Preview Round 12 Carlton V St Kilda Sunday 12 June 1.10PM @ Etihad Stadium - final changes post *976

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, first time post.

I just wanted to comment on St kilda after getting smashed...
Rd2 lost by 60, win rd 3 and almost beat the Hawks rd 4
Rd 5 lost by 50, win rd 6 and almost knock off north rd 7
Rd 8 lost by 103, win rd 9 & 10
Rd 11 thumped by 88....

Going on their pattern they aren't going to be lacking any confidence or eagerness for the contest
Compelling stats.

But they've gotta do it 30 times to be statistically significant!! :p

Welcome BTW!

Rd 11 thumped by 88....

Going on their pattern they aren't going to be lacking any confidence or eagerness for the contest
Welcome aboard!
I don't think too many here are taking this game lightly. Nothing wrong with being confident of a win though and the potential for a percentage booster with the outs they might have, but strangely still a 50/50.
I wonder if they had the same injury concerns going into those games.

Hey guys which end will the Carlton cheersquad sit on Sunday?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Rd 11 thumped by 88....

It is interesting...

wonder how many after those loses they didn't have Fisher, Dempster and Reiwoldt not playing? How many after those loses did they have a 6 day break with travel.

At least from the sounds within the club, we're not happy with how we played against Brisbane and are looking to rectify that.

It is interesting...

wonder how many after those loses they didn't have Fisher, Dempster and Reiwoldt not playing? How many after those loses did they have a 6 day break with travel.

At least from the sounds within the club, we're not happy with how we played against Brisbane and are looking to rectify that.

It's the first time this year they've had an injury list...
I'm getting a lot of joy giggling at the st kilda thread for this game, are they always this.... Funny? :drunk:

Rd 11 thumped by 88....

Forget about the almost wins against Hawks and North. Good effort by them in both games, but it holds no relevance to us because they were 2 weeks after the belting, not the game directly after, which is what we are concerned about.
Rd 2 thumped by WB (a top 4 team), rd 3 beat Pies (an up and down team that has been mostly down, but we beat them also).
Rd 5 thumped by GWS (top 8 team and top 4 contender), rd 6 beat Demons (middle of road team only one win above them).
Rd 8 thumped by WC over there (another top 8 team with top 4 potential), rd 9 beat Essendon (no comment needed) - rd 10 was Freo.
Rd 11 thumped by Crows (another top 8 team)...
The pattern I'm seeing is that they get thumped by the top teams (similar to us, but I think their losses have been worse) and beat the teams below or around them (same as us, but I think their wins have been slightly better). They might have come close against Hawks and Roos, but they haven't quite claimed the scalp of a top 8 team yet like we have.
Based on all that, it looks pretty even. Throw in their potential injuries and it might throw the balance our way. I'm not sure if they've had to battle through any games with injuries yet, but we have three times (Port and Geel, getting wins with limited rotations and against Lions, without Murphy and losing Kreuz at half time).
I think we hold the upper hand and that's reflected in our odds, but anything can happen.

Streaks like that are an anomaly, and they all at one point or another end. What better time than this week?

After all, we managed to snap a more impressive and longer lasting streak - Geelong winning 13 straight at Etihad against us.

Streaks like what?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So is their trophy cabinet ...
168972.jpg

Never fails to get a laugh.

Kreuzer to play??? Manage the kid properly or he won't make it to 30.

Everitt lucky not to be dropped; 2 invisible performances the past 3 weeks but he is leading our goalkicking, so...

Out: Kreuzer (concussion), Casboult (rest - fitness), Walker (goal-kicking).
In: Tutt, Jaksch, Silvagni, Phillips, Dick, Whiley.

Everitt lucky not to be dropped; 2 invisible performances the past 3 weeks but he is leading our goalkicking, so...

Everitt probably has had a couple of bad ones, but we are winning and look so much better when he's in the side for some reason. Are he and Gorringe playing similar roles though?
Kreuz seems to be doing everything right to play this week, although we have Phillips ready to come straight in, so it's no concern at all if they decide to rest him. Doubt Caz will get rested with the bye coming up. I think Walker has been playing good the past few weeks, even if the goals haven't quite been flowing.
I think Phillips coming in for Kreuz is the only likely change IF Kreuz doesn't get up. Otherwise I'm not sure there will be any.
I imagine Dick and Whiley would be a fair way off and Tutt might be a stretch also. All would probably need injuries to be a chance.
Jaksch and SOS outside chances.

First time in 4 weeks that I've been confident for a win.

Everything seems to be pointing in our direction.....Extra days rest.....the injured and ill aren't injured and ill...Saints down a few keys....and we all know what all that amounts to.........that's right! Not much.

Just wait until Wallsy writes a column tomorrow..You'll think twice.

We will beat this mob on Sunday - everyone we play under estimates the energy the players are pouring into the game for 4 quarters - you read the boards of coming opposition and most mouth the same inanities based on many years of playing against Carlton - weak list / soft etc etc -

the writing was on the wall in pre-season that the team had a game plan for the first time since Malthouse arrived - a game plan which saw the defensive aspect of the game improved beyond recognition.

the first four games saw gradual improvement as Bolton worked through players who were more rather than less able to play out 4 quarters performing their roles - and then BANG - a win against Freo over at WA and a win against Collingwood touted as definite finals side with a deep deep deep list...and again BANG Port - down players everywhere...

disappointment against norfs- with NO RUCKS or forward line FFS

and then again BANG - bye bye Geelong - down 2 players all game and three rotations for a lot of it...

Strange days starting to believe that this side with this coach is fast becoming a hunting side - rather than easy game...

Docherty nonchalantly stated that last year Brisbane would have beaten us last week - he said it twice on TV this week...matter of factly.

I dont know how many games the side will win this year- the only "cant win I dont think" I can see ahead are Sydney and GWS - one or two better midfielders on list and some development into forwards and we will rocket up ladder next year. The only thing which will hold us back is depth in the list.

Bolton is being credited for being a nice bloke and unifying influence at Carlton...for mine he should be credited for being the best coach in AFL this year. The bloke and his team of coaches obviously do their homework on opposition and are much more adept at in game tactics and the players believe - the only area which I see as a glaring problem for is is contested ball - particularly in center bounces - that requires more than just Cripps, Kreuzer and Gibbs.

Azul rises!!!!

I dont know how many games the side will win this year- the only "cant win I dont think" I can see ahead are Sydney and GWS - one or two better midfielders on list and some development into forwards and we will rocket up ladder next year. The only thing which will hold us back is depth in the list.

Loved your post, but just as an aside, we are facing GWS after our bye and they'll have played 13 rounds straight. They are already looking tired. I reckon we'll be a better than average chance even though its at Spotless :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back