Preview Round 12 - Carlton v Brisbane @ Etihad Stadium Sunday June 12 at 1.10PM - *Final Team-Post #411

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Round 12 - Carlton v Brisbane @ Etihad Stadium Sunday June 12 at 1.10PM

Ins: McLean, Henderson, Kreuzer
Outs: Curnow(was not right yesterday), Tuohy, Ellard

Can afford to play the extra talls against Brisbane who have their fair share of taller players.

Also under the roof, the boys will get the best of conditions.

Ins: McLean, Henderson, Kreuzer
Outs: Curnow(was not right yesterday), Tuohy, Ellard

Can afford to play the extra talls against Brisbane who have their fair share of taller players.

Also under the roof, the boys will get the best of conditions.
Irish-way to give the kid a go
Ellard-need I bother?
Next time ask your physio for help

heard Walker on the radio post match last night saying Krueze probably playing 2 games at 100% in the ressies before resuming with the Blues. said there is no rush to get him back. So i doubt he would be in this week.

Irish-way to give the kid a go
Ellard-need I bother?
Next time ask your physio for help

I just think that we should be aiming to play our best team at all times...
As much as I hope the kid succeeds, I do not believe we should be playing people who do not deserve a spot.

Ellard needs to work on his disposal. He can find a heap of the ball, but needs to be more damaging with it.

McLean dominated again in the 2's, and should not have been dropped. Curnow looked liked the couple of weeks out has cost him his match fitness.

Henderson should be given a game after coming back into form through the 2's.

Kreuzer I may be one week early for...but would love to see him out of the goal square!

Interesting observation..

If Judd isn't right, he shouldn't and probably won't be played next week.
I know it's Judd, but we've worked up too hard to gain a little depth, in order not to have to wear our players into the ground.

Reality is that even a half fit Judd makes the other team accountable for him and creates room for other players, so must be tempting to keep playing him.

I trust the club enough not to ruin our prize asset.

O'hAilpin's strong form will keep Henderson out.
Hampson's decent form will allow Kreuzer another week to adjust in the

I want to preface this by saying that I am one of Carlos' biggest fans.

He's playing well but can we persist with a key forward target who never actually looks like taking a mark? What Carlos does well, we already have Walker, Eddie and Gartlett doing.

I know he creates a contest and does everything right but so does Henderson AND he is a genuine marking target. I'd carry Setanta until Kreuzer comes back, if only for the back up ruck option but the reality for Setanta is that what he is brilliant at does not marry up with what we actually need from him.

Start clunking marks son!

Armfield is in trouble this week.

He's just not doing enough right now and we have the defenders to cover him easily. His disposal has been off and moving him up the ground seems to have stalled his development as a player.

Send him back to the VFL to regain some touch as a defender.

Would reckon that Tuohy offers better disposal, similar pace, and at very least a similar feel for the game. Only thing I am not sure of is the one on one defensive ability.

Any VFL watchers able to pass comment on a comparison between the two?

Re: Curnow

I think the MC made a mistake bringing him straight back in, without a hit-out in the Ants. That said, he improved a lot in the second half, and as long as his shoulder is ok, he should keep his spot.

There are very few players who I think should come straight back in after a 3 week injury (Judd, Murph, Gibbs, Jamo, Simmo. That's probably it).

Re: Curnow

I think the MC made a mistake bringing him straight back in, without a hit-out in the Ants. That said, he improved a lot in the second half, and as long as his shoulder is ok, he should keep his spot.

There are very few players who I think should come straight back in after a 3 week injury (Judd, Murph, Gibbs, Jamo, Simmo. That's probably it).

They probably did make a mistake, they should have left McLean in the team and let Curnow regain some touch in the VFL.

I don't really understand the thought process behind dropping McLean for Curnow. With the evidence we have from yesterdays game he wasn't really ready but now that he is in the side he should stay, he'll be better for the run.

Can someone explain to me the logic in starting a first gamer as a sub btw.

1) So difficult for Touhy to adjust to them tempo of the game in a quarter and a half
2) has no momentum to kick start him
3) Means it is incredibly hard to justify his spot in the team, with some classy players to come back. Pretty unfair on the lad.

Don't really understand the purpose. Thought he showed quite a bit (loved that switch at the end, nice to feel confident watching an irish lad switch the ball), but it is pretty unfair on him.

Am probably missing something here though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone explain to me the logic in starting a first gamer as a sub btw.

1) So difficult for Touhy to adjust to them tempo of the game in a quarter and a half
2) has no momentum to kick start him
3) Means it is incredibly hard to justify his spot in the team, with some classy players to come back. Pretty unfair on the lad.

Don't really understand the purpose. Thought he showed quite a bit (loved that switch at the end, nice to feel confident watching an irish lad switch the ball), but it is pretty unfair on him.

Am probably missing something here though
No- somebody will say crap about easing him in etc but
answer is
No

What I would like to see:
IN: Henderson, Warnock, Houlihan, Mclean
OUT: Waite (inj), Armfield, Ohailpin, Curnow (get him 100%)

Hampson and Warnock along with Henderson to be the talls up front at different stages.

Any low down on Jammo BIB?

What I would like to see:
IN: Henderson, Warnock, Houlihan, Mclean
OUT: Waite (inj), Armfield, Ohailpin, Curnow (get him 100%)

Hampson and Warnock along with Henderson to be the talls up front at different stages.

win by 62 and 4 changes???...how bad is waites injury?

Surely this door cannot take any more!

Hendo, Hoops, Mclean, Kreuz have all been banging on the door for a chance in the ones. IMO heno and hoops are needed back in the one (obviously kreuz too). I think that some time in the next three weeks the ins/outs will look something like this (bar any injury)

IN: Hendo, Hoops, 206, Kreuz, Bower
OUT: Armfield, Touhey, Hampson, Thornton, Ohailpin.

I know that there are a lot of talls there to come in, but kreuze is far from a liability when the ball hits the ground, bower is an upgrade on thornton, 206 is an upgrade on hampson. Hendo will give waite a chop out and make walker play on the 3rd defender and do more of what he did against port. Hoops will provide the class that armfield cant, but we will loose some hardness and run.

i think that will give us some good balance. 2 key defenders, and 2 key forwards, with 1.5 mobile rucks (206 isnt very mobile but can be when needed to). Ellard, mitch and curnow as the in and unders, with judd murph and scotto able to hold their own too. carrots will provide the reliable tag every week, and duigs, russel and yaz to give some dash off hb.

my biggest concern is overloading the forward line, but having walkers fitness base will allow him to push up the ground and play as a mid if need be. hoops and should play as the linnk man between hb and hf to give some decent delivery to our forwards, with betts and jeff to eat the scraps. then we're left with simmo and gibbs. gibbs can do what he has been doing in the last month, playing on a dangers mid, but keeping him quiet and hurting him the other way. simmo can do as he likes, coz he is simmo.

Yeah lets drop half the team :rolleyes:
Thornton played one of his best games for the club and you want him dropped !
I would say none of your suggestions are worth consideration .

Finally ..some common sense ! :thumbsu:

Yes common sense in the short term. Can't make that many changes to a team that won by 10 goals

I'm sure the other poster was recommending those 5 changes in the medium to long term, before you jumped down his throat. To an extent I agree with him. Except he has overlooked Laidler

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 12 - Carlton v Brisbane @ Etihad Stadium Sunday June 12 at 1.10PM - *Final Team-Post #411

Remove this Banner Ad

Back