, and right or wrong, he plays a lot better when the big lug is not out there.

FFS ... I've been a massive critic of Marshall's game, particularly his softness, over the years, but I also like to be a bit more considered than a lot of the "there's only black or white, there's no shades of gray" types around here. No trade until we can trial him Dixonless for an extended period.

Oh please, if he went and played at Geelong when they tried to pick him up he'd be considered an AFL legend by now. He has his limitations but in better teams it would have been less noticeable. He's been a solid warrior for us, yeah probably time to hang them but to say he's absolutely pathetic, is absolutely pathetic.
All he cares about is being a good human being. He has said that many times. Meanwhile, players that are around his age such as Selwood (who we could have drafted), Dangerfield and Pendlebury are all serial winners and only care about winning Premierships. Boak doesn't care about winning at all which makes him a loser and pathetic.

Timmy basically said that a lot of our guys were soft when it really mattered and that when Jack was coaching, he would tell the players are half time that the Port fans know when you take small steps or when you go off the line of the ball or don't back into a pack and then lamented that we needed that hardness in the team because we've lost it.

Lol they have all been taught not to give a **** what fans think, so there is no implied pressure there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 12, 2024 vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back